RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Northie

the Allegro dogs

I love seeing the allegro dogs go around, I remember Neville and Pauline Robson living over North Lismore with his parents, both having to work to support and raise a family and the dogs were kennalled under the house and when it flooded and that was at least once a year, their house would be surrounded by 6' or more of dirty flood water,

They were allways hard working people and when they took their dogs racing they allways stood out because of their great conditioning work, I remember the bookies were allways very wary of their dogs and I remember seeing the Robsons have a bet and their would be a bit of a scrum as others ran around looking for a good price before the bookies started winding the price down,, in about a minute the price would go from 3 or 4 to 1 to 4 to 6 odds on and yes, I remember a lot of them winning lol.

I'm not to sure if winnings helped them along with their hard work, but after a number of years they ended up on a farm a little out of town but still in a flood area and did their dogs there along with breeding and the winners kept coming and I'm pretty sure that's when the allegro started appearing regularly and I can remember him getting calls from farmers whose cattle might have broken a leg and had to be destroyed and he would do all of the butchering, he was a very good jack of all trades and Pauline going over the dogs checking and working on any soreness after a nights racing.

After a period at that place they got a lovely piece of land(that didn't flood) and Mr Robson built their family home and developed part of the land into a lovely kennel and runs area and an uphill training track and the allegro name was well and truly established,

Allright that will do, I just got lost down memory lane, I used to see Pauline and Nevilles name in the ownership of Hi fi allegro when it was racing and I'm real glad to see one of her litters making a good impression.

Some stats from the litter-

9 dogs in the litter, all have made the track while 6 are currently in C5, 1 is in C4 and the other 2 in C3.

224 starts combined for 85 wins, 39 seconds and 31 thirds for a combined earnings of $121,807.

Quite brilliant, and to think they are only 2 and a half years old. How good is Collision. Worth every cent if you can afford a straw!

Will be fascinating to see what she throws in her next litter to Premier Fantasy, and most recently Magic Sprite ( according to fasttrack )

This is one of the best line of greyhounds in my opinion (im maybe biased having so much success from my first litter from tess tokaam (flying allegro/blue series bred bitch) but am planning to base my whole kennels on this blood with the generous addition of two potential top brood bitches namely Eruza and Lost in Light (full sister to Really Clever) with many thanks to brendon and craig. Exciting times ahead. This is a line of dogs that just keeps producing top grade speedsters.

This is one of the best line of greyhounds in my opinion (im maybe biased having so much success from my first litter from tess tokaam (flying allegro/blue series bred bitch) but am planning to base my whole kennels on this blood with the generous addition of two potential top brood bitches namely Eruza and Lost in Light (full sister to Really Clever) with many thanks to brendon and craig. Exciting times ahead. This is a line of dogs that just keeps producing top grade speedsters.

Good for you Alesha. You've done a great job with all your dogs! Things can only get better, now knowing what is required! Keep up the great work!

I really enjoyed Friday nights racing probably more so as I got the last quadie and thanks to the allegro dogs it paid well with the other 2 being pretty hot.

I'm not positive about this, but I think the Ahern kennel were about the first kennel to have some of the allegro breed racing and I do remember seeing the Robson name in ownership of hi fi allegro, does anyone know the first dog of this breed to race here and also if the Robsons ever came over to watch their lovely bitch race.

Hi Alesha you wont do yourself any harm by using this brood line as a starting point..many people here in Oz including myself feel this breed continue to produce exceptional dogs..the Robson name is legendary in northern NSW.

My good friends the Magnay's who reside in Lismore which is situated within that region have nothing but admiration & kind words about Nev Robson..fact is they also bought two bitches from him..Drunken Treasure & Diamond Series..there track careers were plagued with injuries..but it's in the breeding kennel where these two girls have left there mark..they're both out of Hot Treasure who of course is the Mother of Hifi Allegro as well!

In the last five years the Magnay's have produced some marvellous dogs here in Oz using this magnificent line..I refer to the likes of Speed Series Maximus Danger Chevez Four Winds Sabah Magic Hurricane Ash & one you should remember who raced in NZ not long ago Firehawk...who was a track record holder in Oz before crossing the ditch..he was a flying machine & won many races in NZ..after such a short racing career the dog tragically broke a hock..I will kick off my first breeding venture with an El Galo x Drunken Treasure bitch..who at the age of thirteen months was showing blinding speed prior to breakin..but unfortunately whilst I was on holidays a grass seed penetrated her body..which left her in a shocking state..if not for leading Australian vet Alistair Smith she would never had pulled through..when she recovered our girl was never the same..she'd lost all that magical speed she once had..although she did have two starts running a second & fourth.

Truth be known at the time of purchase I never intended to race her..she was bought primarily for breeding..come February she'll be mated with Fabregas..our girl is 33kgs of muscle!... I also own two of her brothers from the same litter who've done extremely well for me...Feels Like El who has won thirty races in WA & will be crowned Mandurah Trackstar early next year...& of course Sozin's Comet who I hope people will take time to view his breeding chart..it's there they'll read why he can run!..so Alesha I wish you well in the future with your breeding..i look forward in seeing many more progeny race from the Nev Robson line..& good luck with your venture.

Regards

Michael Hart 

I've known the Robson's for thirty plus years and had the pleasure of catching up and spending time with Neville and Pauline a couple of weeks ago, going over old times. Unfortunately due to their health they no longer have any dogs but still love watching them on TV and Neville gets to Lismore meetings whenever possible. They have indeed been to NZ on the odd occasion to see some of the dogs race.   

They have a long and distinguished career in the industry, particularly in their native NSW as trainers and breeders. They are legends in the Northern Rivers areas of the state. I'll never forget when about fifteen or so years ago when they decided to move to the central coast and have a real crack at the big time for themselves. Despite their success in the Northern Rivers and many hit and run raids to Sydney, Coonamble etc. and with their dogs when sent to other trainers, many questioned this move particularly at their stage of life. However it didn't take long for them to establish themselves as a major force in the region churning out winner after winner on TAB and City tracks and track record holders along the way. One other point worth noting is that when they sold dogs you never had to worry about them being risky as the dogs kept on delivering. 

As others have pointed out their  breed is held in high esteem throughout the country and now NZ as well. Their legacy to the NZ industry spreads even further through Brendan Cole/Lisa Ahern. Brendan credits Neville with teaching him the ropes and how to check for injuries and Neville is equally proud of Brendan's success.     

Had the absolute pleasure of a guided tour of Lisa and Brendon's super setup recently..and there are enough royally bred pups running around in a wonderful facility to fill a 12 Race Card. B)

No excuses Modest Mouse, if you have less dogs to look after they should be getting more attention and education than most others in big kennels who are just a number.

It's trying to win races staying clean that is getting harder and harder, the number of dogs you have shouldn't come into it.

Agree  Who.Knows  !!! .....Mouse, never give in,,, it actually makes it easier as every dog has its day..If.. the smaller kennels get  the very good dogs and take out the  bigger stake races it makes it very hard on the larger kennels. If for some reason a serious illness strikes a larger kennel It would make  it an extremely even playing field. You had a real lovely dog that never gave in and.. your outlook needs to hold on to that .. Stay  strong and get on with it girl :)

Hi Alesha you wont do yourself any harm by using this brood line as a starting point..many people here in Oz including myself feel this breed continue to produce exceptional dogs..the Robson name is legendary in northern NSW.

My good friends the Magnay's who reside in Lismore which is situated within that region have nothing but admiration & kind words about Nev Robson..fact is they also bought two bitches from him..Drunken Treasure & Diamond Series..there track careers were plagued with injuries..but it's in the breeding kennel where these two girls have left there mark..they're both out of Hot Treasure who of course is the Mother of Hifi Allegro as well!

In the last five years the Magnay's have produced some marvellous dogs here in Oz using this magnificent line..I refer to the likes of Speed Series Maximus Danger Chevez Four Winds Sabah Magic Hurricane Ash & one you should remember who raced in NZ not long ago Firehawk...who was a track record holder in Oz before crossing the ditch..he was a flying machine & won many races in NZ..after such a short racing career the dog tragically broke a hock..I will kick off my first breeding venture with an El Galo x Drunken Treasure bitch..who at the age of thirteen months was showing blinding speed prior to breakin..but unfortunately whilst I was on holidays a grass seed penetrated her body..which left her in a shocking state..if not for leading Australian vet Alistair Smith she would never had pulled through..when she recovered our girl was never the same..she'd lost all that magical speed she once had..although she did have two starts running a second & fourth.

Truth be known at the time of purchase I never intended to race her..she was bought primarily for breeding..come February she'll be mated with Fabregas..our girl is 33kgs of muscle!... I also own two of her brothers from the same litter who've done extremely well for me...Feels Like El who has won thirty races in WA & will be crowned Mandurah Trackstar early next year...& of course Sozin's Comet who I hope people will take time to view his breeding chart..it's there they'll read why he can run!..so Alesha I wish you well in the future with your breeding..i look forward in seeing many more progeny race from the Nev Robson line..& good luck with your venture.

Regards

Michael Hart

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for you're kind comments always good to learn some of the history behind these dogs. Currently looking for a sire for Eruza been thinking along the lines of

http://www.greyhound-data.com/dbtestmating.php?&sireid=1785125&damid=1943115

Or even Blue Lorian

Does any one have any other suggestions what crosses well with this blood and which sire would add certain traits its lacking?

Hi Alesha,

When looking further into your pure octane brood bitch,

i would look at using one of the following,Both are proven sires over pure octane bitches 

http://www.greyhound-data.com/dbtestmating.php?&sireid=1791013&damid=1943115

http://www.greyhound-data.com/dbtestmating.php?&sireid=1869481&damid=1943115

Good Luck.

Hi Alesha

My second choice for my bitch was Spring Gun..change your tesmating around on GD & watch this mating light up like a Xmas tree!

There are good reports circulating around here in Oz..that he puts some aggression into his pups.

You may like to follow a litter form Diamond Series..who's closely related to your bitch.

Her pups from Spring Gun have just hit the track here in Oz..already producing a winner.

Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year to you & your family.

Regards

Michael Hart

Micheal

Have a look at Bekim bales top

Offspring,with pure octane broodies.

Mapunga Hayley

Ruff cut diamond

Lochinvar Rossi

All city class dogs

From pure octane bitches,

Bomaztic Shiraz is also proven

Over pure octane bitches,

But as he's hard to find,

Fabregas would be better suited

As he's throwing to bitches that carry collision in there damline

IE...

Dana mosso

Astromatic,racing tonight at the meadows

In the silver chief heats against above all.

Fabregas will also give your bitch

An upgrade in strength as many

Short course bitches going to him are throwing Very fast dogs!!

We all know how good Dixie lee

Was..she's got a Fabregas litter on the ground looking Very nice

Hi Josh

Your analysis is right on the mark!

Within the next twelve months Fabregas will have an abundance of well bred stock running around...with the great Dixie Lee's offspring being amongst them.

Were any of this litter for sale Josh?..

Trying to find a straw of Bombastic Shiraz..is like looking for hen's teeth over here.

Although a good mate of mine was able to secure one just recently..believe me mate they don't come cheap..the hardest part is getting the people to part with them..& i for one don't blame them either!!

Hope you were able to partake in the good odds on offer with Astromatic Saturday night

well found!...my heart was with the runner up..he's a top dog in the making this one & will only get better.

Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year

Regards

Michael Hart

hi michael

not sure if there would be any dixie lee pups for sale,but pm me,

yes mate astromatic was a standout for mine,And there was another standout that night 

being the very smart dyna double one,,this pup will be very hard to beat in the final.

best wishes,