RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

How much better are Japanese/UK/European Trainers?

Rising Romance/Lucia Valentina close 2nd and 3rd in CC and Silent Achiever beaten a whisker and was 2nd in one more stride in CP. NZ bred in better condition for stayers than Oz. But training methods? The Japanese really know their stuff re Trsining a Stayers. It's a pity that Deep whatshisname returned a positive for his Arc effort. I was there that year and Paris was full of Japanese supporters! Rail Link spoiled their party - as did the drug testers ! But they are Master Trainers!

Trump asked "How much better are the UK/European/Japan TRAINERS"?

The answer is in the results - the recent running of the Major staying races in Australia!

The Australian trainers have their share of European Bred stayers in their stables nowadays BUT still the raiders DO come and win these races! :huh:  

Spot on Michael.Most of the stallions we are importing these days have never won beyond 1600 m.Hard to see any of them siring good middle distance horses let alone 3200 m. winners.

Rising Romance/Lucia Valentina close 2nd and 3rd in CC and Silent Achiever beaten a whisker and was 2nd in one more stride in CP. NZ bred in better condition for stayers than Oz. But training methods? The Japanese really know their stuff re Trsining a Stayers. It's a pity that Deep whatshisname returned a positive for his Arc effort. I was there that year and Paris was full of Japanese supporters! Rail Link spoiled their party - as did the drug testers ! But they are Master Trainers!

Ive watched the replays of That race and Deep Impact appeared to me to be below his best and struggling. The drug they used was one that opens airways.

I wondered if the horse was given the drug because he was already off?

If you watch a few of his races you see a horse that should be a legend to rival any of histories greats