RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
johnnybooy

Triple Trio TAB

To TAB

Do you really want us to start supporting your  turnover when every Triple trio  during the Dogs you are  starting the pool off at 10K, last  week  on Thursday  4k of that had jack-potted, but still this week it is 10K

Go to the Gallops and they are starting quaddie pools at 40K and 60k midweek

sorry but 10k for a starting pool for triple trio is a bit of a joke, 

does not entice me at all

Don't mean to sound like a smartarse but yesterday's TT was my only bet all week. $30 for $517. Couldn't see Inspector Spot, Bump, Hetfield and Mr Whippy not placing so it was just a matter of putting a few in around them. Even if put the field in each leg it would only cost $50. I know it doesn't always go to plan but I really believe the TT is ideal for dog races with only 8 runners. You can usually pick one out in each race you're confident will place and you can put the field in with it if you have to.

Don't mean to sound like a smartarse but yesterday's TT was my only bet all week. $30 for $517. Couldn't see Inspector Spot, Bump, Hetfield and Mr Whippy not placing so it was just a matter of putting a few in around them. Even if put the field in each leg it would only cost $50. I know it doesn't always go to plan but I really believe the TT is ideal for dog races with only 8 runners. You can usually pick one out in each race you're confident will place and you can put the field in with it if you have to.

It's funny how different bet types seem to suit different people.  I thought it would be easy too but gave up on them because the only one I got, I lost money!

Today's TT is worth a crack with a few that are worthy anchors.

For what it's worth, and at the risk of putting the mocker on, I've taken 4 tickets

7-9/2-3-4-5

2-5/f and 2-4/f

2-6/f and 2/1-3-4-6-8

Hope that helps someone doing a last minute one

Like any other bet it's the number of combinations in each leg multiplied together.

If you have one anchor and box another number of runners (n) the cost for that leg is 1x (n(n-1)/2.

E.g.

One anchor with 4 other runners is

1x(4x3)/2 = 6

One anchor with the field in a dog race is

1x(7x6)/2 = 21

So if you anchor one with the field in each leg it's 21x21x21= $9261 for $1 unit.

If you anchor two runners with a number of other runners (n), the cost for that leg is simply n. For example if you anchor 1 and 2 with the field (6 runners), you have 6 combinations (1,2,3; 1,2,4; 1,2,5; 1,2,6; 1,2,7; 1,2,8)

If you box runners (n) it is (n(n-1)(n-2))/6.

E.g.

Box 3 runners

(3x2x1)/6=1 which makes sense because, unlike a box trifecta where you have 6 combinations (1,2,3; 1,3,2; 2,1,3; 2,3,1; 3,1,2; 3,2,1), when it doesn't matter what order they come in like in triple trio, you only have one possible combination (1,2,3).

Box 4 runners

(4x3x2)/6=4

Box 5 runners

(5x4x3)/6=10

Box 6 runners

(6x5x4)/6=20

Box 7

(7x6x5)/6= 30

Box 8

(8x7x6)/6 =56

For example if you box 1,2,3,4 your possible combinations are 1,2,3; 1,2,4; 1,3,4; 2,3,4.

So, if you anchor two runners with the field in one leg and box 5 in a leg and 6 in a leg you'll have

Leg 1: 6 combinations

Leg 2: 10 combinations

Leg 3: 20 combinations

costing 6x10x20=$1200 for a $1 unit

Like any other bet it's the number of combinations in each leg multiplied together.

If you have one anchor and box another number of runners (n) the cost for that leg is 1x (n(n-1)/2.

E.g.

One anchor with 4 other runners is

1x(4x3)/2 = 6

One anchor with the field in a dog race is

1x(7x6)/2 = 21

So if you anchor one with the field in each leg it's 21x21x21= $9261 for $1 unit.

If you anchor two runners with a number of other runners (n), the cost for that leg is simply n. For example if you anchor 1 and 2 with the field (6 runners), you have 6 combinations (1,2,3; 1,2,4; 1,2,5; 1,2,6; 1,2,7; 1,2,8)

If you box runners (n) it is (n(n-1)(n-2))/6.

E.g.

Box 3 runners

(3x2x1)/6=1 which makes sense because, unlike a box trifecta where you have 6 combinations (1,2,3; 1,3,2; 2,1,3; 2,3,1; 3,1,2; 3,2,1), when it doesn't matter what order they come in like in triple trio, you only have one possible combination (1,2,3).

Box 4 runners

(4x3x2)/6=4

Box 5 runners

(5x4x3)/6=10

Box 6 runners

(6x5x4)/6=20

Box 7

(7x6x5)/6= 30

Box 8

(8x7x6)/6 =56

For example if you box 1,2,3,4 your possible combinations are 1,2,3; 1,2,4; 1,3,4; 2,3,4.

So, if you anchor two runners with the field in one leg and box 5 in a leg and 6 in a leg you'll have

Leg 1: 6 combinations

Leg 2: 10 combinations

Leg 3: 20 combinations

costing 6x10x20=$1200 for a $1 unit

I can't remember where you lost me mate.  

Didn't take one tonight but just checked results and must agree it looks easier than 10K worth! Fav in every leg and not 1 blowout amongst the place getters, if u got it you'll be laughing at the divvy! But in saying that I know how easy it is to just miss that 1 and miss out.

Must admit I gave up on the triple trio in the end. Place 6 has been good tho. Trick is to go on a mtg with a reduced field or even better, two. Only 2 divvies makes them pay real good overs. 

Chch is a graveyard tho. Wanganui's been a good consitent track the last year or so. Good boxing and starting and track conditions. Chch they always seem to bash and crash. Super quick one week and slow the next. Gave up on there

Howzit Lad

Congrats on the house and kid mate! That's awsm news.

Yes I buttoned right off the caff ., and the punt. Also recently bought a house which would not have happened had I not pulled my head on. Funnily enough had some of my best wins now I'm punting less and far more carefully. This was a good one from 6 January: 

$30 multi, any 4,5,6

Spiritello (Anchor)

Kirkham Harvey (A)

Showem Baby (A)

Homebush Justine

Double Entendre (A)

Cawbourne Gil

$6950! 

Yes also wonder about Dusty. His health's not great but did msg me awhile back saying he's getting on top of it. He's always said Wanganui's consistent and stay away from Chch. I'm finally agreeing with him

Terrible news about Dusty. I only knew him on here but in this era true friendships can develop online even if you never meet. On the caff he was an astute assessor of races, a great contributor, and a real generous provider of his thoughts. He sure knew his dogs!

Just back in October Dusty messaged me and I've decided to share some of his comments. I do this out of respect for him because I think it shows his compassion and determination to continue to contribute to helping others. I hope that maybe his friends and family might get something positive out of this small snippet that he shared with me.

8 October 2015

"Going through gluten withdrawal at the moment which is kinda like a drug withdrawal-not pleasant but been through a lot so I'll be fine once my system sorts itself.  I've been spending most of my time helping others in Facebook health groups while I've been struggling to help myself!  Hoping to be 100% in 2-3 years from now which would be a good result after being sick off and on pretty much my whole life(am 35).

When I'm well, I have options.  Wanna get into the dogs more seriously because I'm going really well(putting loads of work in studying/recording bets etc as I was) and found best tracks are in the North Island-might have told you that ages ago.  Best bet types have been Jackpot First 4s and Eachway.  Will be nice to get to the tracks again because that's what I really like.  Also like to get back into owning dogs, haven't had one for about 3 years.

I am considering getting into Counselling, but obviously want to be 100% to do the training.  Have always considered doing tertiary so just gotta get myself right.  Have had plenty myself, I'm an empath and had fair share of tough going.  

The other option I'm considering is Functional Medicine/Holistic doctor as I'm pretty much doing that already with advice that I offer but don't get paid, just happy to volunteer at the moment and get a name for myself.  My brother is a web designer so he could do me a website for zip."

RIP Eugene/Dusty