RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
richie

D.Walker again

" Racing Integrity Unit operations manager Mike Godber said that while the unit had discussions with the codes about the rules it ''had no public position'' on head-to-head betting."

..so Mike Godber and the integrity unit just 'bend in the wind' depending on the 'wind's' direction Eigh :o

for christs sake., you're meant to be a stoic and steadfast institution!

the bet has to 'go'...and the cellphones in the raceday Confines have to 'go' Too, on top of the riders being banned from betting on their racedays.

And you seriously think that was the first time Oliver ever had a punt on another horse  ..........  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dirty crooked little toe-rag of an aussie and he deserved 2-3 years, not a slap on hand and back for the big races. :ph34r:

Most of the NZ jockeys punt and a few undoubtedly punt against themselves, whatever, like I said previously it ain't the worse thing to happen at a racecourse and most of sound like you got burnt, well, tough, you have been milked many times over and in lots of different ways, so stop the witch hunt on young Walker and try and figure who the real villains out there are ! 

Christ, you sound like a bunch of kids who have been kicked out of the sandpit  ... B)

And in regards to jockeys riding there horses out, it includes back to 5th place (ie prize money).

Oh yeah I wish Litcher and Dillion put more effort into promoting racing as opposed to smearing with their sh*te.

So what do we do, just shrug our shoulders and accept that it happens ?  May as well just give them carte blanche and do away with any form on integrity.  Go  back to early days of Australian bush racing in other words .  It isn't just the punter upset by this  going by comments by  various  trainers.  They engage jockeys expecting them to be on straight and narrow.  Also do  owners want to fork out $ 160 a ride,  not knowing who their jockey  might be punting ?  The game is hard enough now without factoring in the punting intentions of your jockey.  

The sooner this morally bankrupt head to head betting option is removed the better.

A majority of Kiwis think any betting on racehorses is morally corrupt.

Head to head betting is probably the only growing type of betting in NZ.

Before you reply and diss me think about it......most betting on Sports like Rugby ,Soccer ,Boxing ...all big in NZ , is built around H2H.

Team sports you say.....but speak to any bookie with world wide experience and they will tell you of the many "unusual" results that arise from H2H betting...and many are around individual sports especially tennis[ below the elite level].

Where you have a 2 man contest ,it has to be the easiest bet if one party is not trying.......a lot of cricket bets are in fact H2H .

Cricket rorts have been around for 20 years or more ,but still the punters line up...yet they know the odds !!!!

First stoppage or scoring option at rugby /league......did that option cease after the attempt to cheat in NRL in recent years??

Racing scams/rorts/fraud  etc have been around since it started.....ring-ins ,painted legs etc , photo-finish didn't exist for decades.

People recall with pride how people were deceived, bookies fooled etc.

The punter is always looking for an edge ,legal or otherwise to make a quid.......in recent times people have bet on races after the race won and the result known.

All morally corrupt carry-on , but people continue to bet even tho they know the odds.

H2H betting is a growth opportunity ,it gives newcomers some idea how they can win ,supplement their income.

They can bet on the All blacks @ $1,40 or the Wallabies @ $3.50.

Then they can get a horse @ $1.85 to beat just one other horse , a lot easier to understand than a trifecta ,quaddie or triple trio on big fields on a bog NZ winter track.

Or they could bet on the Jockeys challenge.....the mind boggles !!!!!

And you seriously think that was the first time Oliver ever had a punt on another horse  ..........  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dirty crooked little toe-rag of an aussie and he deserved 2-3 years, not a slap on hand and back for the big races. :ph34r:

Most of the NZ jockeys punt and a few undoubtedly punt against themselves, whatever, like I said previously it ain't the worse thing to happen at a racecourse and most of sound like you got burnt, well, tough, you have been milked many times over and in lots of different ways, so stop the witch hunt on young Walker and try and figure who the real villains out there are ! 

Christ, you sound like a bunch of kids who have been kicked out of the sandpit  ... B)

And in regards to jockeys riding there horses out, it includes back to 5th place (ie prize money).

Oh yeah I wish Litcher and Dillion put more effort into promoting racing as opposed to smearing with their sh*te.

RK

You stated "Most of the NZ jockeys punt and a few undoubtedly punt against themselves" - where the F**K did you come up with this wee gem?! Name them, go on, prove it! This is one of the worst statements I've read on Race Cafe in a long while

the head.to.head bet option that has to be done away with are the NZ thoroughbred race ones held on each race. (the trots too? but their punters are far more tolerant of rorts)..and the greyhound's ones are retained of course.

Rambling Kid:

I posted on an earlier thread Head 2 Head Betting where I explained why I consider it to be morally bankrupt, a thread you posted on incidentally.

To remind you:

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

I am on record here as being not a fan of this bet type and don't place bets on this Head to Head betting option.

It is morally bankrupt betting type where you have the possibilty of having two horses who are both beaten, being flogged to beat the other home when they have no chance of being in a dividend bearing placing.

the head.to.head bet option that has to be done away with are the NZ thoroughbred race ones held on each race. (the trots too? but their punters are far more tolerant of rorts)..and the greyhound's ones are retained of course.

That's one of the reasons why greyhounds are easier to bet on....no human error.  

Quote:

I hit the like button before I got to this bit Rambling Kid.
Whats worse than a Jockey pulling a horse? Do tell.

Rambling Kidd you are dead right about flogging well beaten runners.Wrong about Barry Lichter and Mike Dillon.Both skilled at their craft.The bottom feeder amongst racing/trotting journalists is without question Credit Bet Bet Mick Guerin.When Christian Cullen was at his peak his vitriolic attacks on his trainer Brian O'Meara were an absolute disgrace.This opinion is from someone who would have the biggest private collection of racing books in New Zealand.

Ted:  I agreed it was open to corruption didn't I ?

Taz: "First stoppage or scoring option at rugby /league......did that option cease after the attempt to cheat in NRL in recent years"

Gawd who could forget Justin Marshall, get the ball from the kick-off and kick it straight out, NEARLY every game or the time Andrew Merthens went for a drop goal when he had an large overlap outside him !!

TB:  You no love me anymore ...   :(   lol,  How about sticking a needle in .........

Bear:  YOU want names, hmmmmm  why ?   I'm not narking on anybody, jockey, trainer or assistants, but the game is not clean and never has or will be.  If you didn't know that, then I got a bridge to sell ya.  

and don't give me the crap about tarring everybody, because, of course there are a lot of decent hardworking toilers in this game, but when money is involved, innocence flies out the window. :ph34r:

and any statement I have made on this or the other board is not even close to the worst ...  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

" Racing Integrity Unit operations manager Mike Godber said that while the unit had discussions with the codes about the rules it ''had no public position'' on head-to-head betting."

..so Mike Godber and the integrity unit just 'bend in the wind' depending on the 'wind's' direction Eigh :o

for christs sake., you're meant to be a stoic and steadfast institution!

the bet has to 'go'...and the cellphones in the raceday Confines have to 'go' Too, on top of the riders being banned from betting on their racedays.

Heard Mr Godber on radio this morning. Not sure if it was a bad day at the office or what - but was singularly unimpressed with his responses to what were patently predictable questions given the issue the media was talking to him about.  However I acknowledge being media-savvy and articulate is not everything ....

Ted:  I agreed it was open to corruption didn't I ?

Taz: "First stoppage or scoring option at rugby /league......did that option cease after the attempt to cheat in NRL in recent years"

Gawd who could forget Justin Marshall, get the ball from the kick-off and kick it straight out, NEARLY every game or the time Andrew Merthens went for a drop goal when he had an large overlap outside him !!

TB:  You no love me anymore ...   :(   lol,  How about sticking a needle in .........

Bear:  YOU want names, hmmmmm  why ?   I'm not narking on anybody, jockey, trainer or assistants, but the game is not clean and never has or will be.  If you didn't know that, then I got a bridge to sell ya.  

and don't give me the crap about tarring everybody, because, of course there are a lot of decent hardworking toilers in this game, but when money is involved, innocence flies out the window. :ph34r:

and any statement I have made on this or the other board is not even close to the worst ...  :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Yes of course you are right about the drugs RK.

They are a betrayal of the horse as well as the sport

I think this head to head bet should be and probably will be discontinued.There has been some good reasons why given on this thread and prob the most important was a comment Ted made about a horse being flogged when it has no chance of paying a divi.I have had a couple of hth bets but stopped after I backed one ridden by an apprentice at Tauraunga and I cant remember who the boy was or the horse but half way up the straight he stood up in the irons and sat quietly on the horse for the last 50 metres.Normaly I would have thought good on you son for not flogging a dead horse but having backed it to finish in front of another I was rather peeved so didnt have another bet of that type.I also want to say I hope they dont throw the book at David.Some of the rides i have seen overseas where the jockey should get life but gets one year which is mandatory  makes his effort pretty tame.Also they are up for alot more cash than David was going to get so I cant fathom why he would do it.

. They understand the thieves on wheels so the H2H only opens 15 mins before start time do the same with the gallops I reckon.

Probably not well known is that George Moore got couple years for backing another horse to which he was riding.. 

Then of interest there was the Australian jockey can't exactly whom maybe Scobie Breasley or George Moore when riding in England was asked to supply a tip for an Australian touring party who also placed a large bet on behalf of the jockey on the stable tip. Quite sizeable amounts.    Australians not very happy when the jockey got up in the last stride on a 40:1 outsider to beat his hot tip.