RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jape again

Above All

Not even anything on the NZGRA website about it, thought at the very least it was worthy of a mention considering it's the richest greyhound race in the world, thought it would be a great promotional tool, but I guess that's is just a reflection of the way things are headed and the complete lack of anyone with any sense left working for the association.

You look at the way it is promoted in Australia and the news feeds on Facebook and Twitter that come through and it really gets you excited, I'd be surprised if Jim Leach has even heard of he Melbourne Cup, let alone the fact there's a kiwi dog in it, quite sad really.

Not even anything on the NZGRA website about it, thought at the very least it was worthy of a mention considering it's the richest greyhound race in the world, thought it would be a great promotional tool, but I guess that's is just a reflection of the way things are headed and the complete lack of anyone with any sense left working for the association.

You look at the way it is promoted in Australia and the news feeds on Facebook and Twitter that come through and it really gets you excited, I'd be surprised if Jim Leach has even heard of he Melbourne Cup, let alone the fact there's a kiwi dog in it, quite sad really.

Or twitter or Facebook...!!

It baffles me that NZGRA fail to recognise social media, and attracting new, young people to the sport whether it be owner or solely as punters. Do they HONESTLY believe uploading an article to their OWN website is promoting the sport? You have to get outside your own industry to try grow, or else you'll have the same ole people continuously. Don't they pay someone as 'media man'? Or is that just Peter Fenemore ( who does a good job ) but hardly promotes the industry outside of the 2 main websites (thedogs/tab)

Best wishes to Alison and team-Above All and the appointment with destiny at 11.24 tonight.

The race, and Above All's involvement, got a lot of coverage on radio yesterday afternoon through Pete Fenemor who is over there for the big one.

This morning's Chch Press has a very good write-up from Pete and an unusual, attention-grabbing  photo. (This is separate from the racing section).

Made racing section of Timaru Herald which is rare. Actually had couple customers that know I race dogs talk about the big race. If the new show Dog Zone can sort a facebook page, GRNZ should be able to. I dont do twitter but on facebook follow both Victora & N.S.W. greyhound sites which i find quite good especially if they do a feature story. Good luck to Ali, Merv & Above All.

Well i'd be surprised if he can actually still hear!

Best wishes to Alison and team-Above All and the appointment with destiny at 11.24 tonight.

The race, and Above All's involvement, got a lot of coverage on radio yesterday afternoon through Pete Fenemor who is over there for the big one.

This morning's Chch Press has a very good write-up from Pete and an unusual, attention-grabbing  photo. (This is separate from the racing section).

That's great Jape, but the days of paper and radio are dwindling, social media is a much more widespread way of getting stuff out there and for promoting and advertising events such as the Melbourne Cup.

You have a look at the GRV website and facebook page, as well as the Sandown Facebook page and it makes us look like we are still in the dark ages.

I can't believe NZGRA doesn't at the very least have at least a Facebook page, it's the way all younger ( and a lot of the 'not so younger') people communicate and are made aware of things going on nowadays and the NZ greyhound scene is just getting left behind.

A good run, looked like he was wanting to get off the fence most of the way but got no real room, a big run under the circumstances, just a lack of experience probably cost him 3rd, he has a big future alright.

They made the right decision in sending him over there, the track and the racing over the ditch is in a diffrent league to the joke they call NZ racing, looks an amazing night.

Great effort,how proud would you be to have a dog in a race like that,sorry to say I only heard peter fenemores report,nothing else.This should have been a Greyhound great time,well done Ali

My word. WHAT A RUN. Absolutely brilliant to watch, may not have been the strongest heat but he's got a motor and a half doesn't he. Outstanding!'

I take it he won. What did he draw, and how did he do it?. Any chance of a link to the race. Thanks in anticipation.

I take it he won. What did he draw, and how did he do it?. Any chance of a link to the race. Thanks in anticipation.

No replays yet mate, jumped from box 4, clear length last from the jump, copped a bit of interference, showed unreal acceleration and strength to pick the leading dogs up and put them away by a few lengths the last 50. ( based on my 1 look at the run live ;-) ). Looks like connections will be having a lot of fun around the big $ one turn country cups they have in Australia. Will post in here if I see a replay uploaded anywhere. You will love this run John.

Another Above All special.

As the commentator said, "A run and a half!"

It is difficult to know from this distance how strong the opposition were but they were no match for Alison and Merv's pride and joy.

Will he ever learn to jump with them? Or is that his racing style for ever? 

Super second-phase acceleration.

Replay will be up on tasracing.com.au sometime this morning Australian time apparently. I can't seem to load the replay site on an IPhone. I'm not sure if they upload to youtube or not but if someone finds and and could post it for me that'd be awesome.