RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hunterville

Zenyatta

What an amazing horse.

I know some people criticise her connections for being a bit conservative with her campaigns, but you can't knock a horse who's gone to the races 17 times and won every single time - about 10 of them at G1 level. Unbelievable.

Silent Witness won 21 straight???

Does anyone know how many of those were group races? Cheers.

I read there have been 10 Group Ones amongst the 17 races.

She looks "almost" as good as Sunline :)

Silent Witness won 21 straight???

Does anyone know how many of those were group races? Cheers.

Silent Witness did 17 straight then was beaten at start 18 at his first go over a mile.

Pretty sure that of his 1st 17 starts, all but the first 4 races were at group level.

Silent Witness did 17 straight then was beaten at start 18 at his first go over a mile.

Pretty sure that of his 1st 17 starts, all but the first 4 races were at group level.

Ahh.. thanks for that. Am I right in saying bullish luck was the first to beat it?

Thank you for posting the link, I tried to watch it from the Bloodhorse website last night and had no luck. She is amusing to watch and makes you heart stop when she comes from so far back.

Zenyatta was extended by the Irish mare Rinterval (by Desert Prince). Zenyatta could be in danger of loosing her winning streak. I suspect that had she run against stronger opposition on the day she would have been beaten.

I am normally in favour of seeing the champs carry on. I got so many "chills" from the likes of Rough Habit, Blossom Lady and Lyell Creek defying the odds despite being well past the age that they should be out-toughing the younger brigade.

Zenyata however is still unbeaten, the fact itself is staggering. I want it to stay that way and I doubt she will make 20.

Please retire her........

Zenyatta was extended by the Irish mare Rinterval (by Desert Prince). Zenyatta could be in danger of loosing her winning streak. I suspect that had she run against stronger opposition on the day she would have been beaten.

I disagree. Her ears were pricked all the way down the straight. She seems to only do just enough to win each time - I believe something like 16 of her wins have been by less than a length. I think she would have found more if she'd needed it.

Do you wanna bet with me she does not get beaten at her next start either, if you think the end is near???

Can she cover the ground and what a beautiful example of a Thoroughbred.

How many wins on Turf ?

No doubt the opposition are quality but they look like pit ponies as she strides on by....

Scooby doobie looks like you are spoiling for a fight when there is no need for one, I am entitled to an opinion on this forum.

If you read my post you will see that I merely made an observation, I have read it again and I cannot find anywhere words to the effect that Zenyatta would get beaten at her next start. I did make the assertion that on the day's performance she may have had her colours lowered by a horse or horses superior to Rinterval. Rinterval is no world beater and jockey Mike Smith had to draw the whip and ride Zenyatta out to beat a Rinterval.

Richard Edmunds is correct in his observation that Zenyatta usually only does enough to win and her record reflects this. I would love to see Zenyatta maintain an unbeaten record , racing really needs this and Zenyatta is the poster girl for racing. Horses are not machines and on that performance Zenyatta may be in danger of loosing her intact record if she meets the best horses racing at the moment. Her connections will probably take soft options to maintain her record and also restrict her to fillies and mares races in her next two starts.

Scooby doobie looks like you are spoiling for a fight when there is no need for one, I am entitled to an opinion on this forum.

If you read my post you will see that I merely made an observation, I have read it again and I cannot find anywhere words to the effect that Zenyatta would get beaten at her next start. I did make the assertion that on the day's performance she may have had her colours lowered by a horse or horses superior to Rinterval. Rinterval is no world beater and jockey Mike Smith had to draw the whip and ride Zenyatta out to beat a Rinterval.

Richard Edmunds is correct in his observation that Zenyatta usually only does enough to win and her record reflects this. I would love to see Zenyatta maintain an unbeaten record , racing really needs this and Zenyatta is the poster girl for racing. Horses are not machines and on that performance Zenyatta may be in danger of loosing her intact record if she meets the best horses racing at the moment. Her connections will probably take soft options to maintain her record and also restrict her to fillies and mares races in her next two starts.

I believe the objective is the Breeders Cup again and an interim run October 2 in the Zenyatta Stakes (formerly Lady's Secret) at Santa Anita. I'd remind you that she is the only female to have ever won the Breeders Cup Classic. It was her stated objective for the season and with the long straight at Churchill she surely must have a chance of the double. I don't think tackling that is exactly a soft option to protect her record.

Further to that, I note the gracious comment from Rinterval's owner "We expected to win, no matter what. We knew what we had, but that's what champions do -- they put a (neck) on you."

Rinterval is no slouch either, going down last month to last years's filly and mare Breeders Cup sprint winner at 7f.

Interesting comment by Del Mar's CEO too on the promotion and the attendance and turnover figures.

DEL MAR NOTES: Jamgotchian's Rinterval gives Zenyatta a race

By JEFF NAHILL - jnahill@nctimes.com | Posted: Saturday, August 7, 2010 11:05 pm

DEL MAR -- Everyone knows that horse owner Jerry Jamgotchian isn't a fan of Polytrack or the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club hierarchy. Yet there he was on Saturday, almost shocking the world.

Jamgotchian's Rinterval led for the first mile of the Grade I Clement L. Hirsch Stakes before losing to undefeated mare Zenyatta by a neck. It was the second-closest finish in Zenyatta's 18-race winning streak.

"We were a (neck) short," Jamgotchian said. "We shipped across the country and came up a (neck) short to a champion."

It was the second straight race that Rinterval has lost to a Breeders' Cup champion. She lost the July 4 Grade III Chicago Handicap to Informed Decision, who won the Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint last year at Santa Anita. Zenyatta is the defending Breeders' Cup Classic champion.

"I've got to stop running against Breeders' Cup champions," Jamgotchian said.

Under the care of Midwest trainer Eric Reed, Rinterval has been out of the money just once in seven races this year. She has two Polytrack wins, four seconds and three thirds in 11 races.

Jockey Rafael Bejarano tried to slow the pace of the Hirsch to preserve Rinterval -- who had never gone farther than a mile the last two years. It worked until the eighth pole in the 1 1/16-mile race, when Zenyatta sprinted past. Rinterval fought back, but couldn't win.

"That second mare ran great," said Mike Smith, Zenyatta's jockey. "I thought she was my main rival."

Bejarano said he didn't want the lead, "but she was comfortable."

"She was going OK," Bejarano said. "I tried to wait, but (Zenyatta) came up outside me and I had to go. If I could have waited a little more, maybe it would have been different."

Jamgotchian was a little disappointed, but proud of his mare.

"We came here to win," he said. "I don't think Rinterval saw (Zenyatta) because she was so far outside.

"I'm really surprised they raced (Zenyatta). We expected to win, no matter what.

"We knew what we had, but that's what champions do -- they put a (neck) on you."

Jamgotchian, who has been one of Del Mar's harshest critics when it comes to the Polytrack, said he thought the surface played fair and that Del Mar CEO Joe Harper and president Craig Fravel were "very gracious."

"It was a pleasure to race in California again," said Jamgotchian, who shipped all of his horses to the Midwest and East when the California Horse Racing Board mandated synthetic tracks.

Change of pace

Harper said on Friday that he was glad to promote a horse instead of a hat contest or "Cougar" contest. He was right, as Zenyatta brought in huge numbers on Saturday.

With the help of a Zenyatta pint glass giveaway, there were 32,536 fans on track -- up from the 20,335 at last year's Hirsch. In 2008, the first year Zenyatta won the Hirsch, there were 24,569 fans for a beach towel giveaway.

As for Saturday's betting handle, it was up nearly $3.2 million from last year's total of $16.2 million. This year's total was helped by a Pick Six carryover of more than $139,000.