RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
cantab matt

G Hall Snr = Tool!

its a shame that hes not coming over because no chance of quinny coming over next year. but the horse has won over 4.5mill and its 9yrs old now. must be tough for gary snr to keep him sound. I know for a fact that jnr really wanted to give him a go at the cup and experience chch cup week so I think its just bad luck that hes had injuries. they obviously don't want the horse to be sore after he retires

yip you train a champ, an animal with class..... perhaps the horse could teach you something.

Champion trainer, champion horse, and a career threatening injury that was well publicised in the press a week or two ago has ruled out a NZ Cup campaign.

The tool here doesn't reside in Australia!

Jack S I was just commenting on his quoted article in today's Chch Press

Pretty poor form in my opinion.

Don't think he was ever serious about coming to Chch, any of 5-6 times he nominated. Always seems to get some serious/career ending injury to justify pulling him out then miraculously ends up racing a few weeks later......

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/sport/10541160/Terror-To-Love-an-overrated-Kiwi-horse

Champion trainer, champion horse, and a career threatening injury that was well publicised in the press a week or two ago has ruled out a NZ Cup campaign.

The tool here doesn't reside in Australia!

I agree with cantab matt.  ITMQ is a great horse but that doesn't mean he has the right to run down TTL.  Don't forget TTL ran down Smoken Up to win his 1st cup.  Correct me if I am wrong but I am sure SU must have beaten ITMQ at some stage during his career.

Reminds me of many years ago an Aussie trainer by the name of Kevin Newman stated in the papers that Young Quinn wouldn't be in the top ten is he was in Aussie.  Not long after that Young Quinn won the Miricle Mile from barrier 6 at Harold Park.  Almost unheard of up till then.

Yes, Hall Snr probably did go a bit over the top with his choice of words, but you can't argue with his case for claiming that Im Themightyquinn is the better horse.

It doesn't matter whether you compare them on races won, prizemoney won, record at home, record on the road, head to head, times run, or any other criteria that that you can think of - Im Themightyquinn comes out on top every time.

To suggest that they're somehow scared to front up for the cup is just plain ridiculous. The facts don't back that suggestion up either. They weren't scared to front up for an Interdominion - and win it. They weren't scared to front up for an Auckland Cup - and win it.

Hall Snr is simply too smart an operator to spend $30 - $40k to travel to Christchurch unless the horse is 100% fit. That's just one of the reasons he's a champion trainer, and the knockers are conspiracy theorists.

I'm as big a fan of Terror To Love as anybody, but the facts simply put Im Themighyquinn in a different league.

Tool or not, his horse has the record to back up his poorly chosen words. He is an Aussie after all, and they're famous for getting under the skin of Kiwis, with outlandish statements about how good they are, but in this case I happen to think he's right.

However, without Im Themightyquinn to contend with, Terror To Love's chances of going back to back to back to back in the Cup have significantly improved.. Now he just has to fend off Christen Me, Adore Me, Smolda, and about a dozen others!

Arrogant comments from a trainer with a great record but loves the sound of his own voice and loves himself and I believe he only enters the horse in the cup to get his name in lights, massive shame he isn't coming as TTL looked awesome on Friday night

Aussie trainer talks the talk and walks the walk- diffference between arrogance and self confidence is his results speak for themselves- all Paul Court does is come up with a string of excuses  for Terror to Love failing to win anything  of merit in Australia..the draw was against him or he was blocked for a run.. so does this mean Terror to Love is only a champion when he gets the right run??

the Mighty Quinn makes his own luck..

Travelling a horse from Perth to anywhere is a very expensive exercise, and one that a smart operator like Hall Snr doen't undertake unless he's pretty sure he's going to get the thick end of the prizemoney when he gets there.

Take a look at his strike rate when he travels. It's probably the best in the business.

Clearly the horse isn't ready to produce his best, so he's cancelled the trip. A champion trainer, and a smart businessman.

Funnily enough, the opinions of the "forum trolls" probably wasn't a factor in the decision to bypass the cup!

Travelling a horse from Perth to anywhere is a very expensive exercise, and one that a smart operator like Hall Snr doen't undertake unless he's pretty sure he's going to get the thick end of the prizemoney when he gets there.

Take a look at his strike rate when he travels. It's probably the best in the business.

Clearly the horse isn't ready to produce his best, so he's cancelled the trip. A champion trainer, and a smart businessman.

Funnily enough, the opinions of the "forum trolls" probably wasn't a factor in the decision to bypass the cup!

^6 hours from perth to sydney ,then 3.30 to christchurch,let alone the hanging around at terminals,make a 24  hour door to door excersise,and if the mighty quinn isnt right,no point .He has nothing to prove anymore,great trainer and a great horse.