RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
POPA GAS

Trackside 1 or 2

Are you happy with the coverage the Greyhounds get? I asked gra how much the Greyhounds pay for it, second rate coverage.( they pay over $2m.)

Well on Monday and Tuesday the dogs are on trackside 2, but when the horse's kick-in they are on T,1.

On Monday when the OZ kick-in we do not get front ons. Which most Greyhound people would rather have than looking at people walking back and putting them on the dias to get a ribbon or pic.

I know its  all about turnover,so how about we get a longer build up? But why do they have to talk to the jockeys in our 2 mins buildup? The horse's get 5 to 6 mins before their races, and if it's the trots, they most of the time, run late.

Bev

Are you happy with the coverage the Greyhounds get? I asked gra how much the Greyhounds pay for it, second rate coverage.( they pay over $2m.)

Well on Monday and Tuesday the dogs are on trackside 2, but when the horse's kick-in they are on T,1.

On Monday when the OZ kick-in we do not get front ons. Which most Greyhound people would rather have than looking at people walking back and putting them on the dias to get a ribbon or pic.

I know its  all about turnover,so how about we get a longer build up? But why do they have to talk to the jockeys in our 2 mins buildup? The horse's get 5 to 6 mins before their races, and if it's the trots, they most of the time, run late.

Bev

Good Question, This even happen's before group races, cheers

What gets me going is what Dusty has said, interviews with Trainers and Jockey of a MAIDEN win!!

Cant remember what race it was but they were waiting for Michael Coleman to unsaddle, weigh in and then interveiw him, leaving the lead in time to the next at Wanganui to next to nothing. Absolute BULL!!

Bev

I think that at least we have an improvement... We have always been shafted but with on going ringing the help desk things eventually get looked at. I an just so pleased those bloody blinds have disappeared enabling the picture being shown to be  seen...I agree "Head ons" are important and there is no excuse for these not being shown. I also think "Stirrups" are important for the astute punter..

I think that at least we have an improvement... We have always been shafted but with on going ringing the help desk things eventually get looked at. I an just so pleased those bloody blinds have disappeared enabling the picture being shown to be  seen...I agree "Head ons" are important and there is no excuse for these not being shown. I also think "Stirrups" are important for the astute punter..

What do you look for in stir-ups? I sometimes back the ones jumping out of their skin which the handler can hardly hold, but my mate who backs the ones taking a dump does just as well as me i'm sure :)

Depends what the dump looks like Blunty,Ian cole has a chart showing all the shades of colour similar to a litmus test for ph,not to mention consistency. The spade and bucket guy at aucklands got a copy and has been making plenty

Good heavens, that sounds like Embarassing Bodies last night.  

What do you look for in stir-ups? I sometimes back the ones jumping out of their skin which the handler can hardly hold, but my mate who backs the ones taking a dump does just as well as me i'm sure :)

I dred it when my dog takes a dump on the way to the boxes cause I know her win divy will plummet, the lads at my local think the same way as your mate does!!!

I like the new graphics and the way touch tone tells you what channel you are betting on.  Modest mouse says the head ons are a must for all trainers. Is that so you can see the bumps they get or can you actually retrain a dog that jumps and runs in or out at the start to change its ways?  Most dogs seem to demonstrate the same box  habits each time don't they? can trainers change that or do they leave it up to the dog to work it out with experience? Do you think dog size is a factor in whether they like to rail, run through a field, run out or just follow the others around should they get back in the field?

I like the new graphics and the way touch tone tells you what channel you are betting on.  Modest mouse says the head ons are a must for all trainers. Is that so you can see the bumps they get or can you actually retrain a dog that jumps and runs in or out at the start to change its ways?  Most dogs seem to demonstrate the same box  habits each time don't they? can trainers change that or do they leave it up to the dog to work it out with experience? Do you think dog size is a factor in whether they like to rail, run through a field, run out or just follow the others around should they get back in the field?

As a punter, I need head ons because I like to back the unlucky dogs next time.  

The only problem with that dusty is unlucky dogs tend to be that way due to there nature ,Manu Rama is a good example,if they raced in lanes this dog would be on the Dias more often than not,from a punting perspective give me the fast trapper anyday

You can not change their box manners. Has a lot to do with draws as well. Railers that get box 8 time and again, tend to crash hard left. Same the other way round. We also look at possible injuries from the head-on. 

The only problem with that dusty is unlucky dogs tend to be that way due to there nature ,Manu Rama is a good example,if they raced in lanes this dog would be on the Dias more often than not,from a punting perspective give me the fast trapper anyday

Yeah sometimes but dogs that jump well and get knocked over, you can get good prices on next few starts.  

They only have these for the big meetings, maybe it's a cost issue?

Yes it was great, and if it is a cost issue just do it for group races would be good.

Now we will see what coverage the dogs get on Monday and Tuesday?

I was watching the replays this morning,and while I waited for Wanganui,I watched CH-CH.

Now I would like the replay to have the existing results and breeding, at the front of the races,so people know which dogs to watch.

Bev

How about the coverage today at Addington, waffling on in the studio about races being held in 2 days while the dogs are being loaded, no pre race info or coverage at all, considering the gallops are a complete joke at the moment ( took 7 minutes to load the whole field today at Woodville) I think the greyhound code deserves better....