RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

Jockey manager.."nothing known about it"

Shadow Fox brilliant on debut from wide draw. Looked the part in parade ring.

Yet in a full field a race leading rider Jonathon Parkes would have a choice of rides the manager responsible for the booking "knew nothing about it"

Did he ask connections. "Had the horse participated in jumpouts?. How had it been working ? etc etc

Bevan Sweeny's comments or lack of comments were off putting. To be fair however sometimes they are helpful.

The area of jockey managers conflict of interests and betting particularly when managing several jockeys needs some oversight.

Interesting comments Slam Dunk

Jockey agents have a hell of a hard role to play, they have to have a "long term" view and protect the regular stables that gives them 80% support. Some rides are purely for costs recovery, with a view to assess for the future

Mr Rumpole manages the best going around but given your recent posts on him, doubt if he would give you an educated reply

If you know a Jockey agent, have a chat to him/her, very interesting and demanding role - for nought in NZ

As an aside, a Keeninksky over 1400 fresh - only thing that surprised me was the price - I rated it a $6 shot - massive overs were got

Someone knew something about it.

Was the $3.00 favourite on the TAB last night so some money had been placed on the horse.

Admittedly there wouldn't have been a lot in the pool then, but favourite last night and noticed Parkes had got off Princess Padoza to ride the first starter. It was worth a small nibble.

Interesting comments Slam Dunk

Jockey agents have a hell of a hard role to play, they have to have a "long term" view and protect the regular stables that gives them 80% support. Some rides are purely for costs recovery, with a view to assess for the future

Mr Rumpole manages the best going around but given your recent posts on him, doubt if he would give you an educated reply

If you know a Jockey agent, have a chat to him/her, very interesting and demanding role - for nought in NZ

As an aside, a Keeninksky over 1400 fresh - only thing that surprised me was the price - I rated it a $6 shot - massive overs were got

I have not posted anything on Rumpole. I posted about lawyers.

Jockey agents mainly overseas do it for the punt. That would explain why some do it for "nought"   NB "Some"

Some also get income by supplying information to punters.  NZ's greatest collect e.g. the $800,000 a few years ago had its "advisors" and jockeys didn't do too badly either.

Well you got to realise that he is in a good position to gain inside information on horses that he is getting rides for one of the leading riders around. Play dumb and take the dividend.

Let me tell you being a jockeys agent (manager) is not that profitable. My belief is that there should be no conflict of interest if you are involved in this role.

If you work in television, radio, administration , press then you have a bias to your jockeys when the public is watching or listening .

It has become very obvious this is the case when watching trackside and jockeys agents are presenting or fronting trackside.

Maybe these people are struggling to make a living but really this industry in NZ needs to get professional and conflicts of interest like this need to disappear.

In oz and elsewhere it would not be and it isn't tolerated.

Shadow Fox brilliant on debut from wide draw. Looked the part in parade ring.

Yet in a full field a race leading rider Jonathon Parkes would have a choice of rides the manager responsible for the booking "knew nothing about it"

Did he ask connections. "Had the horse participated in jumpouts?. How had it been working ? etc etc

Bevan Sweeny's comments or lack of comments were off putting. To be fair however sometimes they are helpful.

The area of jockey managers conflict of interests and betting particularly when managing several jockeys needs some oversight.

Was told it won a Jumpout at Hawera by a half doz lengths .money seemed to be on early and drifted as the day went by.

We have had jocks managers over here in Oz for yonks……the good ones were earning more than the boys and girls they were managing, and some were so far up themselves they could see themselves coming……tried to avoid a manager if I could, considering many of the jocks only ride work fast mornings, they aren't exactly overworked, just use the excuse ''oh but I ride 6 days a week sometimes 7……next big thing will be valets, precious bastards.

Tell me more about the $800k collect Slam Dunk

Was not aware of that one here in NZ.

Would be intrigued if Jockeys agents involved. Tho, I suspect in Oz they do rail the Bookies every now and then - no harm there

Most students of the punt in NZ would recall the bet. Although the bookies have a max payout it was done with a poker type multi something I still haven't figured out how to do on the web site. To my way of the thinking its the best intelligent punt seen in NZ if one excludes the lucky type collects. Love to know if the person involved has kicked on. Although soon after there were some of the signature bets successful haven't seen the same announcements from the bookies of recent times. Perhaps the business has been taken overseas.

Let me tell you being a jockeys agent (manager) is not that profitable. My belief is that there should be no conflict of interest if you are involved in this role.

If you work in television, radio, administration , press then you have a bias to your jockeys when the public is watching or listening .

It has become very obvious this is the case when watching trackside and jockeys agents are presenting or fronting trackside.

Maybe these people are struggling to make a living but really this industry in NZ needs to get professional and conflicts of interest like this need to disappear.

In oz and elsewhere it would not be and it isn't tolerated.

Agree noonu, although it would be hard to find a jockey manager who doesn't have some form of conflict of interest in some capacity with the NZ industry being so small.

In saying that though, surely club managers also have a huge conflict of interest here, they receive information on nominations and fields before anyone else does, and I have no doubt they exploit this to the max..

Your comments tell me nothing

what course, what trainers and jockeys involved - in a "multi" - you have to be dreaming if it was a concerted GO

Or is it just "talk", which means nothing anyway

Long bow to draw saying the jocks "did well"

Agree noonu, although it would be hard to find a jockey manager who doesn't have some form of conflict of interest in some capacity with the NZ industry being so small.

In saying that though, surely club managers also have a huge conflict of interest here, they receive information on nominations and fields before anyone else does, and I have no doubt they exploit this to the max..

I hope you don't mean "scruffy,shirt-hanging-out, fat-boy"Castles!