RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kinetic

Frozen semen shipment, import frozen.

I dont think this will go anywhere, but il give it a go for the benefit of others in this industry.

Id be happy to colate a list of peoples FS wishes, contact studmasters and provide this info to NZGRA for the next shipment, or even look to outsource it. there are places, like Glenbred, that can do it.

For example....

Apatche leap, bro of Magic sprite at $550aus.

Ronan ismir, dont think any sons of Elite state at stud here, $880

Dyna steal, half the price of his brother Dyna tron and broke in quicker.

There are heaps....

Id also be happy to put together a list of people keen on some imports, if i can get a list to steve from worldclasssires, then we could get some bella infrared, djays octane etc.......but hel only get the extra paperwork if there is enough interest.

This idea and thread will probably fade, if you think nzgra are doing a top job and are likely to get your desired FS in then so be it, but im sick of seeing sires that would suit my bitches, and not being able to get it.

but im happy to start working on this with enough interest.

gaz_catch23@hotmail.com

I think il concede defeat with this one, after some thought over the weekend i dont think breeders in nz look outside the box enough, and yes there is enough quality semen coming in now for breeders to use. If you think the FS list is tad expensive then look at our own stud dogs, theres a vial here on here of Snicko for sale @ $400 for example, very potent that reba keroma damline and i hope people give him a shot, very very quick dog.

Il change tack abit with this, this thread will probably fade, and i do this for no gain, just to try to benefit our industrys future, but ive got a thread going on Gdata about import frozen signed off for NZ. Il get a list together soon, but it looks like most of the Global greyhound sires (Ninja jamie, Boherna on air, greenwell storm, eskimo jack), worldwide greyhounds (Paddy whacker, Blazin wildfire), have been drawn to meet NZ requirements, and if there is enough interest Geoff would consider it for some of his sires (world class sires).

http://www.globalgreyhoundsires.com/forsale.html

http://www.worldwidegreyhounds.com/

http://www.worldclass-sires.com.au

I will keep going with the GData thread to make sure this FS is accessable to nz breeders and update this for those interested, and contact the association with your requests, but i wont be going to hardout with this. Il leave it nz breeders to have a look at these sites, have a look at the threads on these sires on gdata, have a look a the pedigrees and the bitches they are beiing mated to and the dogs they throw.

I recently wanted to purchase FS from two very successful and very much in demand US sires....Bella Infrared and Djay's Octane.

There is none currently in NZ, so I rang Geoff Collins in Aus and he explained that he can't send US frozen to NZ from Australia. Apparently getting FS from the US is very difficult and very costly due to NZ's quarantine laws.

At present the easiest thing to do would be to send the bitch to Australia to be inseminated then fly her back but then the pups wouldn't be recognised as being NZ bred and therefore would be ineligible for the NZ bred races. 

Maybe GRNZ should investigate the possibility of how this can be rectified, done cost effectively and still allow the pups to be NZ bred.

We should be improving our bloodlines not settling for second best or whatever is on offer.   

Bunyarra.

I recently spoke to Geoff Collins

In regards to a bella infrared straw myself.

He told me if there was enough interest form nz breeders he would be prepared to get the extra paper work done in the USA so straws could be sent to NZ.....it would only take 5-6 breeders willing to purchase to get the ball rolling.

This is my point guys, there are plenty of threads on this, it takes more paper and bloodwork etc etc, we know all this. it can be done, you just have to get enough interest together. In terms on any stud dog in aus, then yes use the current system and when the association send out their letters for desired frozen then put AUS sires on there.

However, for imports like those from Geoff, it needs interest way before the NZGRA will import it, as the bloodwork and paperwork has a cost, is time consuming and has componants to it from the FS source.

As i said, i was keen to go nuts with this, but all the info is there, it seems there is some interest already, get some people together and start discussing it, with enough interest the extra work could be done in time for an Nz shipment, and alas.....we have some quality import FS to access, not waiting 4-5 years to tap into these bloodlines from AUS half breeds (not that im not a fan of these...)

We never had access to Spiral nikita, Premier fantasy, droopys maldini (we did get access to Droopys marco, but Maldini was the better dog and sire imo) etc etc, and only a select few can realistically send their bitch to aus to be mated. if you want the next big imports in our breeding ranks here, then check out the websites above and generate some interest.

A litter has to be whelped in new Zealand to be classed as nz bred.

That means the Bitch can be inseminated in aus and fly back to have the pups and they will still be eligible for nzrs

Geez is Bill Gates getting into dog racing? He's the only one on earth who could afford those flights!!

There is an opportunity with enough interest to get Kiowa mon manny FS signed off for NZ on an upcoming draw and import, from world wide greyhounds (website above).

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kiowa+mon+manny&sex=&color=&birthyear=&birthland=

Sensational sire, thread below. Will be around $3300 aus, up to you guys if you contact Kevin or not.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/knowledge.php?b=2&note=839133&order=&x=10