RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sheridan

TAB/Bookmakers windfall

Hot favourite Dariana in Queensland Oaks took no part what so ever when the horse put its head in the neighbouring gate when the gates were opened and becoming fastened somehow.The question should be asked whether this was a case for the horse to be declared a non starter and scratched.I can only imagine how much the punter would have lost.Any comments?

Hot favourite Dariana in Queensland Oaks took no part what so ever when the horse put its head in the neighbouring gate when the gates were opened and becoming fastened somehow.The question should be asked whether this was a case for the horse to be declared a non starter and scratched.I can only imagine how much the punter would have lost.Any comments?

Sorry to say that I was one that did back Dariana.

I was hoping for her to be declared a Non Starter,but when you look at it in a unbaised manner,the blame was on her,not the Starting Gates or the Starter.

It would be the same if she knuckled over on jumping and lost the rider as the gates opened or had reared just before the gates opened.

So even though I lost,I believe the right decision was made to declare her a Starter

In some ways I agree with you Kevin but in the examples you gave the horse would at least been able to participate in the race all be it from an impossible position.However in this instance this horse didnt and couldnt leave the gate but had to be assisted.Yes I did have a small investment and talking through my pocket!

In some ways I agree with you Kevin but in the examples you gave the horse would at least been able to participate in the race all be it from an impossible position.However in this instance this horse didnt and couldnt leave the gate but had to be assisted.Yes I did have a small investment and talking through my pocket!

i think if its the horses fault then no need for it to be late scrached

i think if its the horses fault then no need for it to be late scrached

That's sensible.

With tongue in cheek, though, what is the difference with one that plays up at the barrier and will not go into the gates? It will be late scratched, after exhaustive efforts to load it, even though it is at fault. Same for horses which toss their riders in preliminaries, then bolt. Or ones which get injured on transport to the course, or after arrival.

both stated in the enquiry that it should be declared a runner. The horse threw its head sideways at the same time the stalls opened. Has to do a barrier trial tues morning in front of stewards in order to be in the Derby.

On a sad note - I had Moroneys horse to win and the winner and 3rd and 4th horses in the first 4. It paid $75k!! Unfortunately, I had them in the wrong order.

As an aside, a friend of mine who works on the "rails" at Eagle Farm (ie. The bookies not the Qld Railways!!) has told me that Miss Keepsake was an Australia wide plunge that took $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!! Well done to those who took part.

That's sensible.

With tongue in cheek, though, what is the difference with one that plays up at the barrier and will not go into the gates? It will be late scratched, after exhaustive efforts to load it, even though it is at fault. Same for horses which toss their riders in preliminaries, then bolt. Or ones which get injured on transport to the course, or after arrival.

Didn't know that Fordman had a brother/sister.

1/'if it doesn't go into the barrier it clearly is a NON STARTER,OR IT BOLTS BEFORE THE RACE,again it is deemed a NON STARTER.

On this occasion the horse didn't bolt and did enter her stall.

I would love to say it was a NON STARTER,as my bet would suggest,it only got worse when M Cahill rode the worse race this year and then Russley Rascal got beaten when i was on @$1.80 TO SQUARE FOR THE DAY.

That's why i LOVE A BEER,The pain does go away,unless your name is Wightman

Didn't know that Fordman had a brother/sister.

1/'if it doesn't go into the barrier it clearly is a NON STARTER,OR IT BOLTS BEFORE THE RACE,again it is deemed a NON STARTER.

On this occasion the horse didn't bolt and did enter her stall.

I would love to say it was a NON STARTER,as my bet would suggest,it only got worse when M Cahill rode the worse race this year and then Russley Rascal got beaten when i was on @$1.80 TO SQUARE FOR THE DAY.

That's why i LOVE A BEER,The pain does go away,unless your name is Wightman

Midget, it used to be the case in England - hell, it may still be the case - that once the starter had raised his arm the field were 'under starter's orders' and your nag would therefore be deemed to be a runner no matter what then happened before they were actually despatched...

No refunds at all...

The rules seem far more lenient here...

Sorry to say that I was one that did back Dariana.

I was hoping for her to be declared a Non Starter,but when you look at it in a unbaised manner,the blame was on her,not the Starting Gates or the Starter.

It would be the same if she knuckled over on jumping and lost the rider as the gates opened or had reared just before the gates opened.

So even though I lost,I believe the right decision was made to declare her a Starter

I did but it was bitter sweet as the way she won today she should have won last week when she was on the end of a 24k multi bet