RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yankiwi

LP Representative Vote

Somebody did speculate on the reasons why on here and got the boot, the same should apply to the petition organisers if they cannot provide the same.

The whole thing is just a sad affair.

I understood that even if the current L.P is voted out that the association can elect whoever they want to fill the role, so effectively could just put him straight back in, I may be mistaken though.

GRNZ management and board should have just said no!

That is true but under the rules as they stand they couldn't. They need to look at the rule that covers this sort of situation & see where it can be improved so that this sort of thing doesn't keep happening.

Somebody did speculate on the reasons why on here and got the boot, the same should apply to the petition organisers if they cannot provide the same.

The whole thing is just a sad affair.

I understood that even if the current L.P is voted out that the association can elect whoever they want to fill the role, so effectively could just put him straight back in, I may be mistaken though.

That is the reason I haven't put up my thoughts as to why the petition came about. If I was I would more then likely get the same treatment as the person who got the boot.

From what I was told by Mr Leach you are correct with your understanding.

I've heard an estimate of between $6k to $8k is going to be the cost to the association for this procedure.

What a complete and udder waste of money, for what I believe, is an ill-informed crusade by someone who probably just had a bee in their bonnet.

Because of this action, we can now write off a NZRS or something similar in the future, with the roughly $7k now gone out the window.

One thing I am however happy about, is that the association named the parties responsible for sponsoring the petition in the voting papers.

I think theyd give it to the countries leading trainer, john mcinerney, perfect for the position if you ask me

You could be right - he'd look out for the interests of the little people involved all over NZ, I'm sure.

Who brought in the pv may i ask?

I don't know. Great system though - I heard that one trainer got 186k worth last season . Wow!! No idea if that is true, though. That'd be tax free, too, wouldn't it?

If it was up to McInerney there would be no GAP or animal welfare policies at all, you only have had to of heard him at the several meetings over the last 12 months to know this.

He believes in the ignore them and they will go away policy, you cannot just ignore things

In terms of petrol vouchers I agree that in terms of who had by far the most to gain from them was himself.

I admire your loyalty AllTheWay to your kennel but he is not the type of person our industry needs to represent us.

I don't know. Great system though - I heard that one trainer got 186k worth last season . Wow!! No idea if that is true, though. That'd be tax free, too, wouldn't it?

$186,000.00 in petrol vouchers  :huh:

You could buy heaps of petrol/diesel and the vehicles to put it in, with a stack of 9,300 $20 vouchers.

You could be right - he'd look out for the interests of the little people involved all over NZ, I'm sure.

Are you taking the piss, yesterday at Dunedin his dog was badly injured he didnt even bother to see how the dog was..didnt batter an eye lid just carried on as though it never happened..

And your telling me he would look after the little people.thats a good one, instead of trying to undermine the lp how about looking after the welfare of your dogs..

Why the previous postings regarding the same subject were removed, is beyond me. This one is going the same way. Mud slinging. He said, she said. You call that positive debate. Don't think so! 

I agree...

I think it's best to ignore a possible debate for a new LP Rep until two things do somehow happen.

1) More than 50% vote for the removal of Graeme.

2) Then the remaining board see it fit to hold another costly election, instead of simply appointing a replacement (who potentially could be our current Rep).

If in some way both of the above things happen, then we'll have a chance to debate who we think should be on the board.

Are you taking the piss, yesterday at Dunedin his dog was badly injured he didnt even bother to see how the dog was..didnt batter an eye lid just carried on as though it never happened..

And your telling me he would look after the little people.thats a good one, instead of trying to undermine the lp how about looking after the welfare of your dogs..

Yes saw that. Dog was injured the momment they jumped.

What benifets him benifets every other dog trainer therefor i have no problem with that, the lp rep is meant to represent the lps including themselves

No, not themselves. Only unscrupulous, selfish, individuals would seek to be elected to further their own interests. These types are not wanted as candidates for the LP position. Whats wanted are characters with integrity, honesty, and a will to serve.