RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Michael Guerin

Very colourful character is Michael.

Being able to read at 3 is interesting,but I put that down to,what else could you do in Greymouth 45 years ago,in fact what could you do in Greymouth today,other than read and go to Church on Sundays. :)

He does say that he is a successful gambler.He used to bet for fun but now he bets for money.

The difference he says is research and the removal of emotion.That last piece regareding removal of emotion explains exactly why i was a crap punter eg if a horse was racingandt it was owned by my mates neighbours cousins friend i would be in.

Well said Michael.

Very colourful character is Michael.

Being able to read at 3 is interesting,but I put that down to,what else could you do in Greymouth 45 years ago,in fact what could you do in Greymouth today,other than read and go to Church on Sundays. :)

Yes it was pretty boring 

But every six months or so a bunch of gnomes(well I thought they were gnomes - they looked like gnomes and acted like gnomes and talked like gnomes) would come over from Christchurch, thunder round the racetrack and generally cause mayhem in the district. Then as quick as they appeared they would disappear again.

That used to keep us entertained for a while

He does say that he is a successful gambler.He used to bet for fun but now he bets for money.

The difference he says is research and the removal of emotion.That last piece regareding removal of emotion explains exactly why i was a crap punter eg if a horse was racingandt it was owned by my mates neighbours cousins friend i would be in.

Well said Michael.

So true - I lose more money betting on mates' horses than I ever do picking on form/looks/prelims ....

To people like crustygrizzly,camici and sunlineboy you guys are typical of  the putdown mentality that exists in this country.What he earns from trackside is probably petty cash but more than crustygrizzly earns in a week in is factoryjob are they aware that you bet.

You guys are not aware of is income streams and that he does not just write for the NZ Herald and appear on trackside the racing channel in Australia are keen to have him on when their big meetings are on he has always had good cars because he is successful at what he does he does not live in a little closed world like you guys do

To people like crustygrizzly,camici and sunlineboy you guys are typical of  the putdown mentality that exists in this country.What he earns from trackside is probably petty cash but more than crustygrizzly earns in a week in is factoryjob are they aware that you bet.

You guys are not aware of is income streams and that he does not just write for the NZ Herald and appear on trackside the racing channel in Australia are keen to have him on when their big meetings are on he has always had good cars because he is successful at what he does he does not live in a little closed world like you guys do

Please advise me where in this thread i have put him down.

Twelve Questions: Michael Guerin
5:00 AM Tuesday Oct 7, 2014

Michael Guerin — who hates being called Mick — is a presenter on Trackside TV and long-time racing editor of the Herald. One of 11 children who grew up in Greymouth, he is a cousin of Julie Christie and well-known bar owner zzz zzzzz

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11337970

I smell a rat! or is that you Mick? An interesting pseudonym you travel under FF considering Mick's obsession over the years with words starting with" F"--has used "freakish" and "freshman" ad nauseam in Granny Herald. Me thinks you protest too much FF.

Besides, a few genuine people in the industry have been on the receiving end of unsavoury articles by the germ Guerin so suck it up!

Thanks Fiery Falcon.My credit/lease quip about his Maserati was purely tongue in cheek! Good on him for getting a Maserati.I drive utes myself.Find them more practical.I don't care what people drive! Suggest you get a sense of humour! My beef with Mick were the vicious attacks on Brian O'Meara and Warren Stapleton a number of years ago.Were you happy with those articles FF?

Mick.....well what can you say about the guy.

I do not mind him.....But he does come across as an up himself spoilt little brat.....

But, I do like that he speaks out..... So I will give this little brat  7/10. That is a pretty good score from me ;)