RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Hmmm

"Trainer C Roberts admitted a breach of Rule 88.1.o in that he was negligent in presenting ZULU CHANEL to race instead of ZULU MERCEDES. This matter will now be referred to the JCA. "

Thoughts people? How can this happen? :-/

Possibly a bit more common than you might think. On Thursday night at sandown I was talking to Darren mcdonalds worker and he made the same mistake. He said they have 3 brothers, all identical and all raced on the Sunday. When they were taken home that night the wrong collar was put back on the wrong dog therefore put in the wrong kennel. This mistake obviously wasn't picked up on until the wrong dog was presented at kenneling.

How's this for a stuff up? In the 3rd race that same night, he 7 was a late scratching by order of the stewards because the handler has forgotten to get her dog out of the kennel for the race. Apparently turned up 3 mins before start time with the rest of the dogs already in the parade yard so was scratched.

I've heard of people bringing the wrong dog to the races before, but I just assumed they had some routines on course to check each dogs identity so we don't get a Fine Cotton scandal.

I'm assuming the only way they found out was because it was called for a swab after it's race? Which is interesting as it finished 7th and was paying $14...

Hmmm interesting.

ZULU MERCEDES (3), KNOW ANTERNET (4) and PROTONIC PEDRO (8) were slow to begin. ZULU MERCEDES (3) checked off the heels of MALCY (7) before shifting wider on the track and colliding with KNOW ANTERNET (4) which was forced onto KINLOCH SILVER (6). MALCY (7) and COLDRUM (10) collided racing into the back straight. OPAWA UNO (5) was dragged down by MALCY (7) early in the run home.

I remember at Manukau a few moons ago..a pair of littermates from leading kennel,one lower grade dog and other higher grade.

Both successfully passed kenneling process,and first made it onto track and raced..finished unplaced.

It was only when second dog was being race rugged and ears checked that error was discovered!!!!!!!

"Trainer C Roberts admitted a breach of Rule 88.1.o in that he was negligent in presenting ZULU CHANEL to race instead of ZULU MERCEDES. This matter will now be referred to the JCA. "

ZULU MERCEDES (3), KNOW ANTERNET (4) and PROTONIC PEDRO (8) were slow to begin. ZULU MERCEDES (3) checked off the heels of MALCY (7) before shifting wider on the track and colliding with KNOW ANTERNET (4) which was forced onto KINLOCH SILVER (6). MALCY (7) and COLDRUM (10) collided racing into the back straight. OPAWA UNO (5) was dragged down by MALCY (7) early in the run home.

Very interesting indeed.

I've had a look through my TAB account summary and low & behold I had a $5 FF place @ $3.40 and a $5 place (tote) punt on Zulu Mercedes in the first race.

12 Sep 14   12 Sep 14 12:11   O  
1901 Final Fld Place Deductions Apply
  FPW       $5.00   3 @$3.40 $5.00   Not winner 12 Sep 14   12 Sep 14 12:08   O   M9 CHCG Race 1   PLC       $5.00  
3. Zulu Mercedes
$5.00   Not winner

The money has been taken out of my account as losing bets, yet the dog I had bet on never even started the race.

Not good enough.

I now feel I'm owed $10 by someone, but whom?

I for one, will not be letting this one be swept under the carpet. My $10 was taken from me under false pretenses and I want it returned!

If the dog had of won would you be offering to pay back the winning ?

The dog didn't win, it came second last. It was a ring in and the lucky thing for the industry is that it DIDN'T win. If I backed the dog I'd be pissed off as well. Let's not beat around the bush here, local turnover is diabolical at the moment ( just look at the Thursday day meeting every week ) an by treating punters with such incompetence and amateurishness is certainly not going to improve that. Let's start treating punters with respect and trying to offer a world class service and actually growing the industry. I cannot believe that something like this can happen in 2014. Some major questions have to be asked.

If the dog had of won would you be offering to pay back the winning ?

I believe the entire race should be abandoned.

How can I lose money punting on a dog when the selection I had made never made it to the starting box?

What if I had punted on a specific greyhound and they put a poodle into the starting box?

If it had injured itself on the way to the boxes, thus becoming a non starter, it would have been late scratched and I would have been refunded. How is this any different?

I think some of you have got the wrong end of the stick, the correct dog actually did race as far as I know, the wrong dog was just presented for kennelling.

The correct dog was allowed to kennel late after being brought to the track after the error had been realised by kennel staff hence why it was swabbed.

Still no excuse for not knowing your own dogs but I don't think a ring in situation was involved.

I think some of you have got the wrong end of the stick, the correct dog actually did race as far as I know, the wrong dog was just presented for kennelling.

The correct dog was allowed to kennel late after being brought to the track after the error had been realised by kennel staff hence why it was swabbed.

Still no excuse for not knowing your own dogs but I don't think a ring in situation was involved.

Cheers for that, the only information I'm going off is that from the stipes report, which doesn't exactly explain the situation in the detail it should have IMO. They normally always state that a dog was allowed to kennel late for so and so reason, but nothing like that yesterday which made me believe they realised the error post-race.

Thanks for the info Mcmissile.

If that is indeed the fact then why would there be a need to pass it on the the JCA?

I would think that presenting the wrong dog at kenneling would be only a minor infringement and be dealt with on the day as the charge was admitted.

JCA to me means probably an investigation is coming.

I'll save my rant to the TAB until the matter is settled. It's only a tenner this time and not a major. If the tenner had another zero or two, it'd be a more urgent story.

Thoughts people? How can this happen? :-/

This matter has been settled.

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-ac-roberts-penalty-decision-and-reasons-of-judicial-committee-dated-22-september-2014

The correct dog ran in the race which was my major concern.

And yet again Craig Roberts brings the wrong dog to the races ( refer the stripes report last night) , or rather doesn't bring the dog at all, sitting up in the North Island apparently.....seems to be becoming a bit of a habit.