RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Opo

Woodburner police for Auckland?

Woodburner police for Auckland?

The Environment Ministry has fixed its death stare on Auckland and a ban on domestic open fireplaces and old wood burners affecting 85,000 homes looms.

A report in the New Zealand Herald yesterday, or should I say a press release from the Auckland Council reproduced in the Herald, breathlessly asserts that 75 per cent of Auckland's winter air pollution is due to fine particle emissions (PM10) from open fires and non- compliant wood burners.

Noting that motor vehicles account for 18 per cent of pollution, and industry 7 per cent, “the burning of coal and wood during winter raised the level of PM10 inhaled and lodged in lungs, and that 110 adults died prematurely every year due to emissions from indoor fires.

Hang on, did it say “110 adults died prematurely every year due to emissions from indoor fires”?

I checked this out last year by sending in a request to the Minister of Health under the Official Information Act seeking all advice received on PM10 from fires and woodburners along with full details of the numbers of respiratory illness deaths resulting from PM10.

The reply was that the Health Ministry cannot identify whether a death was caused by exposure to PM10. There is no evidence of any death whatsoever resulting from PM10 in New Zealand at any time

This means that......

Continue reading Mike Butler's interesting blog here > http://breakingviewsnz.blogspot.co.nz/2014/10/mike-butler-woodburner-police-for.html

they are out lawing kai coal down southland way.. cheaper than the other stuff..  and will cause a lot of people to be cold, or go for the dearer options...I think these councils are share holders in the companies or products they are pushing for...next you'll need a council permit to have sex at night between the  hours of 8pm til 8am.....

One has to question if this is all tied in with Len Brown & Co shunting his 'shanty town unitary plan' into Aucklanders lives.

All dumb and dumber & typical short-sightness.

We are quite sure there are more pollutants ourtside & within Auckland hospital, including staff that smoke on the pavement.

Editorial: Elderly, poor hardest hit by draconian council ban

5:00 AM Thursday Oct 23, 2014 72 comments

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11346758

Ban on 64,000 Auckland woodburners In a bid to clean up Auckland's air the council has banned open fireplaces and old woodburners in over 80,000 households.

21 October 2014

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=195780&cat=978&fm=newsmain%2Cnarts

Over 80,000 Auckland households will be forced to get rid of their open fireplaces and old woodburners as the council battles to fix the city's worsening air pollution.

Auckland Council's regulatory and bylaws committee adopted an Air Quality Bylaw on Tuesday which aims to bring the city's air quality standards up to scratch.

Since when has Auckland had worsening air pollution? I haven't noticed it. The only time there is ever any smog is when the wind doesn't blow for several days. The rest of the time the prevailing winds that sweep across the Auckland isthmus carry anything in the air far off into the Pacific.

$20k a pop for fines is one very quick way to ensure the overpaid continue to get overpaid.

There have been some very good letters to the local newspapers in regards to this matter.

We would never have been subjected to this ongoing nonsense under the local borough Councils pre amalgamation when we had Onehunga, Mt Albert, Newmarket etc wards.

Now that's going back over 20 years ago when we had those.

Maybe there's an old bylaw that the current council are unable to change in regards to future property developments so they are taking the backdoor route to control.

One would expect there to be existing bylaws in place relating to how far from ones neighbours boundary a person could build where a fireplace was or is going to be installed in a home & if that is the case it would impact on any Unitary Plan succeeding in been passed.

Sometimes one needs to look outside the square to get to the real motive of these imbeciles that run our services.

gore had a meeting the other night with locals and the council and environment southland, they are doing much the same as Auckland, and on radio the other day was bannerman lawyers , asking people to put in submissions, open fires to be banned,and kai coal to be outlawed from janurary 2015,

yet as the lawyer said. the real problem with kai coal is the sulspur smell. the pm's are okay, and some of the coals that inviro southland want people to use are actually bad for the inviroment compared to kai coal, except fot the smell, it is cleaner burning and gives out more heat and costs a lot less.

it seems this is a nation wide attack on heating with councils dictating what they want in place not what is good for business,the people or the invironment,seems they have a vested interest in new heating products...

now i'm not saying the councils are corrupt but I will say if the boot fits wear it.at present I pay $7 for a 20k bag of kai coal, the warehouse has a sulphur free coal that costs around $17 to $18 a 20k bag and doesn't throw out as much heat/warmth.

I feel next they will be deciding what type of firewood can and should be used in log fires..i use old man pine cause it is cheaper, and I fine it does what I want it to do and it dries out quicker than most other woods.

council and invironment southland have GOT to listen to people power...

Lies, lies and more lies .....

and yeah never really been a smog type problem in Auckland ...

My guess is this is being led by the owners and shareholders of those b/s heat-pump manufacturers.  

Now there's a racket ..... ;)

and you notice how they drop in, that they will require neighbours to nark on each other for this to work .....    Stazi uh ...

We understand the latest is this has been ' adjourned' until May 2015.

Maybe certain parts & homes/ offices/ businesses in Auckland need a few more major electricity disruptions to give the idiots that concoct up these dopey bylaws to give them a major wakeup call or three.

Would be entertaining to hear of a few of them been stuck in lifts that weren't working, or behind there electric operated gates on a freezing cold night or early morning.

GOVT FABRICATING DEATHS IN WOODBURNER SCARE TACTICS

The Auckland Council is campaigning to ban domestic open fireplaces and old wood burners by claiming that such fires result in the premature deaths of 110 persons every year even though evidence for such deaths does not exist.

The Auckland Council was due to approve draft rules on Thursday last week for public consultation this month, but voted to defer the matter until February. The mayor’s office was believed to be behind the move to defer the air-quality bylaw after widespread criticism. (1)

A report in the New Zealand Herald earlier this month breathlessly asserted that 75 per cent of Auckland’s winter air pollution is due to fine particle emissions less than 10 microns in diameter (PM10) from open fires and non-compliant wood burners. The ban would affect 85,000 homes. (2)

Noting that motor vehicles account for 18 per cent of pollution, and industry 7 per cent, “the burning of coal and wood during winter raised the level of PM10 inhaled and lodged in lungs, and that 110 adults died prematurely every year due to emissions from indoor fires”.

But a simple request to the Ministry of Health under the Official Information Act in April of this year brought a response that “we cannot identify whether a death was caused by exposure to PM10”. In other words, there is no evidence PM10 has caused any deaths at any time in New Zealand......

Continue reading Mike Butler's rort exposing NZCPR guestpiece here > http://www.nzcpr.com/govt-fabricating-deaths-in-woodburner-scare-tactics/#more-13411

HOME FIRE SCAREMONGERING

The Green Party had a significant impact on government regulation and legislation during the nine years Helen Clark was Prime Minister. Many radical environmental initiatives were introduced by Labour as a result of their influence and while some were eventually dropped or terminated by the National Government, others, like the ban on household fires and older wood burners, remain in place.

The Sustainable Development for New Zealand Programme of Action, launched by then Minister of the Environment, Marion Hobbs, in 2003 was one of the main catalysts for action. The document explains, “Sustainable development was brought to international attention by Agenda 21 and the Rio Earth Summit, which focused on the pressures that will need to be resolved if the environment, the economy and communities are to flourish in the 21st century. At a global level and here in New Zealand, we need innovative solutions for the complex issues we face.”.....

Continue reading Dr Muriel Newman's latest NZCPR newsletter here > http://www.nzcpr.com/home-fire-scaremongering/#more-13417

I would put money on it  more people die from fires  from something left cooking on stove tops

than that fron coal/wood burners.

or is the adds they have on tv wrong in that regard?

it is an attempt by council to  force  the people into  what they believe  very much like religion

OUR WAY IS BEST OR OUR WAY IS THE ONLY WAY  attitude

not so..

proof is in the eating. council has not come up with anything that backs up their side of this debate.

very much like central government.. what we say is the way it is going to happen so sollow your chill pill and let us move on...

people have a right to voice there opinions and debate  facts..

I suggest some pee brain got a dumb idea in his her head and ran with it and took along all the dickshits in council and government departments with them...(tooooooooooo many female put the bitches back in the kitchen)

I will enjoy running my cheap wood and kai coal in my woodburner. I know I don't smoke my neighbours out unlike some of them

council and environment southland... can take a leap... i'll be attending every  woodburner meeting and will make a stand

against there every move.