RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
triggerhappy74

NZTB should take a leaf from Harness racing

I wonder everytime i see it, why NZTB always advertise there summer carnivals on the racing channel I always think its preaching to the converted, but i was even more surprised when i was watching underbelly the night before last and on comes an add for the Harness racing Jewels.

I thought that was a much better way to advertise and reach a new and i must say much needed new punter.

I have seen the ad's a couple of times on other channels, certainly makes sense. And on that note, the whole Harness Jewels innovation seems to have been a resounding success. I wonder if the thoroughbred code could do something similar, any ideas?

I wonder everytime i see it, why NZTB always advertise there summer carnivals on the racing channel I always think its preaching to the converted, but i was even more surprised when i was watching underbelly the night before last and on comes an add for the Harness racing Jewels.

I thought that was a much better way to advertise and reach a new and i must say much needed new punter.

I agree, there are some great ads on Trackside, but yes, preaching to the converted.

It would be good to see some of the spin on mainstream TV.

There is another worry.

Eighteen of the two year olds in tomorrow have stake earnings in excess of $20,000.

I doubt whether there are 18 thoroughbred two year olds with that sort of stake earnings.

That's called administration....

I wonder if the thoroughbred code could do something similar, any ideas?

I doubt it, Midget would have a fit if the gallops copied something the harness people have come up with.