RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Christen Me great in Miracle mile...

......sorry folks nothing controversial in this thread but CM was brilliant winner of MM ......winning in 1.49.1

Continues a great run of form for Charlie Roberts....also Adore Me.

Well rated by DDunn ,TTL ran a nice 4th as well , showing what a great crop of tough horses we have among our top horses.

Congratulations deserved.

Great race and as expected super drive by DD. The coolness of the guy and the confidence superb. Has the race under control turning in but has the cheek to check how everyone else is going before really pushing the button. Ok - to do this in an ordinary race is understandable but this was the Miracle Mile and the pressure must have been intense. Even up the straight he only hit CM 6 times as opposed to Beautides 16 times. Deserves all the success he has achieved in the past and will do in the future.Well done to all concerned.

I do find it amusing that my reply is only the second to this incredible performance. Seems like most on here only want to ridicule others and their opinions on this forum.

Some pointless passive aggressive comments in here. 

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the Miracle Mile compared to other feature Group One races. More than any other feature race the result of the MM is invariably predetermined by the barrier draw. There is something inherently unfair and unreasonable about that situation. The fact three time NZ Cup winner Terror To Love who's in very solid form was at $41 from his impossible draw says it all. Also very telling that Mark Purdon would turn down an invite for the 750k MM with Adore Me.

Not sure what the answer is. Perhaps restrict the field to just five or six runners. Even with that the runner drawn six would be almost no hope. 

It seemed almost a formality they would run this years MM in record time. The first race of the night was a much lower grade race and the 8 year old Courage To Rule won that easily in 1.51 indicating a track screaming out very quick times. With Beautide and Avonnova drawn inside Christen Me it was always going to be game on from the get go.

Dexter's drive on Christen Me was a peach. He was dealt a brilliant hand and played it superbly.

Dexter knows what Christen Me has in the tank and I feel the Miracle Mile victory was not actually a big stretch for him. He's got a very good draw. He's got any amount of horse power with a horse ideally suited to the race conditions. He knows it will be game on from the get go because of who's drawn inside him so the field will break up a bit. ABC stuff for Dexter to sit off them and grab a good sit.

I've never seen Dexter look around to the left and right so much in the home straight in any race. The supporters of Beautide must have known they were toast just on Dexter's action's alone that said he knew he had Beautide covered and just wanted to make sure he didn't miss anything coming off them. Was a brilliant win.

Top run by Terror To Love to grab fourth but he was never a hope of finishing closer.

Just my take on the race.

Yes, impressive run by Christen Me. Congratulations to the connections. I just watched a replay of the race because the video link did not work yesterday when I tried to watch the race. It was a huge run from third placed horse Guaranteed also from his seven draw and Terror To Love kept fighting to the wire.