RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
trakdap

SB Waikato

My understanding is it is Waikato Farms Ltd trading under the Stoney Bridge Waikato banner. Sole director is Simon Quintner based in the Auckland Adminstration office.

According to the Companies Office website, Stoney Bridge Ltd and Stoney Bridge Thoroughbred Ltd are in receivership and Stoney Bridge Waikato Ltd is in liquidation. The other two companies in the group are neither.

According to the NZTR site, the stallions are now mainly owned by Simon Quintner, the office boy.

Problem is, who are you really dealing with?

Seems to me also to be a bit of misleading advertising but its probably bit of a grey area.

Rob McAnulty repossessed St Reims because he hadn't received his percentages on the horse, and I have heard that Red Clubs won't be returning to NZ because money is owed on him as well.

The big issues are the lack of a live foal guarantee, and the failure to lodge stallion returns, meaning you might not be able to register your foal.

Te Aroha I would suggest you look strongly at Foetal insurance, my own mare is in foal to a SB sire and whilst the insurance cost isnt cheap the policy covers the foal till 30 days. Better than losing all

Te Aroha I would suggest you look strongly at Foetal insurance, my own mare is in foal to a SB sire and whilst the insurance cost isnt cheap the policy covers the foal till 30 days. Better than losing all

What happens if you buy a mare in foal and it is born dead or dies at birth. Are you covered with an LFG if the stallion has a LFG, if not why not.

I have just been told that Tololi is putting a proposal to creditors forward under the provisions of Part 5 of the Insolvency Act. It is in the Public Notices column of the NZ Herald this morning. A meeting of creditors is scheduled for later this month.

What happens if you buy a mare in foal and it is born dead or dies at birth. Are you covered with an LFG if the stallion has a LFG, if not why not.

LFG will only work if either the stallion is still at stud for your mare to return to, or if the owners can refund you the service fee paid. Given the current situation I made the decision to protect my investment by taking out foetal insurance in case SB where not around to honor their agreement. But everybody has different circumstances and they may chose a different path.

Generally a contract is between people, and if a mare is sold, the contract is then invalid for the new owner - thus the LFG is forfeit when you buy a mare in foal. If you have spent a lot and can't afford to lose the foal, the foetal insurance is a good idea.

Trakdap forgot to add the important bit, if you have purchased the mare then generally most LFG are not transferrable so you would need to insure either the mare or the foetus or both. The reasoning for the above is the service contract is between the stud & the mare owner at the time, who has paid the service fee.

Trakdap forgot to add the important bit, if you have purchased the mare then generally most LFG are not transferrable so you would need to insure either the mare or the foetus or both. The reasoning for the above is the service contract is between the stud & the mare owner at the time, who has paid the service fee.

So when you buy a mare IN FOAL, you are not really buying the foal, even though the service fee has been paid already. Regardless of whether the stud 'paid' (stud owned the mare) to sevice the mare they are selling.

There must be a name for this sort of practice, and good business is not that name..

The stallions job is to get the mare in foal --after that it's up to the mare.

The stallion owner should not really be responsible for paying for the mares failures but the practice in NZ is to offer the lfg.

Trakdap - most (if not all) Service Contracts will state the LFG is not transferable if the mare is sold. Fair enough, as they (the stallion owners) do not have a contract with the new owners....and bear in mind that often the contract will state the mare has to foal under supervision at a recognised stud,be vaccinated against EHV etc etc. SO these stipulations may not be met under new ownership. So once she leaves ownership of the contracted owner, the contract would be rendered void,I would think.

Depending on how much you paid for her, Foetal Insurance looks like the only option to cover your investment.

Trakdap - most (if not all) Service Contracts will state the LFG is not transferable if the mare is sold. Fair enough, as they (the stallion owners) do not have a contract with the new owners....and bear in mind that often the contract will state the mare has to foal under supervision at a recognised stud,be vaccinated against EHV etc etc. SO these stipulations may not be met under new ownership. So once she leaves ownership of the contracted owner, the contract would be rendered void,I would think.

Depending on how much you paid for her, Foetal Insurance looks like the only option to cover your investment.

Fair comment. But I still feel there are "Grey" areas here.

I'm just wondering about all the foal shares breeders entered into with Stoneybridge. I have heard that the receivers have made contact with some of these people seeking payment - can anyone confirm this?

im a little confused

My mare went to Mr Nancho as a discounted fee (cash), so we know their LFG is not available, but the way i read the first few threads, is if they dont return the stallion returns Im at risk of not being able to register the foal?

Or is this thread for LFG only and if you mare losses the foetus, you might not be able to claim your LFG.

The issue regarding SB's not putting in their stallion returns is a huge issue and a worry. We have mares in foal to Mr Nancho and Storm Creek. As far as I understand it, if the stallion returns are not done, then you can't register the foal. Can anyone clarify this?

I note also the advertisement in the NZ Herald yesterday regarding the proposal Tololi wants to put to creditors. The creditors meeting is on 24 June 2010 at 10am at the Auckland Club, 24 Shortland Street Auckland. The provisional trustee is Stephen Lawrence on 306 7421. Anyone owed money by Tololi should obviously be getting involved and should obtain a copy of the proposal he has prepared.

I think that you can still register your foal as I see that another stud who went under had not filed their 2008 stallion return but the foals born in 2009 have been accepted, but all it would take is a phone call the NZ Racing to check. The problem I have is if you are not sure of your mares foaling date you can not go an check online.

I think that you can still register your foal as I see that another stud who went under had not filed their 2008 stallion return but the foals born in 2009 have been accepted, but all it would take is a phone call the NZ Racing to check. The problem I have is if you are not sure of your mares foaling date you can not go an check online.

You can always check your vet accounts to see what dates their preg tests were done. Not too hard to work from that ie: foaling dates/service dates/pregnancy test dates etc.