RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rollyb

Interesting rumour

Well that is interesting. Along with stewart Cunningham (accountant) stu cashen (racing manager although I think he retired), craig neil (racing manager). Thats all in a reasonably short time. Maybe it is unhappy environment

Maybe it's tougher than we all think it is to upload video replays to YouTube in a timely manner.

I'd sure like to have a look at the Cambridge race meet from Thursday prior to punting on the Auckland meet on Sunday, as so many dogs generally run in both meets. Surely within the 24 to 48 hours suggested by their website, the Cambridge meet will be available in the next few hours to do so.

Lining up the mouse cursor over the upload button & having to left click all at the same time can be quite challenging. I luckily was able to managed the difficult task in posting to this thread but had the distinct advantage that my target button said "Add Reply" not "Upload" which has fewer letters and would probably be a smaller button.

Get of your high horse yankiwi.

Id like to see you have something positive to say for once.

Youve taken a topic thread and turned into you having a bitch about something... AGAIN!!!

You want office staff to work on a saturday for your high needs for punting.

Maybe record your races? Or find a mate to recordfor you and watch them today.

Another intellectual post from the man himself yankiwi

Youve taken a topic thread and turned into you having a bitch about something... AGAIN!!!

Geez you come across pathetic sometimes... I think YOU need to get off your high horse

Just out of curiosity, do you think it's acceptable for race replays to be uploaded 7-10 days after a meeting has been run? Personally if a dog ran on Thursday and is in again on Sunday and I can't watch the replay then I just won't bet. Maybe you should go and look at how the GRV implement there race replays, they're normally uploaded to youtube within an hour of the last race ( and you don't have to load a 15 minute youtube video ) it's no coincidence GRV is leading the way 'worldwide' when it comes to greyhound racing.

No. I dont think its acceptable. But thursday only leaves friday to upload and i think its provided by the tab. So if theyre slow nzgra cant upload.

But the way it was posted is what gets my blood boiling. Talking about people leaving and saying their job is so simple undermines the office staff who most work hard and do alot for the running of this industry

No. I dont think its acceptable. But thursday only leaves friday to upload and i think its provided by the tab. So if theyre slow nzgra cant upload.

But the way it was posted is what gets my blood boiling. Talking about people leaving and saying their job is so simple undermines the office staff who most work hard and do alot for the running of this industry

In my opinion it all comes back to the 'top dog' of NZGRA in Jim Leach, every time I've seen this guy on TV or on radio, he seems so far out of his depth when it comes to running an industry such as NZGRA which needs strong leadership to grow, and personally I think he's still stuck in the 1990's but that's just my opinion, as a punter. The industry need's some youth and innovation in its head office because as others have alluded to the 'culture' of head office seems to be rather low.

It would appear that many in greyhound racing are happy to tolerate a performance from those running the greyhound code that is manifestly sub-standard when compared with the running of the other codes...and in the case of the thoroughbred code, this is really saying something, in my opinion.

Take a look at the harness racing website...and weep.

The quality of the harness racing website was available for replication by the greyhound code but those in charge of the greyhound code went a different way and the results are plain to see.

Staff need to be employed on contracts that allow them to serve the needs of the stakeholders. In greyhound racing, the stakeholders provide what is, in fact, a sinecure for those employed.

My guess is that this is the price of retaining staff that keep quiet about what actually goes on behind the scenes.

Cheers.

Ashoka

I've always found it best to attack the subject, not the person. Maturity does tend to shine though. (Is this a positive enough statement for you mmmyb?)

Isn't debate on issues that effect the greyhound industry what the forum is for in the first place?

Shouldn't the GRNZ be held to account for the upload of videos which they claim will be done in 24 to 48 hours? If they were trying to sell you a product, it'd be false advertisement when undone after a week wouldn't it?

At the end of the day, if you don't like what I have to say, then simply block my posts. It's pretty simple. Your bullying technique isn't going to stop me from posting.

Not a bullying tactic to get you to stop posting.

Just when you start complaining you make the targets (in this case office staff) inferior to you.

I know theyve had a lot of trouble since keith left as his knowledge was 2nd to none.

Happy for you to complain and have your say, but i didnt like the way you sounded above, hence the harsh reply