RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yankiwi

JCA

Does anyone know if a hearing by the JCA is open to the public or is it a closed door hearing?

Further to that, if it is a public hearing, where might a list of upcoming hearing be found?

http://www.jca.org.nz/

Their website seems to be adequate in explaining what they do & what they've already done, but it seems to lack any information on how they get it done.

Does anyone know if a hearing by the JCA is open to the public or is it a closed door hearing?

Further to that, if it is a public hearing, where might a list of upcoming hearing be found?

http://www.jca.org.nz/

Their website seems to be adequate in explaining what they do & what they've already done, but it seems to lack any information on how they get it done.

Pretty sure they are closed to the general public, although i should imagine the panel hearing the case would have the power to make it open. I'm fronting the JCA next Friday over the case of Black / Grey trousers. I am entitiled to having a Lawyer / Advocate. All witnesses would have to wait outside until called. There will be a Panel of two hearing the case. They are usually Lawers. I have been through the process many times before, and never have members of the public been there. Where a case is and concerns Public interest, ie David Walker hearing, i see the TV was there beaming it out live, so it dosn't get more public than that. I should imagine they the TV were there because the Panel hearing the case were instructed to make it open to the public. Hope this is some help Yankiwi.

Pretty sure they are closed to the general public, although i should imagine the panel hearing the case would have the power to make it open. I'm fronting the JCA next Friday over the case of Black / Grey trousers. I am entitiled to having a Lawyer / Advocate. All witnesses would have to wait outside until called. There will be a Panel of two hearing the case. They are usually Lawers. I have been through the process many times before, and never have members of the public been there. Where a case is and concerns Public interest, ie David Walker hearing, i see the TV was there beaming it out live, so it dosn't get more public than that. I should imagine they the TV were there because the Panel hearing the case were instructed to make it open to the public. Hope this is some help Yankiwi.

Thanks for that Aquaman.

Might I suggest, if you're under the gun of a charge, in your packet of evidence you include a letter from your doctor stating you're colour blind, if that could somehow be the case.

You may also want to explore a bit on vision as well (Google is a wonderful tool for exploration). Is the colour black that the stipe sees the same as the black you or I see? I haven't investigated this possibility, but would think that "colour" is definitely subject to differences in individual opinion.

In the past when I looked at those colour blindness charts where they have a number or letter in slightly different shades of a colour hidden in them, in roughly half of them I couldn't detect a thing. I'm sure I could somehow see even less of the differences if I didn't try quite as hard the next time that I am tested. I believe it is a fact that vision does normally decrease with age!

Edit: One further thought, if the pants were black when you bought them and they faded, are they no longer black pants? I recall the rule is "black pants". If your receipt for the pants when you purchased them said "black" or the label inside them states the colour black, appeal upheld, no matter what colour they might have looked like to someone on the day!  :)

Thanks for the points Yankiwi. Personaly i think all black pants are varying shades of black. I think one would have to search far and wide to find pure black pants. I also think every LP on the track would be guilty of not wearing pure black, [Negrito] pants, all being various shade of grey. Anyway Friday will be interesting to say the least.

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-p-taylor-decision-dated-10-february-2015

So a 40 years veteran trainer & president of a racing club gets a $250 fine for slapping his dog across the ear because it was trying to mount a bitch that was in season on the track.

Yet history tells us a different trainer & president of a racing club got a $300 fine for falsification of documents & having every intention of racing a greyhound (thus carting it to Addington) two days prior to its stand-down being complete.

Where's the justice?

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-p-taylor-decision-dated-10-february-2015

So a 40 years veteran trainer & president of a racing club gets a $250 fine for slapping his dog across the ear because it was trying to mount a bitch that was in season on the track.

Yet history tells us a different trainer & president of a racing club got a $300 fine for falsification of documents & having every intention of racing a greyhound (thus carting it to Addington) two days prior to its stand-down being complete.

Where's the justice?

ithe bitch was on season why was it racing

if the bitch was on season why was it racing

Race was on 15/1/15 the bitch was scratched   17/1/15 for being in season. knowing bit about this case i believe that Peter was railroaded  and not really been allowed to properly defend himself.... in other words an easy fine  get it over and done with sort of thing...........................  $50 more fine for fraud??????????????????????  

moral of the story deny deny deny.

I find it hard to believe they are holding a hearing over a pair of pants!!! Surely there are bigger fish to fry in this industry that they should be sorting out. What next?? What rubbish.

That hearing was held months ago Iteruka.

I simply added to an older thread as it dealt with the JCA.

They have already fried the big fish too. A $300 fine & a 30 day holiday sure showed the criminal who the boss was.