RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Swabs

Found it interesting reading last nights stipes report and seeing the stipes question Bruce Dann on the improved performance of Terra Annie last night, no problems with that at all, it's actually good to see, I just found it bizarre that Sleeper Agent (C3) wasn't called for a swab / asked about its improved performance? Broke its previous PB for 5 lengths and ran down a top C5 dog... Seemed like an obvious choice for a swab to me?

( nothing sinister in my post at all, I'm not suggesting the dog was on anything, I'm solely coming from a punters perspective and maintaining integrity in the industry )

On a different note, and I cannot seem to find the stipes report at all? It happened not long ago and was at the top of the report. There was an incident where a Matt Roberts dog was selected for a swab, which was later cancelled after too many people had touched the dog after the race. Is there rules enforcing this? I saw no one was fined or warned about it... Seems like if you win and don't wanna get swabbed just get a few people to come over after the race and touch your dog! What a joke.

Edit- Found it. "The winner CAWBOURNE ARIES was nominated as a post race swab but this was cancelled after it was observed that the bitch had been touched by a number of people present at the dias following the race and this could possibly have compromised the swab."

, I just found it bizarre that Sleeper Agent (C3) wasn't called for a swab / asked about its improved performance? Broke its previous PB for 5 lengths and ran down a top C5 dog... Seemed like an obvious choice for a swab to me?

( nothing sinister in my post at all, I'm not suggesting the dog was on anything, I'm solely coming from a punters perspective and maintaining integrity in the industry )

Thanks for posting this Reilly.

On my scratch pad next to the computer, I made this note last night after that race.

It reads "Sleeper Agent R4 #6 25/9 CHCH blinkers mare/turn?

My first action acting from my notes is to look at the stipe report from the race. Also I hadn't previously noted the dog to wear blinkers. I now have.

In the days ahead I'll follow up on the remainder of the note. I've got the race#, dog #, date & venue as a reminder to go back and look over the video replay closely when available. Currently being fresh in mind I was questioning the run home for a possible turning of the head. I'm making no comment that it did indeed happen in my opinion at this point, but since it's not mentioned in the stipe report I want to go back and have another look for myself.

Most times doing this turns up nothing, but not always.

Kind of like sitting outside at night "I think I just saw a shooting star out of the corner of my eye, but did I"?

In the cawbourne aries incident there was a large group of sponsors who wanted to take a photo with the presentation, they were asked not to touch the dogs but being such a large group who were mostly a little under the weather people did pat the dog to congratulate. It was the only decision the stipe could make. With cawbourne crouch the dog is in good form and improving,started as favourite, ran best of day the week before, no particular reason that it needed to be swabbed

6 swabs at Waikato today with 4 2nd placegetters selected... Interesting.

Also found it bizzare that a dog like Cawbourne Crouch wasn't selected yesterday, runs 30.55 first run over 520 then comes out and runs 29.92... Cmooon

And I find it funny that there was at least a $1600 win bet slammed on the eventual winner of race 10 just before they jumped and they swabbed the 2nd dog?.....

In the cawbourne aries incident there was a large group of sponsors who wanted to take a photo with the presentation, they were asked not to touch the dogs but being such a large group who were mostly a little under the weather people did pat the dog to congratulate. It was the only decision the stipe could make. With cawbourne crouch the dog is in good form and improving,started as favourite, ran best of day the week before, no particular reason that it needed to be swabbed

Improving 10 lengths is no particular reason to be swabbed, good heavens.  Everyone knew the dog was promising but don't think many, if any were predicting a sub 30 time.  How many dogs roll like this?  

If you look into it dusty, the dog beat fashion and fame fair and square best of day 30.55, making fashion and fame run around the 30.67 Mark, the week before fashion and fame went 30.17 nearly 8 lengths quicker, best of day. Then next week on a better track cawbourne crouch runs 29.92, an improvement of about 9 lengths on his time the week before. . . Form stacks up to me.

Interesting to see if he gets a swab today.  I'm not suggesting anything dodgy but a combined margin of 22+ lengths last 2 starts.  Not sure how he paid $1.90 after last week.

Just another instance, in my opinion, where the punter can get burnt without any say.

Example - If a dog wins a race (call it #1) and the finishing result is 1-2-3-4, the replay is watched by the stewards, the all clear is given and the race gets "paid" to the punters. The dog is then selected for a swab which it undergoes and the trainer is paid the stake money overnight.

In a few weeks time the swab comes back as a positive and they're off to the JCA. The positive swab is upheld and the stake money get returned and re-disbursed with the #2 now winning and the #3 & #4 now placing. A fine is also levied against the offending trainer.

With those actions, justice has prevailed to all the trainers/owners who had a starter in the race.

Where is the justice for the punter?

To those who had win bets at the time on the #2, money gone.

To those who had place bets on the #4, money gone.

Not to mention any of the exotic bets which had been placed.

Things are done by the rules. Sometimes it feels like the rules are stacked up against the punter. But why do they matter anyway? They only fund the industry and get no say in matters other than voicing their opinion in a public internet forum.

Enough said.

It's ridiculous.  Hardly any dog breaks 30 seconds at Wanganui and when a c1 dog does it, they don't swab it.

[/quote believe me you have just witnessed the fastest 19 month old pup to grace NZ let's hope he stays safe and well as we are not surprised our camp new how good he is cheers

This scenario would also mean that every punter that made money of this race would have to return thier profits off this race which i do not see happening

You're absolutely right.

Another one for the "to hard" rubbish bin.

It

I thought it hilarious on Monday when my boy was picked for 2nd on the Tab and he was fixed at $1.45 and the dog they picked to win was $2.50 fixed, didn't really get that? can anyone enlighten me please?

Your dog was backed at slightly better odds before the odds came out to the public.