RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Liberation today....??

DO PLEDGE ME should have done his homework and kept well away from this animal-cost VESPA a placing.

As clearly you were or a rider of some talent,can you explain to me as a retired rider what MDP SHOULD HAVE DONE.

I had a decent place bet on Vespa as i believe he is the real deal and if i agreed with you i would too be bagging MDP.

What i seen was Vespa drawing 1 and with a horse that has gate speed,it was common sense to be on the pace.This is what he did and rode hard for 300m to hold his position,Then Liberation race around looking for the lead,again MDP did the correct strategy and eased into the trail and give Vespa the run of the race.The part of the race that was the demise was the winner who had also shown gate speed from a wide draw sat outside vespa,leaving him in a pocket.On straightening Liberation run 2 horse off the fence allowing for a saloon passage for Vespa to take,which he attempted too,until Liberation ducked in when struck with the whip and poleaxed Vespa AND CERTAINLY  COST VESPA A PLACING....

So Dan please explain what was bad about the ride as i gave the ride 10/10 and as does happen luck beyond his control played a part.Please don't tell me that he should have retained lead and don't tell he should have have waited and got into  a position to follow the winner as he was gone by the time this incident happened.

Completely irrelevant whether I was a rider or not.

You don't have opinions about the All Blacks - were you one?

Political party leanings - were you a politician?

The top hoops in OZ(in most cases in my opinion), and knowing of LIBERATIONS prior greeness, may have angled out before the turn, leaving the luck factor out of the equation. I agree he shouldn't of held the lead. You're kind giving him 10/10 and yes his choice did lead him to be unlucky.

His ride on BOUNDING at Riccarton, now that was a bad ride.

Diver Dan I am probably the only person in New Zealand that defended Marks ride on Bounding in the fillies Guineas race at Riccarton.She is a straight sprinter.It didn't matter how she was ridden that day the winner was superior at the 1600 m DISTANCE.I texted Mark and he agreed with me.Marks opinion was vindicated later in the season when she scintillatingly won the Railway!