RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

OTTO --HOME DETENTION

What a ridiculous comment.

You try sitting at home twiddling your thumbs for six months when you have worked outdoors all your life.

The publicity along with the ongoing repercussions will also play a large part I'm sure!!

Of course life carries on, what else would you suggest??

It just goes to show how distorted this industry is. I would bet my left one that Richard Otto is not the only trainer to make poor decisions and battle financially. This compared to those in Petone  :angry:  that make poor decisions and wallow in their 6 figure salaries no matter what.

It's great to see all the defenders of Richard Otto come out and call people loons etc for saying something they don't agree with.However he is now a convicted fraudster and it just hasn't happened lately.He has had a bad compliance record since 2003 so it's been going on for a while.He was still blaming his brother and accountant in a pre sentencing report in April.

Ijust hope that all you posters showed the the same love to the directors ofLombard,Bridgecorp and Hanover.

I put my name to my post. I have no sympathy for those that go under who know there business is in bad shape and continue to trade no matter what ever industry they are in.

Does he care about his debts to Farriers, Feed Merchants,Vets, Racing Clubs etc, who now are not going to be paid.

All that happens is those who are a risk from trainers going under raise their prices to cover bad debts, and the good payers get penalised.

How about T Serepesos, gone under for $200 million and a lot to small businesses. Photo in Prague having a sleigh ride, 8 weeks in Greece, driving a $200,000 car around Wellington and buying flowers for 20 year old with $100 notes.

Now wants to be released from bankruptcy.

He is not the only one snubbing his nose at those he has put at financial risk

Guest 2Admin2

Comparing Richard Otto to Terry Serepisos is hardly an equal comparison. Although no one can excuse Otto shouldn't we be looking at the bigger picture - isn't his demise reflective of the strife the industry is in?

As I've said before interesting how we see essentially a cover up at NZRB with the sudden departure of the CEO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Otto's debt is less than the junket bucket at Petone. The word is they are off to the Prix again.

I gather that this isn't going down too well with some struggling trainers.

Guest 2Admin2

Let me guess, this is somehow the head-to-head betting option's fault?

Yet another smart arse reply from our resident too much time on his hands kid.

Do you EVER post anything useful..I think not... you always have to be a smart arse don't you......boring.

Do you?

99% of your posts are telling people to stop talking about horses, jockeys and trainers.

Oh, so what does that leave us with? Talking about management - the only reason this website exists. Message received captain.

Guest 2Admin2

Do you?

99% of your posts are telling people to stop talking about horses, jockeys and trainers.

Oh, so what does that leave us with? Talking about management - the only reason this website exists. Message received captain.

I suggest you don't take up journalism if your posts can be misconstrued.

Guest 2Admin2

I suggest you learn basic skills before misconstruing posts, or do I need :P to help you out?

Well every site has one - on the bright side channel 1/2 has a dozen.

Guest 2Admin2

You should see this website as Auckland City. Take away it's traffic and it may as well be Hamilton.

Get the reference?

Nup

I think some village is missing their idiot.

Sarcasm is angers fat ugly cousin. The lowest form of communication.

Have a say by all means but leave the small man syndrome at home. Im sure you have something intellegent to say ,please say it in a gentleman-ly fashion and it will be respect.

please take that on board and dont have some goofy comeback. This isnt one of the rock music forums the kids of today get their jollys by making smart arse gibberish up.