RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tatura

Per Incanto

There is another option for you Insider. The NZB South Island Sale catalogue has come online and there are 6 Per Incanto yearlings listed ( 3 colts, 3 fillies).

Their inclusion will make the sale interesting this year especially if a PI wins the Manawatu Sires Produce --the hype will go into over drive.

I'm a huge Per Incanto fan, have been since day one. But was a big shock for me that they jumped straight to 15k, I was thinking more like 10-12k, especially being central districts. But good on them putting at 15k and getting a full book already. puts him out of my price range now, I just hope there's still some cheap ones at the sales this year!

Showcasing is still the top first season and 2yo sire at $7500. He's a good choice FOR MINE. I doubt his fee will skyrocket to the extent of Per Incanto's

As Breeder has said there are other sires that may be a good chance and not all horses by Per I will be good,after all that's the nature of breeding.

I see the other Street Cry sire Shocking has had two runners for two placed and it would seem obvious the they are not likely to be early 2yo runners. Maybe he will be a top chance as a sire when they reach three.

I reckon 12k for SC......I'm waiting as our mare is off to him,

I think a service fee of upto $30k can be easily justified, given the success his progeny is enjoying.

With Street Cry now gone, Per Incanto is proving to be a real successor.

They should be more selective on the quality of the book of mares, rather than taking a first come first served approach IMO.

Must be a very exciting position to be in.

I think you'll find Sam and the shareholders will take up most of the 140, very little outside mares, wonder though if any Aussie black typers got a whiff?

I had made my comments on this stallion before they raced and choose him as my prediction as leading first season sire.

The more I see the more I think they will also get to 1600m and possibly 2000m from some mares as older horses.

I pick Da Cielo by Per Incanto to win the Group One Sires Produce.

The Machiavellian sire line has worked very well in New Zealand and Australia.

Congrats to Sam and LA Stud

First time trying quote so hopefully this works.

A few more predictions and I don't mind sticking my neck out in making them!

Da Cielo and Nahema to quinella the Manawatu Sires.

Per Incanto to hit an O'Reilly service fee level in 4 years time.

Shocking to make an impact with his progeny as 3 yo's.

Jakkalberry to make an impact with his progeny as 3 yo's.

Machiavellian line stallions who performed on firm tracks are a smart choice.

I think a service fee of upto $30k can be easily justified, given the success his progeny is enjoying.

With Street Cry now gone, Per Incanto is proving to be a real successor.

They should be more selective on the quality of the book of mares, rather than taking a first come first served approach IMO.

Must be a very exciting position to be in.

Dream on. $30k is not justifiable in today's climate. And I like the horse, and have bred a nice colt. In time yes, and if he stacks up in Australia - then more.

I think you'll find Sam and the shareholders will take up most of the 140, very little outside mares, wonder though if any Aussie black typers got a whiff?

This is exactly what the studs do when a stallions progeny become valuable. A similar thing happened with Rip Van Winkle prior to the start of last breeding season. The average breeder doesn't get a look in,and quite frankly when it comes to buying shares in new stallions from the bigger studs only selected breeders are approached.It seems that one must endeavor to take a risk, buy at an early stage,say at the weanling sale,and hope the untried stallions progeny are successful. There were cheap buys of Per I but I know of some that aren't showing much ,yet.

I see the LA gang are being very clever again. Dal Cielo is being aimed at the ATC Sires Produce in Sydney. As well as being a good race to win it is a very clever marketing / promotional move. Even if he comes 2nd or 3rd it will promote PI very well.

" I think you'll find Sam and the shareholders will take up most of the 140 ..." If that is the case why would you put the fee up and not just put a limited book number --same end result?

This is exactly what the studs do when a stallions progeny become valuable. A similar thing happened with Rip Van Winkle prior to the start of last breeding season. The average breeder doesn't get a look in,and quite frankly when it comes to buying shares in new stallions from the bigger studs only selected breeders are approached.It seems that one must endeavor to take a risk, buy at an early stage,say at the weanling sale,and hope the untried stallions progeny are successful. There were cheap buys of Per I but I know of some that aren't showing much ,yet.

You're correct Tatura, I was wondering what happened to the two that went through in Sydney last year? haven't been seen. Here in NZ though he is going great guns, lovely horse, very kind and with a super confirmation. He has a 'lady' handler, she is wonderful with him and a home for life I would imagine.

I think, and its only my opinion mind, if they put the fee up now, with the advice limited book, it creates a 'want' in the market place. Therefore next year they can even increase the fee again should he have a super 3yo season.......it's a base thing, test the market if you like. I've seen it happen before, many studs in Oz dis this, mainly the biggies up in the Hunter. Accepted practice, to them anyway.