RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tatura

Per Incanto

I am not sure if a win over 800 metres at Wanganui,against other first starters would suggest a great season ahead but good luck to the connections it has started off in good fashion.Ihave been wrong on the odd occasion before

I'm hoping you're right about "odd".

I am not sure if a win over 800 metres at Wanganui,against other first starters would suggest a great season ahead but good luck to the connections it has started off in good fashion.Ihave been wrong on the odd occasion before

Crusty you may be proven right but who knows.

I remember Centaine starting his career in identical fashion with the first 2YO winner of the season, I think at Counties.

Best of luck to Sam, Cat and the LA team!

I think Per Incanto is a real big chance for many reasons and I have him as my first pick for leading 2yo sire in the racecafe online competition on this breeding forum.

There are countless great types by Per Incanto and many of the ones I have seen have a quality about them much like Per Incanto himself.

Street Cry has done extra well and this continues with his sons Street Sense and Street Boss.

The Machivellian line has worked in NZ already with No Excuse Needed.

Per Incanto had the track ability and only misfortune after he left Italy prevented him from continuing what he had already shown.

Champion Sprinter in Italy Pappa Reale, Per Incanto's dam was by Indian Ridge a top sire and broodmare sire.

Early days but I know of many Per Incanto's who have just turned two will show a lot as late 2 yo's and as 3 yo.

Crusty you may be proven right but who knows.

I remember Centaine starting his career in identical fashion with the first 2YO winner of the season, I think at Counties.

Best of luck to Sam, Cat and the LA team!

Agreed, best of luck to LA, however one must confess the run of the 2nd horse was magic. To see an early 2yo give that start and just miss points to a nice career for that filly. She dwarfed the winner, so the winner has a big heart, just hope Per Incanto throws nice sized foals cos this baby is going to struggle carrying weight.

Agreed, best of luck to LA, however one must confess the run of the 2nd horse was magic. To see an early 2yo give that start and just miss points to a nice career for that filly. She dwarfed the winner, so the winner has a big heart, just hope Per Incanto throws nice sized foals cos this baby is going to struggle carrying weight.

The one that got 2nd is huge, 17hamds already apparently, hence making Hocus Pocus look so small..

My maiden mare had a good sized per Incanto colt first up. One factor that will help his prodgeny is the great temperament they all have. Now We have all heard stud masters talk about good temperaments but they are outstanding to handle, and I've had a few on the farm now. ( I have no interest in the horse or any to sell)

Rocanto ultra impressive today.

The scary thing is that there are so many nice ones out there and who knows what heights will be reached in 12 months time.

He has really stamped them.

Guess you can say he is justifying his $103,000 average at the Ready to Run.

He just kept trying all the way up the straight. He won that on pure heart, a great start for him. This stallion is a dynamo! and to pat him he's a pussy cat, he's like a kids hack he's so quiet. But whoa behold anyone that get;s between him and his feeder/manger, boy does he like a feed!

Has any stallion ever started as well as Per Incanto?

What is the record for 2yo winners for a first season sire?

From memory Centaine had about 20 2Y0 winners from his first crop, about 8 or so by the January sales. 

Straight Stike also did very well with around 17 first crop 2YO winners. I think even Khairpour may have had 6 or 7 winners by the time of the January yearling sales in hist first season.

No doubt Per Incanto going very well so good luck to the LA team. I wonder if the 2YO competition is as strong today as it was 20 or 30 years back. Seems to be less 2Yo racing in general to me.