RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mmmyb

Stand-Downs

Just looked up who it is and are you having a joke? I do not believe for one second that this trainer would be using anything out of the ordinary on his dogs, time will tell i geuss though, will be interesting to see what he has proved a positive swab to but i would think that this one was most likely an accident

One would think it must be pretty serious if he has changed all the dogs over to another trainers name, must know he has done something really bad and is waiting for the book to be thrown at him, not a good look for the president of a club.

I heard it might have something to do with field manipulation at Manawatu GRC but only a rumor.

Yea I agree with you here, no ill intent at all, just a simple mistake that anyone could make.

what a load of crap, why are these trainers that get caught always blaming  there partner or wife

Trainer is responsible and no one cares if it was the partner or wife, or little child, trainer has positive swab, end of story, you are the trainer and take the wrap

what a load of crap, why are these trainers that get caught always blaming  there partner or wife

Trainer is responsible and no one cares if it was the partner or wife, or little child, trainer has positive swab, end of story, you are the trainer and take the wrap

He did in fact "take the wrap".

He admitted to breaking the rules and was fined for doing so, which to me shows integrity.

He didn't try to contest the charge by trying to find some loop-hole within the rules or something to that effect.

Maybe they are saying exactly what happened and that's the truth. No blame at all.

Mrs Patton administered the gel. Admitted.

Mr Patton took complete responsibility being the trainer.

For goodness sake johnnyboy. Get a hold of yourself. Not blaming people . Just saying who gave the banned substance.

Yep as I said earlier honest mistake from a non sinister trainer, why dont they broaden what they test for in this country? We pick up gels, eye drops, poppy seeds etc yet we have dogs running around in this country with performance enhancing poison in their system but it doesn't turn a positive!

Yep as I said earlier honest mistake from a non sinister trainer, why dont they broaden what they test for in this country? We pick up gels, eye drops, poppy seeds etc yet we have dogs running around in this country with performance enhancing poison in their system but it doesn't turn a positive!

And unfortunately they have set no thresholds for their testing. The machines they use today would pick up one drop of urine in Lake Taupo, so where are the boundaries?

A little harsh in my opinion.

WhoKnows, I believe your post re cobalt chloride was meant for this thread in reply to my earlier post. You're on to it.. Add arsenic to the list aswell! Its time to get with the times RIU, stop worrying about what dogs have had an accidental chocolate bar and actually ensure dogs are racing clean and we have an even playing field for all

participants!

Mammy Brown,

6 Day stand down so it can race in Waterloo Cup.

Hmmm

Same trainer, different dog, similar scenario.

Winsome Jenny,

6 Day stand down so it can race in Wellington Cup Final on the 23rd

"Winsome Jenny Rule 82.1 from 16 Jan 2015 to 22 Jan 2015"

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11535/stewards-report.aspx

Quite convenient that it'll miss its C1 520 appointment on Wednesday 21st.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11540/93973/field-detail.aspx

Maybe the official wandering eyes may want to have a look at this?

History tends to repeat.

Hmmm

Same trainer, different dog, similar scenario.

Winsome Jenny,

6 Day stand down so it can race in Wellington Cup Final on the 23rd

"Winsome Jenny Rule 82.1 from 16 Jan 2015 to 22 Jan 2015"

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11535/stewards-report.aspx

Quite convenient that it'll miss its C1 520 appointment on Wednesday 21st.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11540/93973/field-detail.aspx

Maybe the official wandering eyes may want to have a look at this?

History tends to repeat.

Hmmm

Gee whiz that's interesting. What's the odds it will be rearing to go on Friday night? $1.01? Would love to know the reason! Guess Rozo had no idea last night when he was telling everyone it would be obliged to run on Wednesday.

Massive run tho, looks a talent and a half. Anyone know what sort of times she was trialling up?

Yankiwi, you should apply for a RIU job. Your such an astute observer. ;)

Thanks MM,

That suggestion has been made on here before, which I quickly rejected as even a remote possibility.

I can't envision myself being surrounded by ex-jockeys & sulky drivers as co-workers. I have absolutely no interest in horses (punting, owning or even looking at them), other than feeding one to my dog possibly.

Woof woof.  :)

Anyone know what the story is with Puma Pants being scratched on Tuesday? No stand down in the stipe's report and all set to line up tomorrow?

No idea Reilly.. but not a surprise either...

Phat Pants raced on the 7th (Tuesday) at Addington in the 8th race. She was stood down after her run for 3 months for not pursuing. Remarkably somehow her stand-down started on the 6th.

"Phat Pants Rule 79.1b from 06 Apr 2015 to 06 Jul 2015"

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11632/stewards-report.aspx

Sometimes it seems as though we only get half of the information and that information is riddled with errors.

Can someone with knowledge of how FTP stand-downs work with imports have a look at this one.

"Rebel Away" had a FTP charge at Wentworth on 5/12/14.

It then failed a clearance trial at Wentworth on 22/12/14.

It attempted a second clearance trial at Richmond, which failed, on 21/01/15 and incurred a three month suspension because of it.

"Rebel Away was trialling to clear a failed to pursue endorsement incurred from Wentworth Park 5/12/14.
The greyhound had previously failed a clearance trial at Wentworth Park on 22/12/14 when it eased in
running, and it again performed similarly today when easing in the run to the first turn and tailing out
throughout the trial. Stewards issued Rebel Away with a second Failed To Pursue endorsement, As a
consequence the greyhound is suspended at all tracks for a 3 month period.
"

http://www.thedogs.com.au/uploads/pdfs/227258.pdf

After that point it transferred to NZ and ran a qualifying trial an Wanganui on 11/03/15. It then was entered in two tote races, one on 20/03/15 finishing in third place & the second on 08/04/15 finishing forth.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/greyhounds/profiles.aspx?AnimalID=27929

My question, why is a dog that received a second FTP charge on 21/01/15 and stood down for 3 months allowed to race prior to 21/04/15?