RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Forrest

(lord) tavistock and (it's a) dundeel

So as a stallion Tavistock is called Lord Tavistock in Australia as was the case when he was racing.

I thought that given that there was no other stallion with that name operating,he would revert back to his original name in oz.

Arrowfield obviously feel the same way about Dundeel, otherwise it would seem a little silly to spend all that marketing money on his old name.

So if he is allowed to use his old name, do we take it that Arrowfield power is stronger than Cambridge power in oz?

I realise there were other horses named Tavistock who may breed, but given that it was unlikely that a stallion would stand under that name and the fact that in previous stud books around the world horses have stood and mares have bred under the same name,but still worked out OK, I would be a touch upset about the double standards if I were Sir Patrick.

Forrest, just to clear things up, different stud books (NZ & OZ) would have adjudicated on the naming decisions with these horses, hence the incongruity. The Australian Stud Book appears to have elected to allow our beautiful entire by High Chaparral out of Stareel to be known be either name which is something of a world first. We were happy to market him as Dundeel even though his original registered name here was It's A Dundeel. The sales companies are calling him Dundeel while Tavistock remains Tavistock