RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Eagle Eye

Another Interesting Rumour

The information was well known when one of his workers at the time blurted at Waikato races that a dog he had engaged in a distance race was actually dead and had been for some time! Stipes knew but ......where's that broom again?

Going by Paul's post he's done nothing wrong so why the quick trainer change? Why the enquiry? Cause you didn't scratch your dog when you got home? Get real.

Sounds like his cunningness has got them by the crutch again!

Heard at the track last week

When the steward approached a party involved in the scratchings of the dog(s), she took off and the stewards chased her down the street and dragged her into a car

Not a good look from the ruling authorities and it could come back to haunt them 

Why cant everyone just play within the rules?

Yes accidents do happen from time to time in the breaching of a rule, but is it worth it in the end to deliberately break a rule to try to gain an unfair advantage?

By doing so you might get a few more wins in the short term. There's also a good chance that one day you'd end up with more expenses as well for lawyers & such and what could be the biggest expense of all, a tarnished, long lasting reputation within the industry.

Hypothetically, if I were currently looking to place one of my dogs with a trainer in the CD, I can't say who I'd be speaking with first but I could say who I wouldn't be speaking to at all.

I'm sure if everyone followed the rules, it would create much less drama & make a much more level playing field for all those involved by doing so. I know, wishful thinking.

What's up with your post Eagle Eye? Stewards chased someone down the street and dragged them into a car? Perhaps a bit of hyperbole there? Sounds more like the behavior of a rapist than a steward! Lol

I have from an impeccable source the true oil is contained in bits and pieces of the comments made by subscribers to this article. All that is necessary is to fill in the few remaining gaps.     It was all an ambitious plan on the part of a "known" trainer to gain an unfair advantage but unfortunately it came unstuck. First, a distance dog was set for a big plunge against the bookies here and in Aussie. To firmly entrap the bookies it was decided to euthanise the animal some 4 days before the event then nominate it for the race. With the dog being dead even our NZ bookies would be enticed into providing a realistic fixed odds price (demonstrably they are reluctant to do so if a dog is actually living).The idea being that a name change would then be requested to Lazarus and  a magic potion administered so Lazarus could live up to its new name. Unfortunately that is where matters got out of hand. The stewards caught wind of the cunning plan and chased the holder of the potion down the street and dragged the reluctant person into the car and destroyed the plan. Our now not so cunning trainer then had no option but to scratch the dog. The vet certificate he had signed himself testifying to Lazerus' return to life thus went unused.  As the finale of all this took place at about 11.50 pm the trainer didn't immediately advise of the scratching and compounded the troubles. Clearly this compilation of circumstances was unique and the penalty decision handed down had also to be unique so it was communicated after the deadline for any appeal. A clear picture has now emerged. ......... Fortunately only one animal was hurt in the production of this epic.

Conveniently just outside the timeframe to appeal according to the rules.

I find this quite ironic.

If the rules in were followed in the first place you wouldn't have the need to worry about a rule to appeal anything.

Are we meant to feel you've been hard done by?

No pity here.

what a bunch of shit !!!

ill be pushing my luck from now on see how far it gets a hoinest  hard working trainer ...... NOWHERE!!!

C'mon mate, that just sounds like sour grapes, did you actually read the JCA report?

Well, Mr Freeman has been dishonest, corrupt, selfish and greedy to name just a few, but he is paying a hefty price! He will be disquilified for another whole week yet and will have to pay a huge fine of $300 meaning the poor bastard will have to hand over 1 of his 3rd place cheques! I think we can all agree he's been dealt with harshly and now cut him some slack. Its all Georgie Clarks fault anyway, he wasnt responsible for her actions.

Very puzzled to why the secretary has got away from this what I can understand without a charge. So what if she had been influenced by Mr Freeman, she has a very responsible position within the industry and as far as I am concerned and should be punished for her actions. One month for Mr Freeman is a joke he will be laughing drinking a glass of red wine. Good on you JCA for continuing to reward appalling behaviour.  

Well, Mr Freeman has been dishonest, corrupt, selfish and greedy to name just a few, but he is paying a hefty price! He will be disquilified for another whole week yet and will have to pay a huge fine of $300 meaning the poor bastard will have to hand over 1 of his 3rd place cheques! I think we can all agree he's been dealt with harshly and now cut him some slack. Its all Georgie Clarks fault anyway, he wasnt responsible for her actions.

A fine of $300 probably wouldn't cover the cost of all the phone calls made surrounding the investigation of his intentional breach of the rules.

I however do believe he may be paying a hefty price in a roundabout way.

He now has an officially tarnished record & reputation as a public greyhound trainer which is something, I for one, will never forget.

If you have a look at another thread on this website http://www.racecafe.co.nz/forums/index.php/topic/38277-stand-downs/ you'll see in post #6 I had begun questioning the integrity of scratching Gibbonator on 29 October, prior to that Palmerston race meet even beginning that day, from which it was first scratched.

His now publicly posted conviction will have no blinding effect on my eyes looking forward, even though I've been told on yet another thread here on RaceCafe by a member entitled "ate" that

"You wouldnt get a job with iru .

You cant read and you cant count."

And "ate" could very well be correct with that past statement. However, "ate" may have forget to mentioned that somehow, sometimes I might be able to see invisible things between the lines of letters that I can't read.  :)

It seems a little unbalanced to say the least !!. Make a genuine mistake on race day and if your dog is outside the weight allowance for example  the charge is almost half that of this serious blunder that  cost Freeman.  This  fraudulent, sneaky, cunny  calculating and straight out slimy person gets away with coming back amongst us  next week. What a bloody insult to all concerned!!!,      R.I.U . This is worse than Cameron George and all his promises to be a man of INTEGRITY which is very doubtful that he was. Has this set the benchmark for the disgusting results in some important areas that you embarrassingly continue to dish out???  How the hell can Paul Freeman and his so called Race Secretary Georgie Clark that possibly succumbed to his requests  get away with this pathetic outcome and still continue in positions of trust within the Palmerton North Club.  It hurts to the very core for   the reason you are here to protect me and my fellow lovers of the sport...Some one, some where needs to go and we need to clean this shit up before it destroys the very same sport that Millions are paid towards your outcome.  

Have to agree with the majority of posters here, it's a bloody disgrace and our association should hang it's head in letting them both away with such a light penalty and not pushed for a higher one.

What do you do when the integrity unit itself is showing no integrity?

I feel very disputed by the whole thing and have no respect or time for either person involved, they should both be looking for new positions within the Palmerton Club that's for sure, a club run by 2 proven fraudsters and liars is not a good look.

Now the information is even more readily available to those who do not regularly visit RaceCafe, JCA, or other industry specific websites.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/sport/65292914/Palmerston-North-racing-boss-banned-for-covering-up-dogs-injury

ita an absolute joke he should have got 3 years 4 bringing the sport into disrepute

It seems a little unbalanced to say the least !!.

You've got that right Brainstorm.

A JCA hearing handed down a decision against an LP for wearing the wrong colour pants and that ended with the total of $200 in fines & costs. To me that seemed a bit hefty, but agree the rule needed to be challenged. 

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-j-goode-decision-dated-26-september-2014

I'd be willing to bet that this trainers dog performs no differently, no matter what colour pants the trainer wears.

Then the recent PF hearing which we've all read about by now ended with the total of $550 in fines & costs.

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-p-b-freeman-decision-dated-24-december-2014

Not at all proportional in sense of which rule/rules were breached.

On another note, I wonder how the ownership syndicate of Gibbonator are feeling about their choice in trainers.

I also wonder if they're aware there are some very good rule abiding public or private (with the trainers name in the syndication) trainers who would treat Gibbonator within the welfare rules and not try to force him to race before the end of a vet's stand-down.

Is there a public way to find out who the actual owners are within a syndication?

just heard miss Clarke is not happy about what we are all saying about her as she was cleared of anything!!!!

so we must stop at once!!                                                                                                                                              so she didn't alter a vet note??????? and whatever else?????