RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mmmyb

Stand-Downs

Oh Eye See now. How on earth is it able to line up? That really is a case to behold and one worth other trainers taking note of! I can't make any sense of it what so ever, maybe it's a RIU decision? It certainly shouldn't matter who trains the dog but the question is does it? Would Joe's fighter down the road who hasn't been able to requalify in atleast two attempts in Australia and clearly stood down for three months be allowed to start? Freeman just has far too many 'guns' for the people at the so called top of the ladder.

I dont think its Paul's 'sinister' plan to line up the dog before its suspension ends......and its not his job entirely to say when he can nom the dog.....its a process you go through with the import, and the association is a massive component here that should guide Paul (and they probably have) and communicate at what the dog has to do once it is here (requaly etc) or when the dog can line up. 

I dont think its Paul's 'sinister' plan to line up the dog before its suspension ends......and its not his job entirely to say when he can nom the dog.....its a process you go through with the import, and the association is a massive component here that should guide Paul (and they probably have) and communicate at what the dog has to do once it is here (requaly etc) or when the dog can line up. 

I don't know if there is a sinister plan at play here or not. Therefore I haven't singled out anyone to point a finger at.

1) If a dog receives a stand-down, isn't the actual dogs paperwork marked in some manner to point out the stand-down?

• If so, has the paperwork for "Rebel Away" been endorsed with the second stand-down?
  • If it has, then why has it been able to compete in two races prior to its stand-down being completed?
  • If it had but was since rescinded, where is the documentation for this. (does Australia have an equivalent to our JCA which could do so?)
  • If it hasn't, then why not?

2) Then the biggest question of all, if it still should be stood-down, why doesn't GRNZ have procedures in place to ensure it isn't accepted for a field if it has been nominated?

Hang on, it doesn't matter what we (NZ) do, the dog was given the ticket and is stood down regardless.

Steward's/ Clearance trials in NSW are different to NZ in that they are conducted at race meetings under race conditions, weighed in, kennelled and subject to the same rules, conditions, swabbing procedures, penalties etc.as in races.

• If a dog is given a 56 day stand down for breaking a hock in one of these trials does that mean it could race in NZ three weeks later ?
  • If the dog is swabbed in the trial and returns positive and the trainer is rubbed out for life does that mean he/she can come to NZ and train tomorrow ?
  • If the dog weighed in at 31kg at it's last race start but weighed in at 30kg in the trial and comes to NZ six weeks later and weighs in at 33kg is it ok to start ? Which weight do they go off, the last actual race start or the last recorded weight ?    
  • If in one of these trials the dog puts on the greatest exhibition of fighting ever seen and is given a 3rd offence marring ticket for twelve months and then comes to NZ four months later and after a clearance trial at it's next start is drawn against Blitzing Mayhem in a heat of the NZ Cup are you going to happily accept that it is OK to start ?

Greg get a grip , all the things you quoted are not facts , and as a steward yourself you should be quoting facts about this dog , and what you are saying is not facts as you are making other things that have nothing to do with this case ,  tell me where under our rules does it say you can put a dog out for failing to pursue or fighting in a trial ?( which our rules clearly don't ) and in this case I would have no problems running against this dog as long as it is within the rules .

Greg , last point is you have dogs who run in three dog performance trials and can race over there, they cannot come here and race until they run in a four dog trial as is clearly stated in our rules unless they have already started in a race before they land here .

Steve, tell me where in the rules does it say that a penalty applied by another Authority cannot be adhered to or can be revoked. The dog infringed and incurred the penalty under the rules of the state where it raced/trialled. That's a fact and the penalty stands.   

And whilst the other scenarios may be hypotheticals they are just as relevant because they can very well occur as this did. Last month you could have said the same about this case but here it is now very real. You can't be selective and just shrug any of them off. You can't hedge your bets, either it applies to all or none. 

An Authority needs to have parameters etc. in place to deal with these types of situations in case they arise.   

Greg , I will say one thing I wish our rules were uniform , but they are not , as with the qually  rule over there to ours here they are different as is the stand down rules , as is the grading rule , grnz  have one policy on imports and that is they are all graded and treated under our rules , so at the end of the day you can not put a dog out here in a trial end of story .

Maidens and Performance Trials........no argument as it is stated in the rules.

The other is totally different...........Where are the rules ?  

End of story if it trialled in NZ but it didn't trial in NZ. It trialled under the rules of another state in which the penalty was legally applied and binding.

Just a quick question. 

If as you say in Oz they only need to qualify in a 3 dog field before racing.

And Nz law / rules say all dogs must complete in a 4 dog qually ,

does that mean all imports to nz should be classed as C0 as they have never under nz rules completed in a 4 dog qually trial as per under nz rules 

tell me where under our rules does it say you can put a dog out for failing to pursue or fighting in a trial ?( which our rules clearly don't ) 

No offence Hound Fan, but there are two sides to every story.

Where in our rules does it say a ticket received in a clearance trail over the ditch has no lingering effect here?

"Stewards issued Rebel Away with a second Failed To Pursue endorsement, As a

consequence the greyhound is suspended at all tracks for a 3 month period."

I believe a stand-down is just that, regardless of which country it was issued.

Potentially, this dog could have come to our shores, requalified, had 10 clear runs & had the endorsement removed prior to the suspension period being completed.

That's a bit scary isn't it?

No offence taken , there is nothing in the rules as there is nothing in the nsw rules to say it effects nz rules , my point still is that under our rules you can not put a dog out in a re trial as it also says that there must be 4 dogs here to race in one , over there 3 or whatever ..Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe the dog did run in a re trial before starting here.

Maybe the nzgra should implement a new rule that states any dog imported from Australia that has had a ticket regardless of whether it's the first or second offence will be stood down here for 12mths if it fights or turns within the 10 clear run's. That should limit the amount of fighters we get palmed off cause the risk verse investment factor would be to great for most.

If a dog has had a 2nd offence and then has 10 clear runs does it lose all other offences or just the 2nd offence .

i.e. has been put out a 2nd time got the 3 months then has say 11 clear runs and offends again does it get 1 month or 3 months ? 

Granted some rules are different from state to state / countries etc. however suspensions. indiscretions, disqualifications, stand downs etc. are mutually honoured by the other Authorities once enforced irrespective of where they were given out. They were incurred under the rules of racing of that body.

If that is not the case in New Zealand then someone in Authority needs to come out and state otherwise so that everyone knows and is on the same page. 

Otherwise the rumours, innuendo and conspiracy theories and perceptions of bias will continue and cause angst and division amongst participants.

you have one chance to clear your record , if it was not used after the dogs 1st offence you are allowed to use the 10 runs after it's second offence , as was the case with nonna's girl , reiley's mate and although they were on 12mth suspensions neither fought or failed to pursue again . but you only get one chance .