RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mmmyb

this just in

Problem is, how many dogs have caught the infection from Kilchurn when kennelled last week when he would of been incubating it and spreading it. There will be many dogs sweating on not displaying symptons going into tonight. Not a good time to be punting there tonight.  All dogs that raced after Kilchurns race last week would be exposed through the lure, not to mention those kennelled near him in the kennell block. Then theres all the Freeman dogs. I believe the Central Districts is where its eminating from.

Bad luck alright, got to feel for the connections of the dog on the ballots too, denied a start because they didn't scratch earlier.

If you new anything about kennel cough you would know it can strike anytime, and you do not know they have it until they show clinical signs, ie coughing. It incubates up to 2 weeks before clinical signs are apparent. Poor Glen probably didn't realise his dog was infected until after scratching time, hence the late scratching. Just terrible bad luck. The race has been robbed of one of the stars.

Another 2 late scratchings from the Weir kennel, I wouldn't be backing Fast Archer or any others in the kennel with any confidence tonight, how do we know they don't have it?

You are probably OK backing older dogs such as Fast Archer, its the younger dogs that are more susceptible as they usually haven't  had it. Lots of dogs get it when growing up at some stage, and that gives them a good level of immunity. Kilchurn falls into this category being under two. I personally like my dogs to be exposed to kennel cough whilst young during the rearing period. It boost their immune system to it later when it becomes very inconveniant.

May as well write dream collectors name on the trophy now after kilchurn being scratched

Nah Mate  - Blitzing Mayhems name is on the trophy :) and also on Kilchurn I think Glen made a good decision to scratch him because he would of had a feeling to run him since its a $100,000 race, Hes only just came in to the R/A racing so still very young and surely he will be there next year.