RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
final luca

trackside 1&2

again. today... switched from 1 to 2... I missed the reason why,

man this is getting confusing... make up your minds .. I know we are a captured audience but really, nothing has changed since day one, so why pretend it has and why threat the public as though they mean nothing... bring on another company that would have the little punters heart at interest,, tab trackside is becoming more than boring and a dead loss.

well aware of that... i'm not that simple as you would like to think.but come one dude smell the coffee. unless there is a major screw up on channel one, which they claim is for ALL nz racing why would they use channel 2? half way through adays racing..excuse the English. my guess it's all about $.. not looking after the punter..

I totally agree with you Final Luca, this is doing my head in, I don't want to miss any "local" nz racing while I am at work I have to check and double check what channel they are being played on, what a pain in the arse.

Can we not just dedicate one full race meeting to either one or two??? how simple must this be? I'm not bothered which channel eg today could Taranki not be dedicated to either channel you choose not bothered just kept it continuous and fluent so the punter can follow and watch. This two channel swapping around is just beyond any logical thinking. 

I am not elderly but my parents are and they are always complaining about "missing" races as they are on the wrong channel to where the race meeting started from, makes for very confused customer and annoyed because they have a missed particular race.

I thought the theory behind the two channels was/would be,  one dedicated to local and other to Aust. and other racing from around the world??????????????????????????

I agree this is painful. Yeah not the end of the world but still annoying. Do I have to record both channels all day on mysky if I want to watch one racemeeting at night,,,?

You also get the crazy situation of sitting in a pub tab yesterday when the second race was run at the NZ gallops meeting - and the screen showed a big graphic saying "coverage starts at 1pm" - or something to that effect - because it was on the wrong channel. Now that may be an operator error in the pub - but thats what you get,,,,,

What is the reason they change?

Is it because more Aussie racing is shown on both ?

It can only be that SKY want subscribers to get rid of that old $18 per month decoder and subscribe to mysky at $63 per month.

That guy that got the 'boot' was in charge when freeview was soldout to sky!

I have a decoder in another room, so I can watch trackside, I won over the family who could no longer bear me dashing from one room to another,changing tv sets when I only had freeview, and then when they did away with racing on that I raided the lounge tv set always when the good woman was watching some tear jerker... it was easier on the head to get a decoder $25, and I get movies etc as well.

but I can not for any measure of life understand the trackside advertising the fact that one channel would be for nz racing and the other for Australian and other.. and it was to be colour coded so everyone knew what channel was for what,

then they switch doing half a meeting on one and half on the other.. nothing anyone or trackside could convince me that they are doing whats good for the betting public... and yes it iseasy to change but these fellas pulled the string for change (freeview out only sky in) forcing the average punter to update to sky or basically give the game away cause were not playing by their rules or wishes.i did the resent tab survey and the questions they asked were onesided only to suit the tab..ask me face to face what I really think about trackside and the tab...you just might get a bit flushed in the face...someone needs to get their hands from out of their pants and it isn't me so think trackside/tab is what you are doing. GOOD FOR BUSINESS, GOOD FOR THE PUNTER?

L e opards don't & wont change there spots.

All the spin of making positive changes & improvements has been just that.

It's overdue to have a broom sweep out the old hands & habits & get some in who listen to there customers & look after there needs.

Without customers, the ones that run the show are without jobs...

Agree with others on this topic. Pain in the butt when they switch coverage from one channel to the other. Almost causing a divorce in this household because I'm sick of listening to his moaning every damn time it happens.

Other bug bear in this house is the way they switch direct from a thoroughbred race as soon as it finishes, and often even before places confirmed,  just so we can watch pot lickers do their business in the parade ring before they walk around to the start. Then they replay the pot licker race 2 or even 3 times, and then we watch them being caught and led back  before they switch back to gallops.  

On the plus side.....the do seem to be allowing videos of trials to be loaded more quickly of NZTR than previously.

Correct me if i,m wrong but yesterday seemed bloody good...Fielding/Tauranga/Sydney and Melbourne all well

covered... Barrier preload, post race interviews,...went pretty smoothly.

Was round at mates on Watch and Bet...Good Day.

What does annoy me is the newspaper...(Dominion) has expanded form for NZ racing and only 1

Oz meeting ...need the other main meeting also e.g Sydney.

Turf/best bets are like hens teeth...(comments please) 

Correct me if i,m wrong but yesterday seemed bloody good...Fielding/Tauranga/Sydney and Melbourne all well

covered... Barrier preload, post race interviews,...went pretty smoothly.

Was round at mates on Watch and Bet...Good Day.

What does annoy me is the newspaper...(Dominion) has expanded form for NZ racing and only 1

Oz meeting ...need the other main meeting also e.g Sydney.

Turf/best bets are like hens teeth...(comments please) 

"was round at a mates!'--obviously pissed Porky! We want the post-race at Melbourne--not Sweeney telling some trainer what happened in the race and them then repeating it! And then the jockey repeating what we just bloody saw.

Don't forget they stuffed up the Melbourne Cup live draw last night switching over to too late (had been advertising it all as on at 9pm.) Replayed it half an hour later.

In view of that, plus the channel switching I had to show you this classic piece put together by Tiger on Channel 2. Thanks Tiger brilliant!

PRESS RELEASE FROM NZRBBS

Wednesday 5th November

We are very pleased to announce an increase of 3% on our Melbourne Cup day turnover on last year.

This FANTASTIC increase can be attributed to our MARKETING IDEAS and our split channel coverage.

By advertising that we were going to show the Melbourne Cup draw live and then not doing so was a plan from our Marketing Department that got our customers locked in for the 3 days leading into the Great Race.

But the main reason for the FANTASTIC INCREASE (3%) was that by changing from Trackside 1 to Trackside 2 half way through the race we doubled the number of patrons who could watch the race live.

Due to the AMAZING SUCCESS of todays experiment we will continue to not show programmes that we promote and we will also continue to confuse our clients by changing channels during races.

As always we will not listen to any correspondence because we know best and we get paid not to listen.

Y I Earnplenty

Head of Good Ideas

NZRBBS