RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swynford

Pedigree Patterns

On 8/26/2014 at 10:19 PM, Dopey said:

Your observation can be duplicated using per incanto with oreilly mares also. I have done so.

Doubles up on try my best in the same pattern .

Congratulations Dopey    one start one win   home in 33.57

Don Carlo.jpg

1 hour ago, Swynford said:

Congratulations Dopey    one start one win   home in 33.57

Don Carlo.jpg

Thanks Swynford

Its always nice to have a follow up acknowledgement on a breeding effort. I've got the full in turf fires tummy as I like to follow a nice colt up with another. She has a pins filly yearling and pins colt weanling. I'd be interested in what you think of the nearco build up from her and pins ( check out  the 2 White hind feet on  nogara, turf fire, don Carlo, and also both pins...loving it)

to to me Don Carlo is a stronger version of turf fire in type, with all the same colouring. 

I remind you that you had a hand in that mating post our chat at equidays.

Cheers

chris.

https://www.nzracing.co.nz/RaceInfo/44678/3/Race-Detail.aspx

Thanks Chris.. yes I do remember meeting you at the Equidays,  Such a shame more thoroughbred people could have been there.  I do also remember discussing your mare Turf Fire, but to be honest you as a breeder make the mating decisions so I take my hat off to you, I hope he becomes a Group One winner.  and so glad you have another Per Incanto on the way.

when line breeding most stallions are vulnerable to the brood-mare sires in their female line so choosing a mare that caries theses sires on her male line can increase your chances of producing a Group One winner at least FOUR TIMES 

Yankee rose.jpg

Years ago some one I used to know who was like Berri a type fanatic said to me he would never inbreed to Mr Prospector because of the bad legs thing. He has been proven so wrong. 

Love the pedigree below  

Northern Meteor.jpg

18 hours ago, Swynford said:

Savabeel.jpg

Given O'Reilly's Princequillo connection you can see potentially one reason why the savabeel O'Reilly cross is so potent.?.... Apart from type reasons of course.

Sorry for not totally answering your question about Turf Fire and Pins. I went about it in a long way, I was trying to explain how I would value the Nearco duplications.  Most people that look at pedigrees look at these charts in generation format and quote 5x4x5x5 to say ND  or 6x5x5x4x5 or 5Fx6Mx4Mx6F to Nearco or who ever.  I don't really subscribe to a build up of a certain horse in certain generations as the key.

I look differently at the pedigree. The position is so important.  The male lines of the mares and the brood-mare sires in the stallion.

The positions that Nearco appears with Turf Fire and Pins is very similar to the pedigrees above.  On the male line of the 1st dam and in one of the brood-mare sire positions in the stallion. 

Native Dancer who appears on the next two dam's male lines shares a 3rd dam with Misty Day,   a brood-mare sire in Snippets,    so here  more a female family line breeding but once again love again love the positions 

2016-04-27_205857.jpg

On 8/27/2014 at 8:48 PM, Swynford said:

Had the pleasure of the Waikato Stallion Parades at the weekend just past and must say I enjoyed it immensely. I was impressed with a speech made by Rodney Schick at Windsor Park Stud. He said the All Blacks were statistically the best team in the world and that New Zealanders as a nation, we punched way above our weight, This is not just in the rugby arena but also in thoroughbred breeding and I couldn't agree more. He had traveled the globe and didn't know of any other nation that put so much time and effort into planning mating's like New Zealanders do.  

Crossing O'Reilly mares with this stallion will give similar pattern to the successful Redoute's Choice /Last Tycoon "nick"  or Good Journey /O'Reilly.

2014-08-27_204520.png

Not too many good horses around by Thewayyouare but this one stakes placed 

Disturbance.jpg

Great idea      I will be at the sales later this afternoon.    027 357 7072         would have loved to have the opportunity to inspect some weanlings with you but guess it will be a bit late for that.