RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Thejanitor

ANTHONY BUTT MOVING TO AUSTRALIA?

Well I didn't know that my fave driver was looking at heading to Aussie for a while,tho not really surprised as they normally do take a team over their after cup week.And things have been pretty quiet for  Ants in the sulky over the last few months.With Ants looking to do that,if it's true...then it would probably give Kim Butt more opportunities,which won't be a bad thing.

Yea Thanesan certainly not the horse he was.Ants had a couple of drives for Brent Lilley last night.He was a close 2nd with one of them,then he won on a horse called Pretty Sunday later in the night for Brent Lilley.I see he has a couple of drives at Gunbower(I think) and one of them is Kvintent Avenger who Ants will  know well,and the horse has been flying since he's relocated to Brent Lilley's barn.Interesting to see that when Ants is in Oz,he's kinda subdued with his whip....doesn't normally take his hand off the reins,to give the horse a decent flick....I think in some parts of Oz they can't take their hands off the reins,but I thought they could in Victoria.

608 does seem a lot so would be interesting to get confirmation ... but if they are counting from as far back as the 1990's then he would have racked up a few..

Info from harnesslink:   races have included these which is a pretty decent CV for basing himself in Aussie and he is certainly well known  ....

Butt boasts a record seven A G Hunter Cups, having scored with Blossom Lady in 1994 and ’95, Mister D G 2004, Mr Feelgood ’09, Stunin Cullen ’11, Choise Achiever ’12 and Mah Sish in ’13.

Mister D G is a son of Blossom Lady.

Butt has also won the Ballarat Cup (Stunin Cullen 2011 and Mah Sish’13), Australian Grand Prix (Take A Moment 2002), Australasian Trotting Championship (Lyell Creek 2000 and ’01), Bill Collins Mile (Lyell Creek ’01, Take A Moment 2002 and ’03) V L Dullard Cup (Lyell Creek 2000 and ’01), Great Southern Star (Vulcan 2013) and the Moonee Valley Inter Dominion (Lyell Creek 2000)

Making the move across the Tasman to be stable driver to another former Kiwi – trainer Brent Lilley – Butt will be based on Melton.

But that's just the thing. Anthony has only really raced over there in the big races not the daily grind at the small tracks. No way he's won 600 over there.

First of all mr Evans, I generally fall on the side of bwd in you're little head to heads but surely you must be right on this front.

I raise this post on 2 fronts. Vulcan must have just about assured his millionaire status today (don't think he quite got there but 1 more 3rd or 4th means he will). Great effort given all those trotters that haven't and probably won't (the late sovereignty, stent, allegro aggitato(sic), David moss, diamond field, master lavros

Sorry, bloody phones - but any way, kudos Vulcan, never ever been a fan but the record books will not lie.

My top 2 fav trotters of all time plus the first harness horse I ever idolized ( blossom lady) came from this stable but seriously wtf has happened? Elusive chick good job - now a donkey, Madiba magic gone( and pretty much ruined), motu prince of nothing......

There's still enough money floating round behind them but after stunnin Cullen and mah sish where to now - has Tim and ants just given up?

I'm sure no. 1 cheerleader will have an excuse/opinion but when you look at the likes of r Dunn, g small, b Purdon and their comebacks/ reinventions then surely unless I end up with egg on my face in a years time. Regardless what are Tim and ants up 2?

Anyway, vale Vulcan

#1 Cheerleader? was that a reference to me?..probably.I actually wish that I knew the answers,but sadly I don't.I don't think that they have 'given up' I think after the run they've had over the last decade or so with all their class horses,i think in a way that it was inevitable that they would experience a lean run,which is what they are currently in.i think at the moment their best horse in the stable is probably Greenburn Creek,who has ability but is an enigma to say the least.I am a little bit out of touch with the game at the moment,not punting as often as I was.I am sure that the stable in time will get back to it's absolute best....when that will happen,well I have no idea.And it was probably a good move for Ants to try his luck over in Aussie,as their was really nothing happening here for him,and it's good to see him getting his share of success.

And as for Vulcan,i've been a fan for years,so I was pleased to see him do the job today and crack the million.Also good to see him take the passing lane with such gusto.Well done to Roddy Butt who is doing the bulk of the work with him on the beach,and well done also to Bob Butt who has clicked with him.