RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Trainers Praise

Recently i have been reading articles in the Racing sections of the Herald and Waikato Times where trainers have been talking up their horses chances in the big races ahead.The most common quote has been 'bigger and stronger'and also looks a million dollars and the rider says he feels like a million dollars.Well the truth is that some trainers are going to be left with egg on the face because they can't all win and thats a fact.

Imyself feel that a couple of hard races at Hawkes Bay is going to knock some of these horses around a bit and completly stuff up their spring campaigns.I must aknowledge that i have never trained a horse so it's only an opinion.

Great point.

The trainer of the $740K yearling which ran last, beaten 21 lengths, in a maiden at Taupo on Wednesday, will have to be mighty inventive to keep the owners happy.  Especially as he had labelled it as the stable's best of the day on the website and talked it up on Trackside a few races earlier.  The stipes didn't expect better from it, as there was no mention in their report.

Aren't they making these comments now so the owners have ample warning to dip into their coffers to pay for their holidays, I mean attacks on the spring riches in Oz?

Great point.

The trainer of the $740K yearling which ran last, beaten 21 lengths, in a maiden at Taupo on Wednesday, will have to be mighty inventive to keep the owners happy.  Especially as he had labelled it as the stable's best of the day on the website and talked it up on Trackside a few races earlier.  The stipes didn't expect better from it, as there was no mention in their report.

. Did they actually pay that much?I think not

According to NZ Bloodstock it was sold by Cambridge Stud and purchased by D C Ellis for $740,000 at the 2012 yearling sale.

The current owners are  Ballindooley Syndicate, Lady Justine & Sir Patrick Hogan.

Great point.

The trainer of the $740K yearling which ran last, beaten 21 lengths, in a maiden at Taupo on Wednesday, will have to be mighty inventive to keep the owners happy.  Especially as he had labelled it as the stable's best of the day on the website and talked it up on Trackside a few races earlier.  The stipes didn't expect better from it, as there was no mention in their repor

I wouldn't right that horse off just yet. 

That tongue tie may have upset her and the ground didn't help.

She's not getting all the air she needs

People pay what they think something is worth.. it does not mean it is actually worth that much .. this scenario can happen every day when you even buy an avocado, it looks great.. feels right... and you get it home and it's all brown inside and really you can't use it for anything and just hope it tastes okay when you finally do ....

I think what Puha is saying is that it was sold by the Hogans at Cambridge Stud.. bought by Ellis but then the Hogans are owners again.. so perhaps some funding was recouped when syndicating it out.

Scoobs you need to stop being so manic :) ??????

People pay what they think something is worth.. it does not mean it is actually worth that much .. this scenario can happen every day when you even buy an avocado, it looks great.. feels right... and you get it home and it's all brown inside and really you can't use it for anything and just hope it tastes okay when you finally do ....

I think what Puha is saying is that it was sold by the Hogans at Cambridge Stud.. bought by Ellis but then the Hogans are owners again.. so perhaps some funding was recouped when syndicating it out.

Scoobs you need to stop being so manic :) ??????[/quote. exactly

The thing about this horse is that she has already shown that she can gallop well

Just take a look at her race/trial  videos.
​She obviously now has at least one performance limiting issue that may or may not be fixable.

The other side of the argument is a trainer tells an owner their pride and joy is no good.

owners not happy with trainer so they lose the horse.

another trainer gets it,pumps up their tyres with bulshit keeping the owner happy.

Horse proves to be useless and is sacked in time,the original prophecy is fullfilled.

Owner buys another horse and bullshit mcgee gets it and honest joe misses out.

You can tell a man his.wife is fat but you cant tell him his horse is no good".

Any owners who disagree with me and want the brutal truth give me a call and ill start training for you. Ill bet the phone doesnt ring.

You teach people how to treat you. You want no bull or spin then dont throw the toys out when confronted with the truth.

I dont speak for all trainer/owners but it has happened many trainers over the years and maybe why they focus on positives and ignore the negatives.

I hate bullshit and spin and would rather deal with the facts. We all know the truth when we hear it. How we react to it is another story.

Trainers should be upfront and honest and owners should back them.

If only it was that simple