RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Azkadellia

Turn it up Gubellini!!!  :rolleyes: 

The ride was an absolute shocker.

I never had a bet in the race so I'm not talking through my pocket although I suspect those that did back the filly are spitting tacks.

She was poorly placed last on the inner in the running and still there turning in, one of the worst places to be on a course like Caulfield. She tried to come out wider and look for a run but found nowhere to go. Switched back to the inner the filly storms home and is beaten a neck. She was positioned in such a spot that she was always going to need luck to get a run. Michelle should have taken that out of the equation. Even with a clear run out wide she would have won.

I'm sure if one knows where the fillies name comes from, those that did back her will be calling Michelle Payne by the same name after that ride.   :D

Thanks rdytdy!Shinko Kings are notorious bad barrier horses.Michelle did the right thing by dropping her out early to get her breathing properly and relaxed.I won't be surprised if they change the jockey next start and race her handier next start.If they do this I will not be surprised if she is beaten again.Like you I did not have a bet but watched her closely to take notes.Lovely filly!

Reilly M I suggest you watch a replay of the race.Michelle had a gap halfway up the straight but I'm A Flying Star was running around badly and Michelle was forced to change ground to the inner.This caused her to loose momentum at a critical stage of the race and Sea Spray kicked too well.

Michelle has had some great rides but she's erred on plenty - I know because she has erred on one of mine. She did the right thing at the start yesterday but erred in not going to the outside on the turn and giving her horse clear running - especially as it was bolting on the turn. Be interesting to see if she keeps the ride.

I'm with gubey on this one,there wasn't a great deal she could of done,she goes via the cape and gets beat it looks worse, those on course at Avondale that day (July 23rd) were treated,she looked superb in the birdcage and you were tearing your tickets up and heading home at the 600.huge. Keep Michelle on to win at flemington

Well, the ride was shown on Weigh In tonight and rounded slated by all three.

Butch Castles quoted Bruce Clark who must have commented on it. "I've seen a lot of poor jobs but this was Hall Of Fame."

Paul Shailer said that Michelle is a good rider but that ride was unforgiveable, it was horrible.

Was the ride discussed on OZ Retro?

Well, the ride was shown on Weigh In tonight and rounded slated by all three.

Butch Castles quoted Bruce Clark who must have commented on it. "I've seen a lot of poor jobs but this was Hall Of Fame."

Paul Shailer said that Michelle is a good rider but that ride was unforgiveable, it was horrible.

Was the ride discussed on OZ Retro?

Yup, Freedman had her in his Kennel, pretty much said it was an absolute butcher job... I got $3.60 for her on Wednesday in aus, and I'm still feeling sick about the ride.

Reilly M thanks for letting us know what I suspected.You backed her!I am in the diminishing minority of those supporting Michelle.So be it.Get on the filly at her next start by all means.I suspect the following scenario.New rider boots her out of the gates.She doesn't get into a regular breathing pattern'/overaces badly and just misses again.Time will tell!

It sounds like the majority backed her gube,if I had I'd be disappointed no doubt,clearly the best horse but from the head on view little she could of done from the position she was in which suited her racing pattern. Hall of fame? That must be one huge building :) ...the centrepieces Shane dye veandercross and Gavin Mckeon 2009 Avondale cup ginga dude ;)

Maybe Gruff, but The late Roy Higgins, a great rider, would have a private suite at the HOF named after him - just for his Moonee Valley Cup loss on Hyperno! Midge Didham dined out on that one for years whilst The Professor got 6 months for his effort (or lack of!).

Thanks Gruff.I appreciate your support!I am constantly bemused by punters bagging jockeys.When they back a winner courtesy of a perceived poor ride by another jockey do they bag that hapless jockey? I think not!I note that most of Michelle's baggers have overseas accounts.I have shares in five horses at present.That number will increase after the next round of the Karaka Yearling Sales.Because of their betting choices my horses will probably be racing soon for even less than the derisory $7,000 they currently go round for.Thanks guys!

Thanks Gruff.I appreciate your support!I am constantly bemused by punters bagging jockeys.When they back a winner courtesy of a perceived poor ride by another jockey do they bag that hapless jockey? I think not!I note that most of Michelle's baggers have overseas accounts.I have shares in five horses at present.That number will increase after the next round of the Karaka Yearling Sales.Because of their betting choices my horses will probably be racing soon for even less than the derisory $7,000 they currently go round for.Thanks guys!

Lol... If I can get $3.60 about a horse I think is value, wouldn't it be rather stupid to wait till Friday for the NZ tab to put up their odds ($2.5) ?? It's about offering a competitive product, I'm a punter, I punt to make money and get the best price i can, if I can't get that locally then so be it.