RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

No Melbourne Cup Special Round

OK IF and only if we get most meaning more than 95% of entrants posting then we will have a special Melbourne Cup round... it will run like this...

Pick two horses in the MC to run the quinella...only if they run the quinella do you get any points....... I think this is hard enough it is unlikely many will score so it is not really going to alter the comp too much but it is a bit of fun....BUT more than 95% of those eligible in the comp must post or it is not fair to those who may miss it.. Is that OK with everyone... it is really a bonus fun round.

Scooby.

I support scooby3051's idea and will support what scooby3051 finally decides to do.

My rationale is as follows:

• scooby3051 provides the opportunity's available on and through this Forum
  • the entry fee to this competition, in my mind, is a minimal contribution to the sustaining of this Forum
  • scooby3051 set up this competition and the flexibility inherent in his running of his competition was apparent right from the start...in other words, before anybody paid up and entered
  • I am enjoying competing in this competition and the associated banter i find interesting and informative
  • I look forward to further competitions and we are all learning alot about the running of such through this experience

Cheers.

Ashoka

No there will be no Mel Cup round this week as all may not get the chance to know about it and it is not fair if everyone does not compete... lets just leave it for now and catch the comp up again next weekend as planned.... Cheers all.

I have already made sure there is a $1,000 up for the current comp we are about $200 short on the amount of entries we had... so not keen to run another comp right now... sorry guys.

Scooby.

Come on man, everyone is only a pm away, most know the Cup is on Tuesday.   

and it won't cost you any extra having a 3 race continuation of the competition.  

Granted some of the other races at Flemington are rubbish, but you should able to pick a couple races from there/Auckland or dare we say Otagooooooo.

Thought this was the whole idea of a Spring racing carnival competition, Big 3 early, various others, then CC, Cox and Melbourne Cup, finishing with the NZ Cup carnival .......... :)

Come on man, everyone is only a pm away, most know the Cup is on Tuesday.

and it won't cost you any extra having a 3 race continuation of the competition.

Granted some of the other races at Flemington are rubbish, but you should able to pick a couple races from there/Auckland or dare we say Otagooooooo.

Thought this was the whole idea of a Spring racing carnival competition, Big 3 early, various others, then CC, Cox and Melbourne Cup, finishing with the NZ Cup carnival .......... :)

Leigh has made the call and he is the boss.

eh ?

Most rallied against the quinella b/s , not a 3 race continuation

and I have only seen a few bleat at all !

Hesi was in full support of a MC day, 3 race continuation, of the competition !

To not have the biggest race of spring in a SPRING Competition is an absolute joke ... :rolleyes:

maybe I will send a pm to every one (take all of two minutes) to find out what they really want,  ...  B)

eh ?

Most rallied against the quinella b/s , not a 3 race continuation

and I have only seen a few bleat at all !

Hesi was in full support of a MC day, 3 race continuation, of the competition !

To not have the biggest race of spring in a SPRING Competition is an absolute joke ... :rolleyes:

maybe I will send a pm to every one (take all of two minutes) to find out what they really want, instead of a couple of tan noses ...  B)

It was never included in the comp... which part of N O do you not understand????

You looked at the rules of the comp from the start it was never included... why did you not say it was a joke way back then?????

Hasn't RK just come back from a stint in the sin bin maybe he needs an early shower again? He is just a shit stirrer. What is emailing everyone going to ??? Not change the decision thats for sure.!!!!

Hmmm, two minutes personal messaging everybody will actually have got a true reflection of how people feel  ...

and I am fairly sure we would have a MC comp running  ...

It was never included in the comp... which part of N O do you not understand????

You looked at the rules of the comp from the start it was never included... why did you not say it was a joke way back then?????

because I could not believe or see that you would NOT have the biggest race of spring included ?

RK... end of story ok NO MC round it was not announced at the start of the comp so it is not on now... OK... If you are so keen to have a MC comp please feel free to put up the dosh... if not do not say another thing about my decision... You really know how to rub people up the wrong way.