RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jasonmccook1

New Zealand Cup Heats

Well what a night of heats tonight. Dream Collector just WOW. I think I have the semi-finalists below but I could be wrong. Jape will correct me if I am wrong

Jawlaa
Varga Frost
Botany Kevin
Opawa Stretch
Trust Issues
Elephant Gunn
Thrilling Butcher
Opawa Webby
Jinjarango
Jibberjabba Jewel
Know Ambition
Dyna Filbert
Kilchurn
Stolen Money
Royal Runner
Cawbourne Witch
Blitzing Mayhem
Lunar Tom
Opawa Rosie
Flying Swan
Dream Collector
Botany Blake
Karen's Magic
Lochivar Rossi
Night Pearl
Murtaugh
Invidious
Opawa Zara
Opawa Karen            
Fast Archer
Opawa Tom 
Roqette  

Reserves  

Opawa Amy 31.16
Cawbourne Phillip 31.23
My Sqizzy 31.47

cup heats.txt

I was a tad dissapointed with the heats, might as well write faheys name on the trophy now because nothing else i saw race last night will get within 2 lengths of dream collector

Blitzing Mayhem big chance if Dream Collector strikes traffic problems. But must say its unlikely as Dream Collector has such good track sense. He's a real thinking dog in his races, and that combined with his strength and speed, makes him almost impossible to beat. He reminds me of Swift Fantasy, in that both been back runners with an uncanny ability to pick their way through a field.

How farcical!!!  A losing dog finishes in the 2nd half of the field in 5th place,  yet still qualifies for the semis. Isn't the NZ Cup supposed to be a Group 1?

3 quality semis with extra prize money re-distributed from the "4th semi" should have been the go.  I can see one of these inferior 5ths causing the interference which knocks Dream Collector out of the NZ Cup final!

The only difference is dream collector is actually beating good dogs and is running times

Jake, what are you trying to say about the remaining dogs in the series - that they are not beating good dogs and running time ?

The stats to date show Blitzing Mayhem and Dream Collector have met on 3 occasions with BM holding 2-1 advantage over DC

DC is going to be awfully hard to beat on him home track but myself along with every other owner / trainer with a dog in the semi finals are not going to quit because there is a challenger - I cant wait for the semi's and final (if we make it through with BM)

I thought the fields were not as strong as previous years (no disrespect for connections).

BM, jinjarango and maybe fast archer (who will have to lead after watching last nights run) are the only other dogs in the race if DC gets into trouble

Ill probably be proved wrong now after making a statement like this

They need to stop allowing lower grade dogs into these races as they only cause trouble for the dogs that should be in it

What i love about punting when DC is racing is he is just so dam good, with a massive turn of foot, but he will get beaten now and then due to his poor starts.

His middle sections and run homes are phenomenal. His litter mates can stay, so he may even be a dog for a crack at the collar!

I hope he stands at stud here, talks cheap is a decent sire, and this animal is the fastest dog ive seen for a while, outstanding acceleration and just makes top dogs look ordinary, you just dont break 30 at addington coming from behind the pack....he is unreal.

If you run a 3 week series (NZ Cup, Auckland Cup etc) then you dont get a choice other than letting low grade dogs into the heats as there is not enough C4/C5 chasers to make up 8 heats as required

The clubs should amend the races to either 4 heats with 1st and 2nd progress or 8 heats with winners into the final

A 3 week series where you can run 5th and get through seems pointless and I think most owner and trainers would agree

What are thoughts on having preludes like the Melbourne cup. Or a few races in the months prior that guarantee a start in semi''s. And group one winners can go straight to semis?

I think there was less heats due to the fact dream collector looks nearly unbeatable, also fast archer was flying before heats. Which makes it very tough for north island trainers, who have little to no track knowledge. So could seem a waste of time and money to venture down for it. Last years cup consisted of 2 other big trainers who were noticeably missing, in Lisa Ahern and Denis Schofield. With these 2 trainers missing of course they would struggle for 8 top quality heats.

Blitzing Mahem is the King of racing in NZ at present and a dog I would glass as a true champion, He runs time at every track in the country, both one turn and two turn tracks, He has beaten every class dog in the country on nearly every track and also is a true blue NZ bred. His blistering early speed puts him in the box seat every time. He is the Pinnacle when it comes to a greyhound. This Nz cup is one of the hardest to win with 3 races to decide and having all comers allowed to nominate, who ever wins it, no one can say they don't deserve it as a true champion can over come any adversary and win from any box number, should Blitzing Mahem be three clear on the turn the cup will be his, should Dream Collector be parked on his heals turning for home then it is his, exciting times, good luck to all and watch for the Crouch he is comming to Chellenor all cheers

I  just hope the stipes are doing stringent drug testing leading up to the NZ Cup, a couple of years ago in the South Island Champs we had a positive swab from the winner and JT Mc Innerney got a slap on the hand, and lost the race

we have had some high profile trainers (G Bate) receiving some good penalties in Australia and we need to rid the sport of cheats

Linda Britton has just received a positive in Australia also, it is becoming a farce

Nothing to do with that Mate, Ill give you my reasons for making that comment before

Royal Runner has never been able to compete at the elite level, blitzing mayhem has been a great dog the previous few months, but did not look at his best in the semis, fast archer needs to lead to win which i cannot see him doing, opawa tom is a young dog with alot to learn still, dream collector is by far the best in this field, although his wrist problem mentioned before

the semis is a bit of a worry, murtaugh is only a c2 dog, enough said there. kilchurn looks like a very nice dog, but again is still really young and inexperianed and the old boy, jinjarango, must be getting on now, it would be nice to see him finally pick up a nz cup (third time lucky) but like i said he is getting on now

Royal runner. Nz oaks winner

Blitzing mayhem. Multiple group 1 winner.

Fast archer. Has run almost as quick as dream collector and will take some stopping get if he gets clear down the back.

Opawa Tom. Agree young dog.

Dream collector. Enough said.

Murtagh. Has been running brilliantly in the series so far. And freeman did say in an interview that he has been trying to get this dog for a long time. So must be of high quality.

Kilchurn. Is the next big thing and ran the fastest semi. Can't count out his chances.

Jinjarango career best form and with Dave and Jean Fahey the mentors, he will be ready for the big one.

Can't say it's the weakest field at all. In fact I can only count out one. And that would be opawa Tom.