RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jess

Des C got gelded?

Camici...

Ian Hunter was just 20 years of age when he won that Auckland Cup.

One of his best horses as a trainer was Royal Waldorf...I say for no particular reason at all other than the fact that I like recalling the names of horses that have impacted on my memory for one reason or another...just like you do, I believe.

All strength to you and may you have many more years acting as a font of such knowledge and, thereby, enhancing the quality of life of other like-minded individuals.

All the best.

Ashoka

Rambling_Kidd...

He was trained by Reg Weatherley prior to joining the Alexander barn...but I think that you knew this before you posted.

Nice try but bad luck...there's a lot of knowledge lurking under, over, to the sides of and within this Forum...

Be warned...all those who seek to mislead...

Cheers.

Ashoka

:)  :)  :ph34r:  :)  :)

Thanks Ashoka.Ian Hunter was very good at training trotters as well.He trained the top mare Thriller Dee for the Dickie family.He prepared other trotters for them between the time Ivan died and John became old enough to train their team.

Royal Waldorf.53 starts.4 wins/8 seconds/8 thirds.$38,115.

Thriller Dee. 71 starts.24 wins/13 seconds/7thirds.$120,310.Trained by Ian Hunter early in her career and then Len Robinson.

Fun Quiz.If anyone can tell me the answer to the following two questions by 7p.m. tonight I will donate $100 to a charity of your choice.T.A.B. Accounts excluded.Ha Ha!

1.How many races did Blue Winter win?

2.How many races did jockey Bill Lepper win?

Guesses welcome!

You are welcome Gruff. Bill almost exclusively rode the East Coast circuit.Gisborne/Wairoa/Hastings/Napier Park/Waipukarau.His biggest win was the Waipukarau Cup.He trained Fiometta to win a Eulogy Stakes at Awapuni.He did not ride her.He put on the more experienced A.Jones instead.Upon his retirement he was a prominent outdoor bowler in Havelock North.