RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mmmyb

Stand-Downs

Mammy Brown,

6 Day stand down so it can race in Waterloo Cup.

Hmmm

Very convenient isn't it?

I didn't see the race yesterday, but it sure does seem a bit, well, lucky.

Regardless, she has next to no track form in Auckland, so in my opinion, the best she'll see is a $200 stake for showing up.

This isn't the sort of race you normally see any dog turn track form around in. She's had easier races to win/place on the track and in those she didn't fall 6 days prior.

Mammy Brown,

6 Day stand down so it can race in Waterloo Cup.

Hmmm

Just another joke from the mickey mouse show, I see another trainer got fined 2k for a positive to Morphine, i think trainers should start feeding Poppy seed bread, beacuse  the  fines are so ridiculous it is worth taking a risk

There's no stand down for this one (that I can find anywhere) but it could be very interesting to see how it pans out.

Gibbonator won a C4 race (12) on Friday night in Wanganui.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11438/92566/result-detail.aspx

There's nothing in the stewards report mentioning any sort of injury or vet check after Fridays race.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11438/stewards-report.aspx

He's been scratched from race 11 in Palmy today.

https://www.tab.co.nz/racing/#2014-10-29-m9-r11

He is drawn for race 6 in box 3 for the Galaxy Heats on Friday at Addington.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11446/92700/field-detail.aspx

I have no evidence nor am I implying that anything sinister is happening in this matter. I am however suggesting that today's stewards report for the Palmy meet could be an interesting read in regards to why he is unable to race today. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he'll be ready to go in 46.5 hours time (most spent travelling?) after being unable to race in the 11th today.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/11443/stewards-report.aspx

"Race 11 Personal Protection Services Ltd PN C4 - C4 - 375 Gibbonator Rule 64.12 from 24 Oct 2014 to 30 Oct 2014"

64.12 Any Greyhound which is withdrawn through injury or illness after publication of the Box Draw, or after a Heat or a Semi Final or Final of a Totalisator Race, shall incur a ten day stand down from the date of the withdrawal.  The Nominator must produce to the Club within two working days of the start of the Meeting:

a. A Veterinarian’s certificate if a Totalisator Meeting.  The Veterinarian’s certificate must be in the following prescribed form:  
i. Identification of the Greyhound by name and ear brand and/or micro- chipping;  
ii. A detailed medical description of the specific injury or illness for each dog scratched. A statement that a Greyhound is “unfit to race” will not be sufficient.  
iii. Date and time of Veterinarian’s inspection.  
iv. The Veterinarian’s suggested period of stand down from racing, or period of recuperation.

b. A Veterinarian’s certificate or a declaration by the Nominator stating the condition of the Greyhound if a Non Totalisator Meeting.

64.13 The 10-day stand down may be varied by:

a. A Steward at a Totalisator Meeting on production of the Greyhound to the officiating Veterinarian on the day, or on production of a Veterinarian certificate by another approved race day Veterinarian.

b. A Steward or Authorised Person at a Non Totalisator Meeting on the production of the Greyhound to them in the absence of a Veterinarian.  

That's rather convenient isn't it?

Not vetted after the race on Friday night (24 Oct) yet the stand-down includes the 24th which is the night he won. (How can a dog be stood down from injury/illness on a day that it had already won a race?) 

Not given the standard 10 day stand-down as it's been varied to expire the day before it's start in Friday's heat.

So we're left to believe the "injury" or "illness" hasn't healed completely in time for his race today but it's expected to be completely healed 46 1/2 hours later when a great deal of that time will be travelling between islands in a trailer.

That's a very interesting therapy for a sick or injured dog.

Maybe we as humans could look at making hospitals redundant & start treating people to full health in an ambulance.

What do those Tui billboards say again?

Thinking about this a bit more can someone explain how this was even possible?

The dog races and wins on Friday night, isn't injured or does not receive a stand-down according to the stipes report.

But then in the stipes report on Wednesday it states the dog has a 7 day stand-down period which started on Friday.

The only way I can see this is legal is if after the races on Friday night the dog was taken to a race-day approved vet and got a stand down for 7 days, which is highly, highly unlikely as none would even be open, and if it was injured why not get it stood down at the track?

If this didn't happen then either a forged vet certificate has been produced, or the vet has written a vet certificate out and back-dated it, can anyone come up with any other possibilities which aren't so corrupt?

Thinking about this a bit more can someone explain how this was even possible?

The dog races and wins on Friday night, isn't injured or does not receive a stand-down according to the stipes report.

But then in the stipes report on Wednesday it states the dog has a 7 day stand-down period which started on Friday.

The only way I can see this is legal is if after the races on Friday night the dog was taken to a race-day approved vet and got a stand down for 7 days, which is highly, highly unlikely as none would even be open, and if it was injured why not get it stood down at the track?

If this didn't happen then either a forged vet certificate has been produced, or the vet has written a vet certificate out and back-dated it, can anyone come up with any other possibilities which aren't so corrupt?

If the dog's stand-down started on "Friday" will the winning purse be returned and the official standings of the race be changed?

Why was it allowed to race on Friday if it was injured/ill?

The dog did win on Friday night in meet best time. That's quite heroic for an injured or sick animal.

Race 12 started at 21:43, meaning the race would have been run, podium pictures taken and finally returned to the kennel area for a wash down at about 21:50. That leaves only about 2 hours until midnight & the beginning Saturday, a day when a race day vet might be available to see the dog.

Since the dog was either injured or ill enough so it couldn't race on Wednesday, is the welfare officer aware that it is being treated back to full health in a trailer on a boat crossing the Cook Straight on a very windy day?

Yes, a lot of questions without any legitimate answers.

Why is it that punters can see past the current day, yet the officials being paid to keep integrity in the industry are blinded to tomorrow?

Another Tui please.

It could have sustained an injury during the run, the trainer does this sort of thing all the time so im not suprised one bit that this has happened.

If it sustained an injury during the run it would have been vetted after the race at the track, not in the two hours between 10:00pm & midnight somewhere other than at the track, wouldn't it?

Yes I hope is scratched from it's Galaxy start. Then it might make all the damning evidence a moved point. I doubt it will be though because it'd be very "inconvenient" to have missed out on it's bonus run in C4 Wednesday because it was sick and endured a double crossing of the Cook straight in uncomfortable conditions for nothing.

Yankiwi.

Lots of injuries show up the next day or longer. Sometimes a dog is vetted after a race and is cleared but an injury can become apparent afterwards.

Yes. It does look dodgy but is legitimate in many cases.

Either a bit of peer pressure or an actual health concern has lead to a scratching of Gibbonator in today's heat run.

https://www.tab.co.nz/racing/#2014-10-31-m9-r6

I still would like to know what off-track race day vet is open in the two hours between 10:00pm & 11:59pm on a Friday night in the CD to produce a legitimate vet certificate.

Yankiwi.

Lots of injuries show up the next day or longer. Sometimes a dog is vetted after a race and is cleared but an injury can become apparent afterwards.

Yes. It does look dodgy but is legitimate in many cases.

Can you sign either SC or CS at the end so we can tell which one of you is posting, just makes things clearer.

Hey guys, if you scratch a dog on friday but dont get it vetted till say sunday the stand down still starts from the friday when the dog was scratched. No matter when the dog is presented to a vet. It could have been scratched when he got home and maybe found it to be sore and not presented till the next meeting. Stand down still starts from the friday!!

The stripes need to inform punters what is going on, with beating open for cup and galaxy heats . Punters are getting sick of all the crap that is going on with greyhound racing in nz, I see we have another positve swab that is to be investigated, what is it this time, bread, eye drops?

Hi. 1st time caller long time listener, or should that be reader. Anyway, all these positive swabs for eye drops, bread etc are indeed farcical, 99% of the time the positive swabs in this country are against 'innocent' trainers and are non performance enhancing! Meanwhile we are failing to test for some of the 'stuff' that is giving some an unfair advantage! I believe a similar comment has been made in the past and I certainly agree. As for the Freeman thing well wouldn't it be a good look for the industry if 2 of our top trainer's cant even

have their name to their dogs!