RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rambling_Kidd

World Cup 2015

really, I just can't get tickets for the home team matches. Other 3 games in Chch have tickets available, West Indies v Pakistan is my pick for the non-NZ games here. Scotland v England might get a good crowd too.

Looking forward to this event. I expect  hometown advantage should get both the Aussies and ourselves through to the semi's.India and SA possibly for the other 2 spots.

Couple of early 2015 brickbats......

Warner's sledging.....what an idiot. Made a fool of himself in his latest tirade. I suppose he thinks he has the right to sledge especially whilst he is at the top of his game. Shame.....heaps of talent but that big mouth of his will catch up with him one day.

Sky TV NZ....... no golf as promised. Miss it already......can't really see the point in continuing subscription to be honest. Might look at a competitor (if there is one)I suppose.

someone here some time ago described warner as a shooting star :lol: funniest tag ever.

BUT he is certainly a goo$e of the highest order, another in the production line that australian cricket churns out year after year.

why can't someone introduce these IDOITS to pat rafter, rafael nadal, stephen fleming :o or paul gallen so they understand good behavior and sportsmanship is very important.

maybe it's just the convict dna in ALL australians, no?

with his earnings he has gone from the basement to the penthouse pity his standards havent.

The winner will come from SA, Aus or NZ.

Write off the rest.

SA in top form, have the two best ODI batsmen in the world and a world class bowling unit but can they overcome the choke factor?

An Aus win on home soil wouldn't surprise and the Kiwis are looking dangerous. Can they string together enough wins to go all the way though?

Not an impressive performance against the Rolled Oats.     Some who should know better appeared to have slipped back into their old habits.     Can only hope this is that proverbial wake up call.

Big match tomorrow - Afghans against the Deshis.

I was at the Cake Tin on Friday. What a game, what an atmosphere. One that will live on in my mind. Never had a chance to get lost in the queue for beer and food as there was no opportunity to leave the action. Got home for Dinner.

Just going over New Zealand's likely opponents further into the tournament now they have beaten Australia and virtually guaranteed finishing top of group A ahead of Australia in second place.

Kiwi's quarter final will be quarter final 1 played in Sydney against fourth in group B. At this point that will be either Ireland,Zimbabwe,West Indies or Pakistan. Based on everything I've seen NZ are now virtually assured of being in the semi final as none of those four teams can beat NZ at this time.

So who will NZ play in their semi final? They will play the winner of quarter final 3. That is third in group A v second in group B.

Who will finish third in group A? Only two possibilities. Sri Lanka or England. Who will finish second in group B? Only two possibilities. India or South Africa. Based on what I've seen the winner of that quarter final will be either India or South Africa.

NZ's semi final will be against either India or South Africa at Eden Park.  Both India and South Africa looking more and more dangerous as the tournament progresses. India are the current world cup holders in excellent form and South Africa have some very dangerous match winners. Who would you prefer NZ to play?

If they win that match they will play in the final at the MCG against who?

Australia will play their quarter final against either Ireland,Zimbabwe,West Indies or Pakistan. Based on everything I've seen Australia are now virtually assured of being in the semi final as none of those four teams can beat Australia at this time.

Australia's semi final will be against either India or South Africa as third in Group A can't beat South Africa or India at this time in their quarter final.

So if NZ make it to the World Cup final that match will be V either Australia,South Africa or India at the MCG.  In my opinion NZ need to avoid playing Australia in the final as they will lose that match. It will be on the Aussies home ground. They will be desperate for revenge against the Kiwi's. Very rare for the top Australian batsmen to fail twice against the kiwi's. The Australian bowlers made some of the kiwi batsmen look like school boys. Ross Taylor a weak link at this time and Grant Elliot looked hopeless at the crease. While McCullum was batting NZ looked like they could reach 350. As soon as he parted we looked extremely fortunate to reach 150. Australia may just have McCullum's number now.  If the final is NZ V Australia then I give the kiwi's no hope of winning the cup. This is the best NZ cricket team I've ever seen but it's a different ball game playing a brilliant side like Australia at home than playing a woefully out of form England or Pakistan and Sri Lanka clearly missing their best bowler who normally torments the Kiwi batsmen.  One is like climbing Mt Eden. The other like Mt Everest.

I hate to say it but I fear NZ's final was probably that match yesterday. They scrapped home and Australia will improve considerably. Hope I'm wrong.

The only hope the kiwi's have of winning the world cup is if they are playing India or South Africa in the final. 

NZ now play Afghanistan and Bangladesh in their last two pool play games. Facing the batsmen and bowling attacks of both those teams is exactly what the kiwi's don't need prior to playing their extremely challenging semi final and potentially the final. That's akin to the All Blacks final lead up game to playing South Africa in the Rugby World Cup final being against Kenya. 

The only way those two matches will help the kiwi's is if they can score 400+ runs on the back of two huge innings from Elliot and Taylor after resting McCullum. Obviously NZ will need to bat first to do that as the kiwi bowlers will need to knock those teams over for less than 100 runs.

NZ's odds of winning the world cup shortened after yesterdays win. That match was the most exciting game I've ever been to. Having said that I can make a case for lengthening the odds of the kiwi's now winning the cup.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-series/2223/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/matches

Are NZ hugely disadvantaged by the timing of the upcoming matches?

They play the last quarter final on Saturday against the West Indies. The other quarters are played before them on Wednesday,Thursday and Friday. If NZ win their quarter they will play the first semi final on Tuesday against the winner of the first quarter final that is being played on Wednesday. That team gets six days to recover from what may be a grueling match. NZ only get two days to recover. Any kiwi players that pick up an injury in their quarter will have next to no time to get it sorted prior to what will be the most important match of the career up till now. 

I think the fairest way of doing it would be the last two quarter finalists to play should play in the last semi final. That way the recovery time is the same for all teams. God only knows what will happen if it rains on Saturday and NZ can't play their quarter till Sunday.

Seems madness to have all the time in the world during the tournament which I feel has gone on for a long time now only to have it all finish in a hurry when that's the very time things need to well spaced.

What a game!

The BC's are one hell of a side and McCullum has instilled them with such mental toughness.

The naysayers keep saying they'll come unstuck and that SA would be too good for them but the Kiwis keep coming strong even when they're under the pump.

Bring on Sunday!