RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Unbelievable! Guess Who's Back?

M2 R10 Waikato Races Te Rapa

CHRISTMAS AT THE RACES R65 1600 Rating 65 Benchmark* (Te Rapa) 1600m $17,500

FF Win 210 FF Place 1210

1 63523 Apachee Taat (6) 59 Brendan Hutton (a3)

2 401x3 Handsome Hermes (7) 58.5 Samantha Collett

3 78x51 Liquid Asset (5) 58 Sam Spratt

4 10x33 Longbeach (11) 58 Cameron Lammas

5 2221. Packing Chaparral (8) 58 Michael Coleman

6 43x12 Marcelle (17) 57 Reese Jones

7 170x2 Rasa Lila (9) 57 Vinnie Colgan

8 4x600 Jimmy Hoffa (12) 57 Shaun McKay (a3)

9 58x1. Roc That (3) 56.5 Josh Oliver (a3)

10 43x10 Mystic Man (13) 56.5 Michelle Wenn

11 51 Puntinato (16) 56 Danielle Johnson

12 5186x Astardia (15) 55 Lynsey Satherley

13 43x59 High Viz (2) 55 Anna Jones (a3)

14 020x7 Tiara (18) 54.5 Lee Magorrian (a3)

15 418 Our Daisy (1) 54 Mark Du Plessis

16 0x693 Mrs Sin (10) 54 Lisa Cropp

17 x3858 Savabella Rose 54 Scratched

18 04x93 Dezignator (4) 55.5

19 027x7 Chipandchase (14) 56.5

fitzy...

I ask you to take an overview of our racing industry as it currently stands.

Do you consider those currently responsible for the running of the racing industry to be "fit and proper people"?

Do you consider those currently responsible for the maintenance of integrity within the racing industry to be "fit and proper people?

I, most certainly, don't.

I would trust Ms Cropp before I even considered trusting any of the aforementioned.

All the best.

Ashoka

Given the total lack of respect she showed the judicial and racing authorities during her drugs fiasco a few years back she should never be allowed a license in my view.

How could anyone be confident that she is a "fit and proper person". ??

. Get over it Lisa has done her time.Fit and proper person haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa. There would be plenty over the years that would fit that description but have used there position of power to hide the facts from the masses.

sunlineboy...

I am fully aware of the variables inherent in the said equation.

You, on the other hand, have no idea as to the reality behind the people I have identified.

This is no reflection on you, or others, as it not possible for you, or others, to know what I am referring to.

If you had this knowledge, you would understand the meaning behind my posting and, if I may be so bold as to venture this...I believe that you would agree with me.

All the best.

Ashoka

And none of you have ever stuffed up in your life, give it a rest, give em hell Lisa, class is permanent and you have plenty of it in the saddle.

I would imagine the vast majority of RC users (no pun intended) haven't 'stuffed up' to the extent that Lisa did. That's a long serving jail sentence in the U.S. BUT, as people have said, time to move on and hope she doesn't revert back to her ways.

Good luck to her....

But lets face it....She did herself no favours with the public, trainers, owners etc after the incident.

Those that are now giving here a 2nd, or 3rd...or 5th...I cant keep up....they deserve a medal.

It wasn't just the positive drug test, but the delaying tactics and continued spurious appeals to the courts, to allow her to keep riding for 4 years after the initial positive.

The rule has since been modified, but at the time NZTR did not have the legal right to withdraw her licence.

Nowadays, any jockey under investigation can't continue riding.

Fleeced and poorly advised by lawyer Barry Hart, who has since been struck off for grossly over charging another client.

I followed the saga with interest, and always found it intriguing that 'gentle influence'(wise counsel so to speak) from some of the more respected members of the racing industry was not exercised, in view of the bad press it was bringing down on the industry.

Perhaps it was, perhaps it was a hopeless cause

Well said Hesi, my point exactly!!

Given the total lack of respect she showed the judicial and racing authorities during her drugs fiasco a few years back she should never be allowed a license in my view.

How could anyone be confident that she is a "fit and proper person". ??

lol   respect    for    the  jra   umm    where   was  there  respect  for  her    they  took no  responsibility  at and never have done  

Hesi...

It was her ability to see things that weren't there that worried me the most,

However, I believe that her conduct at that time was time-specific and not indicative of her usual condition, especially mentally.

Further, I feel that the manner is which she was treated, both by the authorities and the media (social media included), was unproffessional and bigoted.

Ms Cropp endured an introduction to the racing industry during a time when misogyny was still embraced as a badge of honour among the more witless participants in the racing industry. The price she was forced to pay in order to participate, in the first instance, was unwarranted, in my opinion.

She deserves another chance and I really hope that she makes the most of it as her talent is undeniable.

All the best.

Ashoka

Hesi...

As a person who closely followed this matter, what comment do you make on the circumstances surrounding the taking of the urine sample in question? Was this an uncontaminated sample?

What do you make of the evidence proferred by authority figures, some of which seemed to infer the ability of x-ray vision or the ability to bend light around corners, and the ability to hear soft sound from a material distance? What do you make of the attitude displayed towards Ms Cropp as against the attitude displayed by authorities towards high-profile male miscreants, such as urine-swapping jockeys and lying and cheating NZTR representatives in regard to Horse of the Year honours, a matter of great financial import?

Yours is a high horse...please take care when dismounting.as I deeply value your contribution to this Forum.

All the best.

Ashoka