RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Davey Boy

Nigel "Sharkie" Clark

My deepest thoughts go out to Lloyd and family on Nigel's passing.

Sharkie was one of the true legends and personalities of greyhound racing.

I have had some great nights with Sharkie and will miss them immensely but will remember them fondly.

RIP the Shark man.

Cheers, Davey Boy.

My deepest thoughts go out to Lloyd and family on Nigel's passing.

Sharkie was one of the true legends and personalities of greyhound racing.

I have had some great nights with Sharkie and will miss them immensely but will remember them fondly.

RIP the Shark man.

Cheers, Davey Boy.

Concur with Davey Boy

Yes plenty of funny moments when sharkie was around the traps.

Was good to see him doing well training and commentating.

His larger than life bubbling personality will be sadly missed.

Condolences to the family

Hard to believe that there wont be any more wakeup calls in the wee small hours featuring impressions of Reg Clapps 1975 Rowe Cup Call..or a rendition of Bonecrusher racing into equine immortality after his battle with Waverley Star.My favourite remains Frank Spencer conversation with Betty...

Shark..so pleased that you got to experience part of your dream this year,to get some trackside commentating spots..combined with travelling the country in the quest of training winners and pulling off a punting coup..ala Farmor Jazil.

It was taken for granted that your huge personality would impact on those priviledged to be in your company during upcoming Cup Week Christchurch.

For sure your spirit will be alive Show Day at Sefton.

I know you were proud of your UDR Strike Rate..well Mate you have left it NZ Top 2 (50 starters or more) alongside your great friend Dave Fahey..you were making a real impression with your entry into The Trainers Ranks...

Sympathy with Parents Lloyd/Laurel.

Pilli to 'Pilli 002.

How I will miss your banter.

How I will miss your cryptic texts.

How I will miss your off the wall comments.

How I will miss your "You cant say that Tony".

How I will miss those nights, where nobody would ever believe what we got up too [No three time !]

How i will miss not telling you how much I enjoyed your friendship.

How I miss you already .......

Me old Mate

How I will miss your banter.

How I will miss your cryptic texts.

How I will miss your off the wall comments.

How I will miss your "You cant say that Tony".

How I will miss those nights, where nobody would ever believe what we got up too [No three time !]

How i will miss not telling you how much I enjoyed your friendship.

How I miss you already .......

Me old Mate

And no one to 'chair' up this arvo.

a very sad day for all greyhound people and for the greyhound game in general,a top bloke a real character and will be sadly missed by me and imsure all other people that knew him,allways loved the phone calls "whats my dogs payin tomorrow" followed by "only trialing average i cant beat that one" needles to say more times than not sharkie was standing on top of the dias after the race. So farewell sharkie a friend who will truely be missed RIP

There is alot to miss about Nigel.

Late night phone calls.

The jokes and wise cracks. - "What am I doing????"

He was always there to lend a hand, to anyone.

The meal breaks on the long trips north at "the Rat hole' in Bulls.

That checky grin, when he had got one over you.

Sharkie, I am sure you must have heard us lift the roof off the Anglers Arms (Nigels 2nd favourite pub) when Sam won tonight.

The shared laughs, the shared tears.

'Chair up'

We will miss you.

Dave & Jean

There was an almighty roar too at Sharkie's local in Palmy last night when Dandaloo Blue saluted in the last. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Sharkie passed away while out training his dogs at Himitangi Beach yesterday morning. It is thought he suffered a heart attack. There will be a post mortem on Monday to confirm the cause of death.

Thanks for the laughs Sharkie, one of the good guys for sure!

all of the thoroughbred side are deeply up-set too. he was loved by most who ever meet him. we too had same crazy fun nights out on the town with sharkie!!

for you who don't know.... he had a heart attack when at the beach while ranning same of his beloved grey hounds.

RIP mate we will never forget you!!!!

Spent some time with Sharkie at the Albany Hotel after we won the Shoot Out late last year - sat around with the races on SKY (no form guides or sound on the TV) and sharkie decided to be the bookie for the day - it was a funny afternoon - Grizzly was up $1800 and decided to have it all on the fav in the last at the horses - luckily for sharkie the fav got boxed in and finished a desperately unluck 2nd

Will be sadly missed by all they boys included us here in Aus - listen to his race calls over the internet and thought he held up as good as B. Martin (especially when the dog he backed in the race was in front !!!)

Our condolances to his family

all of the thoroughbred side are deeply up-set too. he was loved by most who ever meet him. we too had same crazy fun nights out on the town with sharkie!!

for you who don't know.... he had a heart attack when at the beach while ranning same of his beloved grey hounds.

RIP mate we will never forget you!!!!

Very sad to hear the young fellow passed on.

condolances to his family.

Though I am in Melbourne, this has truly come as a shock.

I guess this reminds us all of just how fragile we really are...

Since I heard yesterday, it has put a dampener on the fun here...

I know he was a very good trainer, and I always looked at his puppies for my multi-bets.

A while back he did a stint of race-calling and tipping. He was a good caller and a better tipster.

Thank you for explaining how he passed...I wasn't trying to be voyueristic, or nosey, I just couldn't believe someone so full of life was no longer here...

If there is a God, and a heaven, then I hope he will enjoy Darren Tyquins company.

A terrible loss...R.I.P. Mr Sharkey!

Mate,have known eachother for long time,having shifted to Taupo,have not seen you for almost 12 months,can not beleive this has happened,what a shock and sharky join another legend in Darren Tyquin,who i did numerous radio interviews with when Foxton Track reporter,DEE GEE.Condolences to the family and what a great win by your final runner at the greyhound fixture in Wanganui.

A great guy who made me truely welcome when I visited the CD from OZ. The news of his passing came as a great shock and' although I have never met his family, my sympathy is extended to them.

Ray Webster