RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bestbets

Final Field Odds

The final field odds for Kilmore (Monday) are only been shown very close to the race start.  I haven't notice this happening before, is this the norm during the week?

My race is 8.30pm so more than likely I be snoring on the couch with the TV going in the background.

Must be a reason for this, not sure you see this happening in Aussie with all the competition they have over there.

yes maybe they got no idea of how to frame the field till most of the money goes on then give some unders hoping no one backs anything with them other than the tote that they get there 20% take or what ever it is they grab.

Guest 2Admin2

yes maybe they got no idea of how to frame the field till most of the money goes on then give some unders hoping no one backs anything with them other than the tote that they get there 20% take or what ever it is they grab.

Either that or the fixed odds are computer driven.

Guest 2Admin2

in some cases they might be but dont the tab have bookies or do they just cover new zealand and just big meetings over the ditch???????????????

They only work 8 to 5

Pretty obvious what the TAB do.....

Any Aus fields....they just wait closer till race time....then use tote odds as a guide and reduce F/Odds by heaps...

They do the same with NZ meets, wait till money in the tote to guide them.....Bookies my arse.....Copy cats YES.

I'm the first to criticise the TAB when they deserve it, but your comment about NZ racing fixed odds isn't correct.  I think the time they open the fixed odds on NZ racing is very good as generally all races are up by 9am and at this time they can hardly copy tote odds when there is a few hundred bucks in most pool.

For the Aussie races they definitely just copy Australian bookmaker prices, which is ironic given they complain about Australian bookies freeloading by betting on our races and not paying a fee.  How much do they pay the Australain bookies that they copy their odds from I wonder....

The aus/gibralter corporates have been very slow in putting up markets for some of the aus country and provincial meets recently which would explain the tab late markets.

In regards to nz markets they do get have to frame their own as lechtin said albeit at % 130+

I don't have a problem with the final field market for NZ racing, in fact I love it when odds are posted at 9am you get a chance to look for value, sadly most of the time you are better to wait till closer to race time where divs are adjusted more closely to the tote odds but every once in awhile the bookies get it wrong.