RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tatura

Per Incanto

I seem to remember they did that last year [ Sydney Sales] - and had one of the best first season sires average didn't they?? Somebody help me here....

You are 100% correct. Little Avondale took four[?] last year to the Classic Sale in Sydney [held before Karaka] where they sold really well. That then set the bench mark for the majority that then sold at Karaka. There may have even been one in the MM Sale before that.

It was a great marketing exercise to get them going [sold] but the horses themselves have done the talking ever since.

They are certainly ok. 

Hopefully he is a super star stallion and reinvigorates CD breeding.  

Lot 645 in Select looks a nice type.

You are 100% correct. Little Avondale took four[?] last year to the Classic Sale in Sydney [held before Karaka] where they sold really well. That then set the bench mark for the majority that then sold at Karaka. There may have even been one in the MM Sale before that.

It was a great marketing exercise to get them going [sold] but the horses themselves have done the talking ever since.

They are certainly ok. 

Hopefully he is a super star stallion and reinvigorates CD breeding.  

I fear his service fee will climb out of my range now, good luck to LA though, he's worth every cent. Aussie breeders will flock to the Rapa, just hope he gets one that slays them in an Oz classic, haven't seen any from last years Sydney summer pop up yet, fingers crossed.

Huey , I don't know the answer to your question. But if it was the case then it is really bad luck for them.

I sort of know how they would feel --I sold a great colt some time ago ( nothing like $310K) , my first sale through an auction and it was a fantastic feeling for about 2hours until the scope test was done and it failed. Not only that, but it was very unusual as the problem was on the opposite side of the throat to normal. So I came down to earth very quickly.

Agree! They have heart as well as ability, they chase, and that's so bloody important. Great to see that little filly give as good as she got on Sat even though she went under......they come in all shapes and sizes the Per Incanto's, but the stallion himself is a cracker with a lovely temperament.

I had made my comments on this stallion before they raced and choose him as my prediction as leading first season sire.

The more I see the more I think they will also get to 1600m and possibly 2000m from some mares as older horses.

I pick Da Cielo by Per Incanto to win the Group One Sires Produce.

The Machiavellian sire line has worked very well in New Zealand and Australia.

Congrats to Sam and LA Stud

I'd strongly suggest checking on who will be on the JCA panel that day before placing any bets though. ;)

At least it shouldn't be Seabrook down in the CD.

Maybe someone can confiscate his passport to stop him travelling. Maybe Little Avondale can offer a reward to keep him at home.

When asked this same question I said $15,000. I was then told that I was correct. I think that you will find 15k it will be, unless there is a change of mind before it's made public.

In my opinion it's about right for what he's done and I will be booking in a mare I think. I haven't done it yet though. I suppose that I shouldn't wait too long!

What do others think?

Was interesting watching Weigh in Sam Williams had the chest puffed out and straight after him the interview with Rick Williams was the complete opposite. Selling nares off loading horses to China what a fickle industry we live being involved with.

I think a service fee of upto $30k can be easily justified, given the success his progeny is enjoying.

With Street Cry now gone, Per Incanto is proving to be a real successor.

They should be more selective on the quality of the book of mares, rather than taking a first come first served approach IMO.

Must be a very exciting position to be in.

Offically $15K.

And book full (140).

As of 14 March 2015.

Yes, and it looks like I am too late! 

Breeder, I should have taken your advice, but then again with all the negativity that this site generally permeates I didn't think that there would be too many around even wanting to pay 15k, especially in the CD. It's was only earlier today that someone told me that that racing in the CD was stuffed, so you can see how I was led into a false security of no worries, I will get in!

Incidentally, the racing at Trentham today was fantastic, with the tracking playing fairly, with NO bias in sight.

Oh to own the Oaks or the Cuddle winner. Gold mines of the future.

Keep trying Insider , there are a few other good stallions around ( possible cheaper than PI now). You can always go to PI next year.

Don't forget winners come from anywhere --I've been following Exquisite Jewel ( 4th in the Oaks) --the owners picked her up from the Festival Sale for $500. If they take her over to Queensland for their Oaks ( I think it is in their winter carnival) she will be a big hope on a softer track.

Showcasing is still the top first season and 2yo sire at $7500. He's a good choice FOR MINE. I doubt his fee will skyrocket to the extent of Per Incanto's

As Breeder has said there are other sires that may be a good chance and not all horses by Per I will be good,after all that's the nature of breeding.

I see the other Street Cry sire Shocking has had two runners for two placed and it would seem obvious the they are not likely to be early 2yo runners. Maybe he will be a top chance as a sire when they reach three.