RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
megahertz

How many horses does

Mr Holmes , Stiassny & co have in work. On Mr Holmes salary you would expect him to have his own barn with a private trainer & at least 20 horses in work or better still 20 horses with 20 different trainers.

Mr Holmes , Stiassny & co have in work. On Mr Holmes salary you would expect him to have his own barn with a private trainer & at least 20 horses in work or better still 20 horses with 20 different trainers.

is on a very meagre salary compared to

Andrew Brown and his cohorts...

We would certainly expect that Mr Stiassny at least owns NO raceable horses and NO raceable greyhounds.

The primary requirement for every chairperson of the NZ Racing Board is INDEPENDENCE - that the person be independent upon appointment, and stay independent at all times while holding the office.

This means the chairperson should have, and be seen to have, no bias or favouritism towards any code or to any sector (e.g. top, middle, or bottom) of any code. The chairperson has a duty to be independent and remain independent.

If the chairperson does anything to compromise his/her independence then the Minister has a moral and legal duty on behalf of Parliament to see him/her either regain independence, or to dismiss him/her from the chairmanship.

Schedule I, Sec. 3(2) of the Racing Act gives the Minister full authority and power to do this:-

"The Minister may, ...., remove the member from office at any time, without compensation, for inability to perform the duties of office, bankruptcy, neglect of duty, or misconduct, .....

We would certainly expect that Mr Stiassny at least owns NO raceable horses and NO raceable greyhounds.

The primary requirement for every chairperson of the NZ Racing Board is INDEPENDENCE - that the person be independent upon appointment, and stay independent at all times while holding the office.

This means the chairperson should have, and be seen to have, no bias or favouritism towards any code or to any sector (e.g. top, middle, or bottom) of any code. The chairperson has a duty to be independent and remain independent.

If the chairperson does anything to compromise his/her independence then the Minister has a moral and legal duty on behalf of Parliament to see him/her either regain independence, or to dismiss him/her from the chairmanship.

Schedule I, Sec. 3(2) of the Racing Act gives the Minister full authority and power to do this:-

"The Minister may, ...., remove the member from office at any time, without compensation, for inability to perform the duties of office, bankruptcy, neglect of duty, or misconduct, .....

I would argue that he should be compelled to own horses as he then has an appreciation of the situation owners find themselves in and the problems they face.

You'd also argue that they should be paid 50/50 cash and betting vouchers, especially Andrew 'Morphine' Brown.

BTW , did you complain when 'Hands On' Hansen owned Changeover, or a share of it? or when Liz Dawson, Julie Crengle and Thayne Green held 50% of the board votes when the code they're aligned with generates 16% of the turnover?

I don't mind if he has some of each ,he should be supporting all three codes as he represents all three ,as long as he realises the costs v returns and is supporting the industry that he is in charge of and pays him so well , other wise it's like the CEO of AFFCO being a vegetarian.

I don't mind if he has some of each ,he should be supporting all three codes as he represents all three ,as long as he realises the costs v returns and is supporting the industry that he is in charge of and pays him so well , other wise it's like the CEO of AFFCO being a vegetarian.

so you're heterosexual, bisexual and homosexual?

I would argue that he should be compelled to own horses as he then has an appreciation of the situation owners find themselves in and the problems they face.

You'd also argue that they should be paid 50/50 cash and betting vouchers, especially Andrew 'Morphine' Brown.

BTW , did you complain when 'Hands On' Hansen owned Changeover, or a share of it? or when Liz Dawson, Julie Crengle and Thayne Green held 50% of the board votes when the code they're aligned with generates 16% of the turnover?

Have to disagree with you on that one Laurie. I think that's taking the idea of INDEPENDENCE too far. Midget is right for mine and I concur with the governance review recommendation on this: [align=left]"In any governance setting