RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jess

Nigelissima - Ponderosa Miss Race 3 Hawkes Bay

Guest 2Admin2

Howdy folks!

First thing first, I'm going to be alright, and fingers crossed PM comes through everything well too.

I was obviously not happy at the time of the incident, as I'm sure most of you are more than

well aware of, after seeing my reaction once I got back to my feet.

Comming from a Jockey perspective, I had the exact position and line I wanted, and was well entitled to it.

From my point of view, Marco had made his decision to go inside 'Flint' and at the last minute he has

changed his mind, and angled out sharply without looking or having any idea I was there untill I called out

and the contact was made.

That's the risk's of Racing, and it's just a part of beign in the industry. High's and low's,

Good luck and Bad luck etc.

I understand we all make mistakes, weather we are 'High-Profile' or 'Low-Profile' riders, but for an experienced

rider, I was dissapointed with his actions and obviously the consequences that resulted in the nasty injuries

PM has recieved.

I was realativley calm once I got back to the Jockey's room, as I was not aware of PM's injuries. I am well associated

with the Hollinshead family, PM, and a large number of the syndicate owners, and was very concerned with her state

and well beign, and eagerly went over to the stalling area to see her.

In relation to the penalty against Marco Chui, I don't think it would be fair, or appropriate for me to state my opinion.

The only thing I am worried about is PM. She's a little champ and deserves the absolute best.

Thanks Daniel for your post - I hope I don't sound condescending but it is a very articulate post and RaceCafe appreciates that you have chosen to make it.

Thanks for your help Tinkerbelle..but it's Whangarei R-5 i'm after.

disregard the above Tinkerbelle..as i've found the click.

Saturday(30/8/14) Whangarei R-5

Passing the 300m Zuccato which had been held up, angled out to obtain clear running hampering Way In (J.Wong) which had to be steadied losing ground.

Zuccato then became unbalanced shifting out and making heavy contact with Southern Icon which was badly hampered losing ground.

As a result Buffalo Boy was also hampered.

Apprentice rider A Schwerin admitted a resultant breach of careless riding with the Judicial Committee suspending her license to ride in races 3-10 September 2014 inclusive, 5 riding days.

Following the race Stewards lodged an objection on behalf of the connections of the fourth placed horse Way In against the third placed horse Zuccato, alleging interference in the final straight.

After hearing submissions, the Judicial committee upheld the protest, with final placings then being, Passing Shot 1st, Cherry Vain 2nd, Way In 3rd and Zuccato 4th.

..There it is word for word as well as an exact copy of the grammar etc.

That report trivialises the extent that This manoeuvre was very dangerous and negligent! (reckless?)

here's the replay http://www.nzracing.co.nz/RaceInfo/43227/5/Race-Detail.aspx#video

..the report leaves out rider's names for runners...and i no way portrays with any actuality accuracy...lacking correct wording of the incident's description...so that the reader gleans the seriousness of the offence., As does the Stipes interpretation of the offence  being Not serious at All!!

STEWARDS: M.J.Williamson (chairman), A.Coles, W.Robinson, B.Jones

Typist: M.Gemmell

SUSPENSIONS:

R.2  D.Nolan COOLIBAH

Careless riding 2000m. Suspended 7-14 September inclusive, 4 Days

R.5  A.Schwerin ZUCCATO

Careless riding 300m. Suspended 3-10 September inclusive, 5 Days

R.10  L.Maggorian OUR QUEEN BEE

Careless riding 1300m. Suspended 7-14 September inclusive 4 Days

..the Stewards were incompetant in failing to observe A Schwerin's riding as "reckless" and not "careless" (and dangerous)

by failing to've properley reprimanded her, they've 'condoned' the ride as simply being careless..and suspended her in the same gravity Only..as the other 2 riders suspended on the day.

Marco Chui's ride has attracted more attention because it was a major raceday, and that a well backed runner nearly fell, and her rider Did fall off...And that the Mare suffered career threatening injuries.

..the A.Schwerin ride has been 'let go' because the Stewards have been incompetant to the extent the ride was improperley classified as "careless" and not "Reckless"...And that no horse nor rider fell!

Penalties are fixed so as to be a deterrant., to impart a sufficient penalty so as to try and prevent them reoffending...as well that Others take heed of what will become them should They intend to offend!

This is a very serious matter that's been overshadowed, as well as having been 'treated' incorrectly by a bureau who's meant to be professional, robust and conSistant! . . .none of those three performance indicators have been invoked on this very odd finding.

Say Nothing at yours and other's perils!!!!!!!

Good post Dan. Hope PM pulls through, was so good seeing the "battlers" so to speak finally get a good horse who looked like she could be anything on her day.

Totally agree re Alyssa Scherwin, her movement was absolutely shocking and deserves at least 4 weeks suspension too. Pretty sad that the stipes are pretty much saying what she did was ok since there were no horses or jockeys coming to grief.

I have spoken to Marco and I can assure everybody he is absolutely sorry about what happened. He accepted full responsibility for the incident.The incident and subsequent negative publicity has not been good for him having just embarked on a career in NZ.He also received a disgusting facebook message wishing him likewise treatment which is now before the RIU. Mike Dillon's ridiculous article in the NZ Herald has been well dealt with by more knowledgeable writers earlier in the thread also.

Marco's explanation of the incident to me was once he turned his horses head to come off the rail he heard Daniel call out.He turned around at that point.A combination of Ponderosa Miss bumping Nigelissama's hindquarter and Marco's actions caused Nigelissama to lose her balance.This made the incident more spectacular than it should have been.So the remarks by some that Marco purposely hooked his horse at right angles are not based on fact.I believe the Judicial Committee would have considered all this in handing down a 1 month suspension.

Daniel wrote very well and he acknowledged Marco as a Senior Rider. 83 wins against the best Jockeys in the world is not an easy feat for an Apprentice in HK. A further 65 wins  in Western Australia so taking that into account his ability is not in question. He showed poor judgement in that race. However it was not a deliberate action to hinder another horses chances. As a Trainer, I have sometimes wanted to boot a Jockey's backside for causing interference to one of my runners but usually that is based on sentiment and not always on fact.

Marco Chui is a hard worker riding 12 or more horses a morning at the Cambridge Training Centre, He is quietly spoken and he presents himself and his gear always in immaculate condition.In my opinion he is an asset to our Jockey ranks He deserves to be criticized for causing this incident but not ridiculed by some unknown idiot calling him Chewy Chewy,and other abusive comments.

Tim Carter

Cambridge

here here Tim.

People have no right to speak badly of the man.

His actions for sure, but when it becomes personal i lose all respect for the persons post.

Dont blow out someone elses candle to make yours burn brighter.

Good onya D Hain for telling your side. I wish both riders all the best.and hope marco does his time and isnt judged for this "mistake" when he returns because he clearly has talent.

And finally i hope we see the mare make a full recovery for Peter and Darrell.

Guest 2Admin2

I have spoken to Marco and I can assure everybody he is absolutely sorry about what happened. He accepted full responsibility for the incident.The incident and subsequent negative publicity has not been good for him having just embarked on a career in NZ.He also received a disgusting facebook message wishing him likewise treatment which is now before the RIU. Mike Dillon's ridiculous article in the NZ Herald has been well dealt with by more knowledgeable writers earlier in the thread also.

Marco's explanation of the incident to me was once he turned his horses head to come off the rail he heard Daniel call out.He turned around at that point.A combination of Ponderosa Miss bumping Nigelissama's hindquarter and Marco's actions caused Nigelissama to lose her balance.This made the incident more spectacular than it should have been.So the remarks by some that Marco purposely hooked his horse at right angles are not based on fact.I believe the Judicial Committee would have considered all this in handing down a 1 month suspension.

Daniel wrote very well and he acknowledged Marco as a Senior Rider. 83 wins against the best Jockeys in the world is not an easy feat for an Apprentice in HK. A further 65 wins  in Western Australia so taking that into account his ability is not in question. He showed poor judgement in that race. However it was not a deliberate action to hinder another horses chances. As a Trainer, I have sometimes wanted to boot a Jockey's backside for causing interference to one of my runners but usually that is based on sentiment and not always on fact.

Marco Chui is a hard worker riding 12 or more horses a morning at the Cambridge Training Centre, He is quietly spoken and he presents himself and his gear always in immaculate condition.In my opinion he is an asset to our Jockey ranks He deserves to be criticized for causing this incident but not ridiculed by some unknown idiot calling him Chewy Chewy,and other abusive comments.

Tim Carter

Cambridge

Thanks Tim for posting.  RaceCafe appreciates you making the effort to post your comments.

here here Tim.

Good onya D Hain for telling your side. I wish both riders all the best.and hope marco does his time and isnt judged for this "mistake" when he returns because he clearly has talent.

And finally i hope we see the mare make a full recovery for Peter and Darrell.

Agreed, Marco clearly has talent and Saturday could have been the turning point for better rides (less the accident) and I wish him well.

Thanks Mr Carter for your thoughts and also Mr Hain.

And I also hope Ponderosa Miss pulls thru ok, :)

I have followed the family along, HAVITBAK, HAYLEY GRACE, BAK d CHIEF, ECUADOR, even OLD RED and of course KING JAMES (....long happy story ...  ;)   )