RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Tony Lee

i  think  aaron  white  is  doing fab   job       as  for t  lee   he could  been  still here  if  he did what he was told re  his bar  

Can't see the point of getting Aaron from the night trots at Alex to Central Districts the next day when Mike O'Sullivan is probably available. Mike's calling is a street better than some off the Australian racecallers we get inflicted with. Actually Tony Lee should have gone to Australia he would soon be No 1 there.

Good on him, great track out at Klang Valley and he could cover some of the other meetings too as an invited caller in Penang and Perak as they won't be a consortium set up anymore, and true, Singapore would seem a logical move from there  and it's only a short hop to Hong Kong and Macau.  I guess it depends what his contract entails and how much "lee-way" :) .. it gives him.   Pretty nice re-entry into the job :)

Look, without bagging Aaron, he does miss the boat a lot.

I have been watching recently, and it seems like he misses the obvious. A horse running home well, he will not see until late, but will state that it flew home. Never was, just didn't pick it up.

Those he does see, he will really get excited about, only thing, we are all watching and we know the horse was never going to get up.

Maybe he punts a bit, but I will not listen to him on radio, have to watch TV, and see the real deal

every     cometator in aussie is the same  

Remind us Mr_Gee, what was Tony Lee told re his bar?

had  something  re  thne missing money  his  bar owed   ,  also    witch  also  bromhill had prom  with his  betting on course witch apparently  at time  he was  the only  commentator  that was allowed  to as it was in his contract  

had  something  re  thne missing money  his  bar owed   ,  also    witch  also  bromhill had prom  with his  betting on course witch apparently  at time  he was  the only  commentator  that was allowed  to as it was in his contract

I didn't quite catch that Mr Gee...?

you talk absolute rubbish  Broomhall hated tony  nothing to do with betting  get your facts right

rumpole...

How do you know that "Broomhall hated Tony"?

I have had a number of dealings with Mr Broomhall and I have formed the opinion that Mr Broomhall is not the type of person who would conduct himself in the manner your posting insinuates.

I vehemently disagree with a lot of what Mr Broomhall has done and I have had several stern but polite and professional discussions with him on a number of contentious issues. During these, and at all other times, Mr Broomhall has conducted himself as a consumate professional...even when I rang him at inopportune times.

I ask you to take your own advice and either post evidence to support your allegation or to apologise and withdraw it.

Thank you.

Ashoka

I don't know the full story but this is what Tony said last year:

His shock departure from Trackside was the result of a stoush with his boss, Glen Broomhall.

"We've not seen eye-to-eye over the years on a couple of things," Lee told the Sunday Star-Times during the week.

The 55-year-old, who owns Trax Bar at Wellington Railway Station, said the pair held conflicting views over the direction the channel should take.

"Horses in New Zealand go back a long, long way - they're a part of our history - and I didn't think that was being acknowledged enough. I thought it was more of a tipping channel and I didn't think that was a healthy way to go. Everyone wants to go to work feeling wanted, but I didn't feel that."

Lee said he spoke with Broomhall on Wednesday because he had a lot of pressure from people to make a return to commentating. "He said he wouldn't want me back race calling - he's building his team in the direction that he's taking it." It was suggested he could return as a mentor.

TAB communications manager John Mitchell confirmed Lee's version of events. "We've got the hugest amount of respect for him [Lee] as a racing personality and a racing caller, it's just unfortunate that he has a different view on where he would like to see our broadcasting channels go."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/8405329/Racing-commentator-quit-over-boss-strife

T Lee was the best comentator in NZ by a country mile ,and i agree what ever the issue was could have been sorted because Tonys imput into his calls gave a bit of class to the whole occasion ,which even though i must say the comentaors we have right now are not bad ,there was an empty black hole created when he was replaced.

T Lee was the best comentator in NZ by a country mile ,and i agree what ever the issue was could have been sorted because Tonys imput into his calls gave a bit of class to the whole occasion ,which even though i must say the comentaors we have right now are not bad ,there was an empty black hole created when he was replaced.

He was a reasonable caller until about 150m from the winning post then it often went to custard. Cant think of anyone who consistently mentioned less horses in the last 150m.