RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Properispomenon

Pick The English Derby Result And Win $25 of Prop's Cat's Money

Aw, abit...

It's only about a fortnight since I gave the secretary a bunch of :flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower: :flower::flower::flower::flower::flower: (and a nice present!) for her sterling work of late...

Your reward for your secretarial work will have to wait till I'm in a similarly-appreciative good mood!

And, yep, you did count correctly: there were just 11 flowers: I like to be different...

Plus it throws the florists into right tizzies, lol...

;)

If I may have a word? :)

I wouldn't mind having a go at the English Derby, if no one minds??

This is only Friday (as any fool is aware) but I'll have a go now. Hopefully we can have a revision date before Sunday.

Mine are:

1 Al Zir

6 Coordinated Cut

8 Jan Vermeer

10 Rewilding

not necessarily in that order but, all things being equal, I'm happy to re-arrange them tomorrow.

:flower:

Just a reminder, folks, that two nags - Cape Blanco and Bright Horizon - are non-runners...

Subs are recommended for anyone picking either of that duo...

Form ..... Horse ..... Breeding ..... Latest Quote ..... Trainer

411-1 ..... Jan Vermeer (IRE) ..... Montjeu (IRE) - Shadow Song (IRE) (Pennekamp (USA)) ..... 13/8 ..... A P O'Brien

1-2 ..... Workforce ..... King's Best (USA) - Soviet Moon (IRE) (Sadler's Wells (USA)) ..... 11/2 ..... Sir Michael Stoute

314-1 ..... Midas Touch ..... Galizzz (IRE) - Approach (Darshaan) ..... 6 ..... A P O'Brien

1-21 ..... Bullet Train ..... Sadler's Wells (USA) - Kind (IRE) (Danehill (USA)) ..... 13/2 ..... H R A Cecil

21-21 ..... Rewilding ..... Tiger Hill (IRE) - Darara (Top Ville) ..... 9 ..... Mahmood Al Zarooni

110-21 ..... Azmeel ..... Azamour (IRE) - Best Side (IRE) (King's Best (USA)) ..... 12 ..... J H M Gosden

10-13 ..... Coordinated Cut (IRE) ..... Montjeu (IRE) - Apache Star (Arazi (USA)) ..... 20 ..... M L W Bell

113-0 ..... Al Zir (USA) ..... Medaglia D'oro (USA) - Bayou Plans (USA) (Bayou Hebert (USA)) ..... 25 ..... Saeed Suroor

013-1 ..... Ted Spread ..... Beat Hollow - Highbrook (USA) (Alphabatim (USA)) ..... 33 ..... M H Tompkins

1355-04 ..... Buzzword ..... Pivotal - Bustling (Danehill (USA)) ..... 50 ..... Mahmood Al Zarooni

216-33 ..... Hot Prospect ..... Motivator - Model Queen (USA) (Kingmambo (USA)) ..... 66 ..... M A Jarvis

51-23 ..... At First Sight (IRE) ..... Galizzz (IRE) - Healing Music (FR) (Bering) ..... 100 ..... A P O'Brien

What happened here?

Prop in jail?

''''''''' had his account blocked?

''''''''' ran away with the cat money?

'''''''''?????????????????

The points allocation in our little wee comp:

62.5 - Workface

31.25 - At First Sight

15.625 - Rewilding

10 - Bullet Train

With just three people tipping the winner, it effectively came down to who, of that trio, could get one of the other points-scorers...

Nerula - with scratched horses or dams of scratched horses 'running' in his name - had no hope...

Prop - with three (alleged :() runners - flopped, too...

So sailing home was ...

Alabar...

Good going...

Let me know your telephone account and I'll toddle off and credit you $25...

If you're shy about posting it in here, e-mail me...

I have to go to an ATM anyway: the moggy is perched on my PC desk with a 'Human being, these freshly-sharpened claws will be getting a good workout soon unless you fill both a) my food plates and B) my food funds jar toute-de-frigging-suite...'

Entrant - First - Second - Third - Last - Points

Alabar - Workforce - Jan Vermeer - Rewilding - At First Sight - 78.125

Nerula - Workforce - Laurel Delight - Cape Blanco - Bright Horizon - 62.5

Prop

What happened here?

Prop in jail?

''''''''' had his account blocked?

''''''''' ran away with the cat money?

'''''''''?????????????????

Ah, soz, Nerula...

I put the result up in the Tipping thread...

Our winner has been paid so, no, there were no nefarious dealings, heh heh...

The World Cup kicks off this weekend - with games at all sorts of weird and wonderful hours, right?

That 'Aaaaaaargh!' you will hear at regular early morning intervals for the month involved will be me, lying back in my armchair in the dark, suddenly having four sets of cats claws in my chest (if I am lucky :eek: ) and having the TV screen eclipsed by a cat's head carrying a 'Oooh, are you up this early just to feed little me?' expression...

Doubtless she thinks I owe her...

Thanks to Leggy for copying the result over...