RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

Back from Peru

Well I've just arrived back from deepest darkest Peru, well not exactly, Machu Picchu to be precise and by the amount of daily tourism, it's more light than dark.

Whilst away in Chile/Peru I happened to mention to some of my 'Latino racing aquantances' the state of NZ racing, the prize money, and the fiasco's! note Fiasco is a word Latin's are more than versed with.

The feedback and comments cannot in all honesty be printed here, for obvious reasons, however the mirth and surprise was embarrassing when you consider both countries, especially Peru is 3rd world.

When you read diatribe from Fasthorse, it does nothing for anyone, any solid reputation NZ had, is past tense, although prize money at moment looks as if it's going north, all other aspects of the caper are going south.

I do feel however that the trainers, owners and breeders need to step up to the plate, and there are a few breeders obviously pushing their own agenda and have done so for years. If the people at the coalface don't take up the cudgels then it's too hard a road.

I once thought that the quintessential Aussie was the also the most apathetic creature on the planet, they are now in the slow lane and the Kiwi is on cruise control in the overtaking lane.

The boom will bust here in Oz, and sooner rather than later, shame NZ will not be in a position to capitalise with people like your racing minister accepting a portfolio he knows very little about, kinda like a Dentist performing heart surgery don't you think? My ambition in life is to race 90, I wont rest until I do. At my age that would mean I

A bit negative bif.....actually a lot negative.

Can't see the point of your post !!!!

You could have summarised it......Hey guys ,I've just arrived back from Peru !!!

Sorry T M, let's get straight to it then, NZ racing is f---ed!! There I've said it, sure and succinct, but you already knew that didn't you, you're just having me on? Mis Amigos de Chile y Peru se acuedo de veras……….you see, the world is laughing, and no one cares T M, otherwise there would be a lynch mob up at the beehive, but it's all too bloody hard isn't it? The hombres in Latin America can't understand how a first world nation could let a major industry get to this stage, be it horse racing or whatever…..that's my point…..should have fired from the hip first up, you reckon?

My mistake.I think he was from Chile

Sorry to say I didn't C G, In Chile they race at 2 tracks in Santiago, both better than anything in NZ, and a lesser track down in Vina Del Mar which is similar infrastructure to Surfers Paradise/Gold Coast if you like……he maybe based down there, but I didn't notice him in SCL. Great wines, and tucker, you should try and get there, or Buenos Aires even just once in a life time.