RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ruby

Stallion parades - who are you sending mares to?

Was working last weekend so only managed to get to Windsor Park and received some photos today of the stallions at Wellfield as CD had their parade - who impressed, who is breeding this year?

Cape Blanco a magnificent horse and good value.Battle Paint,strong and seems to have a good mind for a Tale of the cat,promising!!

Waikato Stud top boys very nice but out of my price range.

I saw Jakkalberry at the Karaka winter broodmare sale in August and I think he had been in NZ for 3 weeks after doing the trip from the UK.

Nice strong ,16.2 balanced horse who still looks like a race horse. Obviously will let down over the next 12 months to stallion mode. 

Trying to decide between Jakkalberry and Roc De Cambes as both should leave classic horses. 

Plenty of Youtube videos of Jakkalberry.

The one the shows him as a type on youtube is 'TVN interview with Marco Botti'.

Rip Van Winkle!

Will stick my neck out and say he will do a High Chap, meaning be that successful over the next season or two that next year or year after he will be standing in Australia at say 3 times his current fee.

Cape Blanco good race horse is very different to Rip Van Winkle.Cape Blanco is a different type of Galizzz and his female line and broodmare sire Presidium doesn't do it for me. I mean 2 stakes winners from 253 runners isn't great.

Might cop some flak but I value broodmare sires as hugely important.

Cape Blanco met RVW on one occasion and beat him by 4 lgths.He has obviously a great temp to travel the distances he did and still win G1's.

RVW is certainly a top chance already having a G1 winner in the north but he was full many months before the breeding season started,perhaps mainly with Windsor mares? His 2nd and 3rd dams didn't set the world on fire.

Will stick my neck out too and say I think POWER is New Zealand's best chance in a long time of a stallion with potential to sire a Golden Slipper Winner.

I recently did an in depth study of Exeed and Excel and my opinion was the position of Lomond in his pedigree is a major contributor to him leaving smart two year olds.

Lomond is just a little deeper in power but with the right mare I believe totally accessable.

The mares that I think will do the business are those carrying Mr Prospector, eg (Straight Strike)  or  Tourbillon  eg (Centaine) on their male line. 

Although it may seem deep,  mares that trace in direct female line to the same family as Lomond would also be highly compatible. This is the number 13c Kite family.

Some examples of that would be last weeks first of the season Group One winner I DO's family. Others would be the Alynda or Sovereign Edition family.

Will post some examples below and as always I think adding the mirror image will increase the odds.

post-8706-0-82849800-1409729609_thumb.pn